TREMORS Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: TREMORS Thread

Post by Zilla103192 »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
NSZ wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote:The trailer has the new Ass Blaster design in it... Or did I miss something?
No, you're not missing anything. Anyone seeing the original designs is seeing things.
If you guys are going to dispute what someone says, you should probably pay attention to what they're saying first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_World
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World

What TyrantGojira said isn't wrong.
I didn't dispute it. I asked if I was missing something, which turns out I was. I wasn't aware of the "new" and "old" world names for them. I've always seen just African and American.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It's amazing how art imitates life and vice versa. One could easily see this worm inspiring a grabboid that lurks in shallow waters.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Recent comments seem to suggest that Fred Ward is returning to the Tremors franchise for Kevin Bacon's upcoming Syfy series.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Recent comments seem to suggest that Fred Ward is returning to the Tremors franchise for Kevin Bacon's upcoming Syfy series.
Haven’t see Ward in ages. Hope this is true.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Well the upcoming Tremors series is no longer happening apparently. Bacon revealed on his Twitter.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Well the upcoming Tremors series is no longer happening apparently. Bacon revealed on his Twitter.

Damn it! I was looking forward to the TV series more then anything else from the Tremor series. Fred Ward coming back gave me a lot of hope too maybe another network will pick it up.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I was hoping we'd get the classic Graboid design with a series. Oh well, I still enjoy the movie series but I was really looking forward to this. Any reason why it won't happen?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Network didn't pick it up I imagine. He didn't go into specifics in the tweet I saw.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wonder if Netflix would have any interest. It seems like the kind of thing they'd put on their service and has just the right amount of star power to do well.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

6 was hot garbage. If you didn't like the last one I don't think you'll like this one.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Saw it out of morbid curiosity and... it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't good either. Just sorta a run of the mill straight to TV sequel in terms of quality.

Some good practical effects, great landscape shots, some witty dialogue here and there... undermined by genero-bad CGI, crude humor moments, very predictable plot, and one note characters. I give it a 5.5/10. You're not missing anything by skipping this entry.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Is 6 out now? If so, does anyone have any idea if Universal's going to bring out a six-films-in-one release, like they did with Attack Pack and Anthology before?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

mikelcho wrote:Is 6 out now? If so, does anyone have any idea if Universal's going to bring out a six-films-in-one release, like they did with Attack Pack and Anthology before?
They announced a 6 pack DVD.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Thanks! Do you know what the planned release date is?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Just finished A Cold Day in Hell. I thought it was enjoyable. Better than Bloodlines but just behind The Legend Begins.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

mikelcho wrote:Thanks! Do you know what the planned release date is?
Its out now. I just saw the set at Walmart.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Okay. I'm watching it now. I'll update with some bullet points.
Spoiler:
-hopefully this "did you change teams??" Thing goes somewhere. Because its been brought up twice now and I hope its not just a "lol we wanted him to wear a different hat" excuse.

-I thought that nobody could touch perfection because it was protected because of El Blanco? How are they just rolling up and ceasing property?

-Callback to Val and Rhonda. That's cool. Nice to know they made it.

-So these new Graboids are actually the ancestors of the ones we saw in the original films? That's why they are bigger and look different? I can actually get behind that.

-Lol, he had a tapeworm. Irony

-Dude! I want Graboid skin boots!

-Kind of feel like Val is gonna be a villian.

-oh my god are we getting water graboids?? (Edit: nope... Just a regular Graboid under the floor of the spring... Meh)

-Okay, so Graboids are venomous now? Are they going to explain this?

-okay, so call back to part 3. He was infected with the venom when he was swallowed. Neat.

-Still didn't get a "Graboids aren't venomous!!" Response or anything... So we're just gonna accept this? Kay...

-...that Graboid just did a dirty thing to that girl...

-okay I hope this guy in the glasses dies. He's a liability. Get eaten or get out.

-He got eaten.

-Water is the new oil?

-I thought these Graboids tongues detached? They seem like they're just tounges again. (Edit: they never detach)

-Lol call back to Rhonda taking off her pants in the original. That was funny.

-peeing? To distract a Graboid? That's dumb... But still better then the "shit! I'm pissing myself!" And bury drinking his own pee scenes in 5. Why are these movies so fixated on urine now?

-apparently, Graboid venom attacks only happen when you're in danger, you're fine any other time.

-did they just use the same exact shot of a tongue crawling up a rock only seconds apart?

-If they kill Burt, this franchise is dead.

-Heather callback! I'm really liking these references.

-Their gonna go Graboid fishing? That actually sounds awesome.

-The Graboid gore is really good. Straight out of Aftershocks

-one Graboid left and their big weapon that was working perfectly on all the other ones is of course, busted now. They use this plot device in almost every Tremors movie.

-Mustang Sally!

-bet me. Valerie poisoned burt and made up the "we need to capture a live Graboid to cure him" thing so she could get a live Graboid for evil purposes... It has to be going this route.

-Here comes the fishin!

-that was actually a pretty fun scene.

-oooh... Practical Graboid head! Nice! Not the best effect, but appreciated

-Graboids can burp apparently.

-this one on one scene of them vs the trapped graboid is kind of dum... Oh good Burt just shot it. Thank you

-Burt gets poisoned by being inside a Graboid... How should be get the antidote? Lets crawl inside a Graboid...

How does a Graboid administer its venom? Its literally just a ball of snot hanging from his throat.

-I swear to god if this isn't a fake out I'm done with the franchise. Burts not dead...

-called it.

-so they just drop the weaponized Graboid line at the end of the film... Burt suspected it earlier. But it was written off, now there's a quick scene saying "They WERE weaponized all along!! Muhahaha"

-Burt killed the Weaponized Graboid. They even warned him it was government property. While that was for the best, that still sounds like a pretty big thing that Burt would get a lot of Jail time for.

-So I guess these new Graboids look different because they are Weaponized? I could get behind that theory too. As long as they aren't just played off as the regular Graboid. But PLEASE give us the old ones back, at least for one movie... Give us an El Blanco vs a Super Digger.

-Okay I was wrong about Val. My bad. Missed opportunity though.

-lol brokedick.
Okay. That wasn't bad, it wasn't on par with the original Trilogy. But I'd say it's at least as good if not a little better then 4. I LOVED all the callbacks to the previous movies, although it seems like they are just taking Shreikers out of the equasion. They never mention them. Ever. Even when they are talking about the old Graboids and Assblasters. Which kind of sucks because I think Shreikers are my favorite of the line.

I'd rank the franchise probably like this.

But 4 and 6 are pretty interchangeable. I think they are both equally entertaining... But 6 is a bit more dumb.
Last edited by Zilla103192 on Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
mikelcho wrote:Thanks! Do you know what the planned release date is?
Its out now. I just saw the set at Walmart.
Thanks again! Now I can pick this one up at the same place that I picked up Anthology at. Sweet!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I got the six pack, movie was hella fun, here's hoping for both a seventh in the series and that Kevin Bacon gets that series picked up eventually.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Vakanai wrote:I got the six pack, movie was hella fun, here's hoping for both a seventh in the series and that Kevin Bacon gets that series picked up eventually.
The Kevin Bacon series was cancelled.