Possible bootleg Godzilla books using fan art

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Possible bootleg Godzilla books using fan art

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

When I was out today, I found a local comic shop was selling these two books.

Art Of Godzilla - King Of The Monsters (Unofficial)

Godzilla Coloring Book

I flipped through them and was shocked. The First one claims that the images are concept art for the new Godzilla film, but the images are all fan art done by high profile artists like Matt Frank. A few them had the DeviantArt watermark on them. The Second one was a mix of fan art and professional art done for IDWs comics. No credit was given to any of the artists and there was no copyright info on either of these books.

I've looked on Amazon for more info and I've found five more of these colouring books. All of which are filled with stole artwork

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Possible bootleg Godzilla books using fan art

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:When I was out today, I found a local comic shop was selling these two books.

Godzilla Coloring Book

I flipped through them and was shocked. The First one claims that the images are concept art for the new Godzilla film, but the images are all fan art done by high profile artists like Matt Frank. A few them had the DeviantArt watermark on them. The Second one was a mix of fan art and professional art done for IDWs comics. No credit was given to any of the artists and there was no copyright info on either of these books.

I've looked on Amazon for more info and I've found five more of these colouring books. All of which are filled with stole artwork
Should have taken pictures to be honest. Would make identifying these things more easy. Its a shame because IDW/Toho should just release a Godzilla coloring book or just a Godzilla art book.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:When I was out today, I found a local comic shop was selling these two books.

Godzilla Coloring Book

Should have taken pictures to be honest. Would make identifying these things more easy. Its a shame because IDW/Toho should just release a Godzilla coloring book or just a Godzilla art book.
Ok, here's the Amazon links.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Godzilla-K ... ks&sr=1-12

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Godzilla-Color ... ANXYKDMSHW

I did a little digging in the person who's responsible for the first one, she has a lot of unlicensed books under her name, Harry Potter words search and a colouring book that's quotes from How To Make Friends and
Influence People.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Godzilla Coloring Book

I did a little digging in the person who's responsible for the first one, she has a lot of unlicensed books under her name, Harry Potter words search and a colouring book that's quotes from How To Make Friends and
Influence People.
Wow, considering how the covers look decent, from an unassuming eye, it doesn`t look too off. Even more ridiculous is that due to Amazon suggestions its being advertised alongside the regular IDW comics. Anyway to contact Matt Frank, Zornow, or anyone at IDW about this?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Should have taken pictures to be honest. Would make identifying these things more easy. Its a shame because IDW/Toho should just release a Godzilla coloring book or just a Godzilla art book.

Influence People.
Wow, considering how the covers look decent, from an unassuming eye, it doesn`t look too off. Even more ridiculous is that due to Amazon suggestions its being advertised alongside the regular IDW comics. Anyway to contact Matt Frank, Zornow, or anyone at IDW about this?
I've left a message on Matt Frank's Deviantart page, as one of the other artists whose work has been stolen. As for contacting IDW, I'm not sure how to go about that.