Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by goji1986 »

o.supreme wrote:Also I seem to recall TTF on Hulu, not sure about Ultimate Hero, but I'm pretty sure these were never on Netflix, not in the US at least.
No, it was definitely on Netflix for a time maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I remember scanning through the first episode.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

^ Yeah, Towards the Future was on Netflix as far back as ten years ago. It was one of the first things I watched when I changed my subscription from disc rental to streaming.

I think the U.S. rights could still be tied up with whatever company was syndicating it then.
Last edited by Terasawa on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Hrmmm...I've had Netflix streaming for nearly a decade myself, and I cannot recall that. maybe because I've always had TTF in some other form, I never bothered to look it up.
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Via Facebook -
Keith Aiken wrote:We just announced the current release schedule during the Kaiju Con-line panel. Mill Creek has had to adjust the schedule due to the pandemic and its impact on retailers. Taro is now planned for a January 2021 release, followed by Leo in Feb. Between now and then we're getting Neo Ultra Q on August 11, Ginga/Ginga S on September 15 and R/B on October 13.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That kinda sucks but at least I'll have Neo Ultra Q on disc and Taro and Leo practically coming out back to back.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Basically in summation, if there are no further delays, we will have everything announced on last years flyer plus Neo Ultra Q, and Ginga/Ginga S hopefully by end of Spring of 2021. If you spread out all the releases going back to Ultra Q in October of Last year, by 1 per month, that's only about 3-4 months downtime. Not bad all things considered.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

As I've said before, I'm perfectly content with there being some gaps between releases - it gives them more time to perfect things like subtitles, timing and the booklets. The Return of Ultraman set was definitely a rushed release, as shown by the mistimed subs and Engrish episode summaries (Plus them using a photo of Captain Ibuki to represent Captain Kato).
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I wonder why Heisei Ultraseven wasn't offered as a part of this initial package deal. Were they coproductions? Neos was also a DTV series and it's included

Whatever the case, it's the currently unlicensed one I most hope they eventually get.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

At least, in the meantime, the Heisei U7 series are available in a fansubbed iteration.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Got my Neo Q BRD set. I'm up to episode 9, will probably finish later today. It's ok, not great. There are some episodes where the 3 protagonists are barely in it, and 2 episodes (so far) where basically the world ended, but I guess those are just like Simpsons Treehouse episodes ;) . The original Q felt more like Twilight Zone/Outer Limits. Neo Q just isn't replicating that feel for me.

Also there's one episode where a woman gets stuck on an island and makes perfume from a smelly monsters mucus. The monster looks just like Daigoro (except for the nose) from the film Daigoro vs Goliath. Has any explanation been offered as to why?

Additionally it is odd they. Chose to translate Kaiju as Ogre rather than monster.....
Last edited by o.supreme on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

o.supreme wrote:Also there's one episode where a woman gets stuck on an island and makes perfume from a smelly monsters mucus. The monster looks just like Daigoro (except for the nose) from the film Daigoro vs Goliath. Has any explanation been offered as to why?
Just an homage, given Daigoro was a Tsuburaya production. Also in the same episode, the infamous Sunflan plants from Lawless Monster Zone can be spotted on the island.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

One of the coolest little touches about Mill Creek's presentations of the classic Ultra shows is how closely they've approximated the onscreen Japanese titles as English fonts on the packaging.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Those are direct from Tsuburaya as part of their push for international appeal for the series.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

^I wondered if that was the case. Regardless of who's responsible, I dig it.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Thinking about that YouTube interview and the statement that they want to rerelease Ultraman as a special edition with a complete English dub... now seeing them working with Ballyhoo to produce original extras for their Universal and Hammer classic horror sets and seeing all the new interviews they've done for their Battlefield Earth release...

Makes me wonder what they've got cooking for Ultraman? Since so many of the original cast are still around new interviews are certainly doable, and Mill Creek had that vintage interview with the English dub cast in their older, Chaiyo licenced set. I imagine Birth of Ultraman and the alternate American credits sequences would be included.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I thought I heard somewhere that Mill Creek was looking into licensing special features from Tsuburaya. Not sure if that means existing ones or new ones but it's something.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I’d like to see them license the stage shows. Anyone seen anything about the Gridman release date?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Gridman is a ways off, but they floated the possibility of offering it for streaming before the physical release.
UltramanGoji wrote:I thought I heard somewhere that Mill Creek was looking into licensing special features from Tsuburaya. Not sure if that means existing ones or new ones but it's something.
This was also from Keith Allen's infodump. Kind of a "read between the lines" thing, mentioning that licensing for interview footage, behind-the-scenes stuff and whatnot is a bit more complex. Could mean they're trying to pull it off.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

I know for a fact that Mill Creek had big plans for their Ultra catalog - specifically making brand new content - but COVID-19 put a stop to it since it would have involved making said content with actual fans.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Oooh, hopefully we will see that come to fruition!