Godzila Tokyo Clash boardgame

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Godzila Tokyo Clash boardgame

Post by daveblackeye15 »

So yeah I got off work early, went into a toy-game shop that re-opened and I wanted to support. Saw this sitting there and hadn't heard about it before.
https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Tokyo-C ... 155&sr=8-1
You got Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah and Megalon. If it's a good rumble I'd all be for an expansion pack. Gimmie Rodan, Angiurus, Biollante and Jet Jaguar!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Godzila Tokyo Clash boardgame

Post by ROMG4 »

You know its pretty strange how the box-art and other illustrations show a Heisei or Milleniumesque Godzilla. While the actual model is almost a cross between the 1968 and 1974 Godzilla designs

Either way I don't mind the Showa aesthetic is brilliant
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

It kind of is a pretty Showa Godzilla figure isn't it?
I looked at the cards and plenty of nods to the movies. There is a tail slide card for Godzilla and victory dance of course.
Mothra has almost every power from her movies. She has spike needles from GMK, laser antenna from Battle for Earth and poison wind from Mothra vs. Godzilla.

Interesting in other cards we see Gigan and Jet Jaguar getting attacked so I'm hopeful for Gigan and JJ being part of an expansion.

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

I played this game recently, and it's a lot of fun. Plenty of replayability, and I'd love to see an expansion or two to allow more players.
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Here's a look at the card art for the game -
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g2JQ0x
Last edited by tbeasley on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Challenger007
Ronin

Post by Challenger007 »

As for me, a wonderful set. If you collect, then it seems to me worth buying. The main thing is that there are no small children nearby who will scatter him. It's a shame when part of such a set is lost.