ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: So, uh... How many times has Belial come back?
Too many to count. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hold on, isn't Juggler a villain?

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
Jeez, there's a lot of Z-Risers around here.

Added in 4 minutes 38 seconds:
These sunset shots look amazing!

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
I want to know how they got this long take... really badly.

Added in 2 minutes 37 seconds:
Please don't tell me the English pronounciation of Zetton is "zett-in".

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Zero sounds way younger than I expected. Weird.

Added in 8 minutes 25 seconds:
Aaaaaand done.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Geed makes a remark about Belial unable to rest in peace, thought that was pretty funny.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Was busy watching Endgame with my dad.

Added in 26 seconds:
Really liking how the black hole looks

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:
I gotta say, Gamma Future's deffinitely my favorite form so far.
Spoiler:
Currently, I'm hoping Delta Rise looks even better!
Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Holy crap, those Valis Raiders look cool!

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
So, uh... How many times has Belial come back?

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
The monster medals come from a gumball machine...
Which Ultras will Delta Rise harness the power off?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Was busy watching Endgame with my dad.

Added in 26 seconds:
Really liking how the black hole looks

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:
I gotta say, Gamma Future's deffinitely my favorite form so far.
Spoiler:
Currently, I'm hoping Delta Rise looks even better!
Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Holy crap, those Valis Raiders look cool!

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
So, uh... How many times has Belial come back?

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
The monster medals come from a gumball machine...
Which Ultras will Delta Rise harness the power off?
All I know is his name.

Added in 17 minutes 11 seconds:
I hate this so much.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287360308701360129

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Yeah I think people should like this episode.
Spoiler:
I think favorite part was seeing Ultraman Z human sized and Yoko geeking out about that. She thirsts for him! I was hoping she'd kiss him :( The explosion at the end made me think of Guardian of the Universe's ending. Also that was a very fun fight. Can't wait to see Gamma Future!
I thought that scene was really funny, especially with "the dance".

Anyways, episode 8 was a blast. The episode made the belial fusion monsters actually relate to the plot and gave them something unique, rather than just powered up versions of themselves. Some of the fight cinematography was some of the best the ultra man series has ever seen. Kinda funny how this one episode of Z was way better looking visually than the Ultraman Geed film. Also this episode cleared up the problem of having sameish cityscapes that they were fighting in. the factory/sunset setting was a nice mix-up.

I also got the impression that this episode and the last episode will be a turning point in the series. It's not a two-parter in the traditional sense, but ends with Z being recognized as his own Ultraman. If we view 1-8 as setting up the characters and getting them into place, we can see the next part focus on more original stories and ideas which seems to be exactly what will happen.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Spoiler:
I think favorite part was seeing Ultraman Z human sized and Yoko geeking out about that. She thirsts for him! I was hoping she'd kiss him :( The explosion at the end made me think of Guardian of the Universe's ending. Also that was a very fun fight. Can't wait to see Gamma Future!

Anyways, episode 8 was a blast. The episode made the belial fusion monsters actually relate to the plot and gave them something unique, rather than just powered up versions of themselves. Some of the fight cinematography was some of the best the ultra man series has ever seen. Kinda funny how this one episode of Z was way better looking visually than the Ultraman Geed film. Also this episode cleared up the problem of having sameish cityscapes that they were fighting in. the factory/sunset setting was a nice mix-up.
It was episode 7.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Spoiler:

It was episode 7.
ok.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Well I really enjoyed episode seven! The fight scenes were great and I wasn't expecting Pendanium Zetton and Thunder Killer to make an appearance. It was nice to see Celebro change the medals during battle like the Ultras as it made the battle more intense imo.

Also that up close shot of Z and Geed fighting Skull Gomora..... Awesome. Just awesome. :)

The only thing I didn't really care for was the scene with Z and Yoko "dancing" with her swooning. I honestly rolled my eyes at that... But all in all, it was another solid episode. It's crazy that we're not even in the double digits yet.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

UltimateDitto wrote:Geed makes a remark about Belial unable to rest in peace, thought that was pretty funny.
The question is how meta they intended that comment to be...

Episode 7 started off a lot faster than I thought it would.

The cover story for Riku by Juggler was amusing as Riku added to it, especially with the “I’m like a wanderer” comment and the subsequent reaction being a nice payoff.

Good explanation for Zero getting out of the worm hole and his delayed timing to get there.

The dance scene walked the line on the campiness and gave Zett something different to do too so that was appreciated.

Those fight scenes were great, also nice Zero to break out the mode changes.

The farewell at the end was good and it’s not like Zero and Geed will stay gone the rest of the series most likely, that could end up being a bloated movie roster for Z though with them and presumably the Tri-Squad and then Orb since Juggler should still be around.

Another week of can’t wait to see the new episode too.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That low angle, long take brawl...contender for best shot in the entire Ultraman series, IMO. Just goes to show that suitmation is still viable to this day.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

UltramanGoji wrote:That low angle, long take brawl...contender for best shot in the entire Ultraman series, IMO. Just goes to show that suitmation is still viable to this day.
To think they're just on episode 7...what the hell is gonna happen when they break out the balls to the wall shit towards the end of the series
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

UltramanGoji wrote:That low angle, long take brawl...contender for best shot in the entire Ultraman series, IMO. Just goes to show that suitmation is still viable to this day.
Seriously, what shadow wizard did they hire to do that!?

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Seriously, what shadow wizard did they hire to do that!?
No wizard, just green screen, a plan and some dudes in suits. Fuck yeah
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I hate to keep knocking R/B, but it's insane that we went to something that was so bland and standard looking to something like this.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I hate to keep knocking R/B, but it's insane that we went to something that was so bland and standard looking to something like this.
Taiga would like to talk.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I hate to keep knocking R/B, but it's insane that we went to something that was so bland and standard looking to something like this.
I haven't seen R/B but from the clips i have, Orb and Geed looked a lot better than it does. Did Tsuburaya run out of money with that one?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Taiga would like to talk.
Tiga seems like the in-between step between the two series. Tiga was fantastic though, so don't take this as me criticizing it too much.
Gigantis wrote:
I haven't seen R/B but from the clips i have, Orb and Geed looked a lot better than it does. Did Tsuburaya run out of money with that one?
No clue, but that would be interesting to find out.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just started thinking about the ULTRAMAN anime and realized what's probably the most prevalent nitpick I have (besides how horrendous Rena is). None of the aliens retain their names from the live-action series. For example, Bullton is now called Robuton and Pigmon is Igaru. Literally, the only name that doesn't get changed is Ace Killer but even then, I don't remember him even being referred by that name.

On the bright side, I actually prefer the name Adad to Dada since all the other kaiju with reference names had their spelling changed (e.g Breton to Bullton).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Soooo...The Taiga movie comes out this Friday. Corona cases in Japan are steadily rising. My area is rural, so it isn't so bad. Movie theaters in Japan right now have checkered seating and require masks. I haven't been to a theater in a long time. What are all your opinions? Should I go? Worth noting I sit next to someone at work who literally goes to the movies everyday, and my girlfriend works at the movie theater. I'm really debating going, but it would be super easy to go see the movie and then hang out with my girlfriend after.

Does anyone want me to report back on the quality of the taiga movie? I'm internally debating. I live alone, and actually this Friday Is the end of the semester and after that I'm not seeing any students for a month.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.