Japanese Translating Apps

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Japanese Translating Apps

Post by Anguirus »

Anybody recommend any Japanese translating apps for those of us who can’t read Japanese? It’s ok if they cost money. That way I can read the Godzilla perfection series and the Cloverfield manga. Thank you!
Last edited by Anguirus on Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Japanese Translating Apps

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Anguirus wrote:Anybody recommend any Japanese translating apps for those of us who can’t read Japanese? It’s ok if they cost money. That way I can read the Godzilla perfection series and the Cloverfield manga. Thank you!
There are no apps in existence that will just magically translate stuff for you. Based on how conjugation of been stems works, and how subjects correlate to particular usage, and things are extremely contextual, the whole thing is really hard.

Also, The Godzilla franchise in general, is aimed at an older audience (teens vs 10 year olds) then most other stuff, and contain a lot of unique SF language, so it tends to have a higher level of vocabulary and grammar.

If you want a good way to search up kanji and draw them I suggest JEDICT lite.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.