The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm guessing blue is a new inclusion and red is a newly decided retiree.

Though I hope its two inclusions

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:44 pm
Gigantis wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:38 pm So i just realized. On the awards and feedback thread, there's ten circles. Two of them are glowing red and blue specifically and the other's aren't glowing at all.

Does this mean something?
Indeed, and hopefully it will be done when the survey concludes ;)
I’ll admit, if this is a new logo banner, I’m both excited and a tad bummed. I’m gonna miss the old one.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match is out and Cyber-Zilla is back, and so is Mechani-Kong
Spoiler:
Mechani-Kong put up a fight, but Cyber-Zilla won this one
Overall, the match is great, the banner is great and it's a great match to start 2021

Also I like the banner upgrades to the earlier matches, keep it up
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Random question, but do you think that for MonsterVerse Mothra there would be a way to "weaponize" the God Rays? She doesn't use it for battle (Least in the one instance they were used) but the great light was able to knock back ocean water and part a stormy sky so could it be argued there is some force behind it? Or merely the lights act as a blinding momentary flare?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 pm Random question, but do you think that for MonsterVerse Mothra there would be a way to "weaponize" the God Rays? She doesn't use it for battle (Least in the one instance they were used) but the great light was able to knock back ocean water and part a stormy sky so could it be argued there is some force behind it? Or merely the lights act as a blinding momentary flare?
I think 275 had it where it blinded and blew the Skullcrawler away if I'm recalling that right. The God Rays *do* exude tremendous wind / force, so I can imagine something like that can be done--though it isn't a permanent thing, as I do think that initial wind/force does die down after a bit (as she continues to glow, communicating with Godzilla). That's my take, at least.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Question: is Match 83 part of the Greyshot series continuity?

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:58 pm Question: is Match 83 part of the Greyshot series continuity?
I believe it is, since he has said that's the match that inspired him.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:58 pm Question: is Match 83 part of the Greyshot series continuity?
GodzillavsJason wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:26 pmI believe it is, since he has said that's the match that inspired him.
So I finally have the answer to this!

Kinda.

It's very much the match that inspired him to write for the KWC, and likewise it's referenced within the match itself. However, this is only a nod to Match 83, not that it's strictly 100% official in the continuity. 83 is a loose frame of reference in Greyshot's series; something that can be rectified if his story demands it.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

KaijuX wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:26 pm
GodzillavsJason wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:26 pmI believe it is, since he has said that's the match that inspired him.
So I finally have the answer to this!

Kinda.

It's very much the match that inspired him to write for the KWC, and likewise it's referenced within the match itself. However, this is only a nod to Match 83, not that it's strictly 100% official in the continuity. 83 is a loose frame of reference in Greyshot's series; something that can be rectified if his story demands it.
Yup. Another example is Match 167, C-Rex vs. Cyber Godzilla. Its technically a sequel to Match 141, but I never got the green light or approval of Christian so its unofficial.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

A new match is up! Sure enough, the Visitor is now a part of the roster!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

A super fun debut for the Visitor. And an excellent banner.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

So not entirely sure what went down with the stats page; apologies for that, I guess Greyshot didn't send over the stats I had provided. That said, I do love the subtitle The Visitor has over the one I had in mind. Rest assured, final stats will be coming in soon. ;)

Pair of kings.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
Fight people (or monsters/kaiju in this case) to make friends, kids! That's the lesson here... I guess.
This was an alright match for our newest participant,

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Oh sweet The Visitor is in, and a pretty good debut for him. Like the KWC matches that give love to the more unique beasts on the roster.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Welcome to the K.W.C Visitor. Also Bagorah got another match.
Spoiler:
I'm quite surprised that the fight ended in a draw, and with a food tug of war no less
Overall, the match is fun, the banner is fun and I hope to see more matches with the Visitor
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright, new match is nice! Seeing Visitor finally make it into the roster after all this time is poggers, and more Bagorah to boot? How can ya say no to it?

Kinda confused about the ending though
Spoiler:
Is that implying Visitor is gonna kill Bagorah next time they meet or does he want to be friends?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

KaijuX wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 pmThat said, I do love the subtitle The Visitor has over the one I had in mind.
His subtitle should be "Contest Loser." :P
Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:45 pmKinda confused about the ending though
Spoiler:
Is that implying Visitor is gonna kill Bagorah next time they meet or does he want to be friends?
Spoiler:
I took it as a Hulk-and-Thor type deal. "I like you. I also like punching you. Friend?"
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:20 pm
KaijuX wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 pmThat said, I do love the subtitle The Visitor has over the one I had in mind.
His subtitle should be "Contest Loser." :P
Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:45 pmKinda confused about the ending though
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I took it as a Hulk-and-Thor type deal. "I like you. I also like punching you. Friend?"
"I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND, BUDDY!"

"I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY, GUY!"

"I'M NOT YOUR GUY, FRIEND!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Okay, Shin Ultraman trailer is out..
Spoiler:
Can we talk about finally getting rid of Bemular and make room for Gabora and Neronga?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:09 pm Okay, Shin Ultraman trailer is out..
Spoiler:
Can we talk about finally getting rid of Bemular and make room for Gabora and Neronga?
It was very much on the table for us; though things will be finalized once the movie is available for viewing. I see strong chances for Neronga, imo, but that has yet to be determined as of this time.

Pair of kings.