Giant Monster Movies in Development

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Giant Monster Movies in Development

Post by ROMG4 »

The worm at the end reminds me of the African Graboid design from the last two Tremors movies

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It does seem like a pretty blatant Zombieland retread, if my really vague recollections of ZL are anything to go by (should probably rewatch that soon), but great dumb fun all the same. No idea if I'll see it in theaters, the world being the way it currently is, but it absolutely looks worth a watch.

I got the impression that the flying jellyfish will be there for some sort of reassuring "there's still beauty and hope in the world" type of scene, and that'll be fine if it goes that way, but I hope it ends up being a fakeout and the jellyfish suddenly turn on the characters. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

https://m.facebook.com/SuperGodzillaGam ... _tn__=EH-R

A crowd funding effort is under way for a movie called Brush Of God.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I like what I'm seeing and it seems it looks like the crowdfunding succeeded! The target amount is 2,000,000 yen and so far, they have 2,250,151 yen!

This is the Orochi we'll see in Brush of God and let me tell you, this is WAY better than the one in Yamato Takeru.

Also, the titular object is like Okami. I guess there's an object in Shinto mythology that both of these are basedo ffo ff.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Takeshi Miike is finally releasing a sequel to his Yokai War remake.

https://m.facebook.com/KaijuProductions ... 5303166025
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Takeshi Miike is finally releasing a sequel to his Yokai War remake.

I'm betting that the big yokai is either Gashadokuro or Honengyo.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Big Octopus from China actually looks entertaining than those early 2000s Octopus films.

Last edited by H-Man on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: This is the Orochi we'll see in Brush of God and let me tell you, this is WAY better than the one in Yamato Takeru.
Concept art, more often than not, usually does look better than the final product, as I've come to expect. Let's wait and see.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Takeshi Miike is finally releasing a sequel to his Yokai War remake.

This deserves its own thread! Love this franchise and love Miike. Hope this leads to them giving Mike the reins to the other classic Daiei genre franchisee.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I would like watch these new Chinese monster movies, but they seem impossible to find. Any help?

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I would like watch these new Chinese monster movies, but they seem impossible to find. Any help?
A lot of them eventually show up on Youtube. If you can copy the Chinese characters of the title, you can probably find them. If not, try the Chinese video site Youku.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

H-Man wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:I would like watch these new Chinese monster movies, but they seem impossible to find. Any help?
A lot of them eventually show up on Youtube. If you can copy the Chinese characters of the title, you can probably find them. If not, try the Chinese video site Youku.
Cool, thanks. I'll give that try.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

H-Man wrote:Big Octopus from China actually looks entertaining than those early 2000s Octopus films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfESnAvdZkE
This will surprise most people but I'm actually a fan of octopus themed movies. The problem with this is that it looks really cheap. Like Asylum Entertainment style cheap. With Sony PlayStation 1 style graphics.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

The Octopus wrote:
H-Man wrote:Big Octopus from China actually looks entertaining than those early 2000s Octopus films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfESnAvdZkE
This will surprise most people but I'm actually a fan of octopus themed movies. The problem with this is that it looks really cheap. Like Asylum Entertainment style cheap. With Sony PlayStation 1 style graphics.
That's not going to surprise anyone here I think. This is a monster movie forum, octopus are as monster-y as real world animals get. I'm right there with you man.

It's even less surprising when I read your name, ha!

But yeah, the CGI looks SyFy original bad. I mean Japan has less money and is doing better effects these days. Come on China!
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Vakanai wrote:But yeah, the CGI looks SyFy original bad. I mean Japan has less money and is doing better effects these days. Come on China!
No, I'd say more like Jurassic Games level. 2 times better than SyFy but not as good as the standard blockbuster.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:But yeah, the CGI looks SyFy original bad. I mean Japan has less money and is doing better effects these days. Come on China!
No, I'd say more like Jurassic Games level. 2 times better than SyFy but not as good as the standard blockbuster.
Is there a franchise or movie called Jurassic Games, or do you mean Jurassic Park and Jurassic World videogames?

And eh, that trailer didn't look that good CGI-wise.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Vakanai wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Is there a franchise or movie called Jurassic Games, or do you mean Jurassic Park and Jurassic World videogames?

The Jurassic Games is a low-budget movie that's basically just The Hunger Games and SAO's child with some dinosaurs thrown in. Never seen it but the CGI is decent.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: No, I'd say more like Jurassic Games level. 2 times better than SyFy but not as good as the standard blockbuster.

The Jurassic Games is a low-budget movie that's basically just The Hunger Games and SAO's child with some dinosaurs thrown in. Never seen it but the CGI is decent.
Going to have to watch that, I love seeing dinosaur movies no matter the quality.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Alien Awakening, an upcoming Chinese "cosmic" horror/adventure.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/364 ... d-cthulhu/
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

Edit - you beat me to it! ^
Looks quite cool.

Chinese Lovecraftian oddity / odyssey:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/364 ... d-cthulhu/
Last edited by xenotactics on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.