The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Imagine if there was a Heisei Godzilla month and he never won any of his matches.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 am Imagine if there was a Heisei Godzilla month and he never won any of his matches.
Beautiful......

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Lol imagine the salt that would harbor.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 am Imagine if there was a Heisei Godzilla month and he never won any of his matches.
Given that this month was kind of controversial as is, that does not sound like fun... :Godzilla68:

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

And have him lose to Gamera, Ultraman and Kong. Just for added burn.
Resized Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I propose a Shin Godzilla month where he doesn't get a win.

Just so Facebook comments can lose their minds.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nathus214 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:33 pm I propose a Shin Godzilla month where he doesn't get a win.

Just so Facebook comments can lose their minds.
I actually wonder; would they lose their minds...or just put their sunglasses on and have a field day with it? 8-)

From what I can tell, Shin Godzilla doesn’t seem to be everyone’s favorite incarnation of the Big G ‘round here... ... ...

If such a month actually happens, I will cry inside. :cry:

(Not really, but I’ll be a little bummed.)
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Shin needs to have matches in general before he can get a losing streak lmao.

Nah, what we need is to add Minilla and make sure he wins every match he's in.

Then will the KWC be balanced.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I think it’s more that people don’t mind Shin losing as much as the other Godzillas, probably because he’s usually depicted as the villain. His loss is a triumph over a deadly threat to the world, whereas with the other Godzillas it’s usually more so a heroic creature being brutally murdered.

Added in 2 minutes 41 seconds:
Also, the people who used to complain when Heisei lost and now complain when Legendary loses are children, and children either think along the lines “Shin Godzilla isn’t Godzilla, he’s Shin Godzilla, which is practically a different character” or just think Shin Godzilla’s a stupid movie that has too much talking and not enough large things hitting each other.

And yes I say used to complain when Heisei lost, because I think people don’t complain about that anymore because again, Legendary is the new Godzilla all the children love.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm “Shin Godzilla isn’t Godzilla, he’s Shin Godzilla, which is practically a different character”
I don’t mean to point fingers or start a flame war by any means or anything, but I cannot tell you how painfully that particular saying gets on my nerves.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:26 pm
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm “Shin Godzilla isn’t Godzilla, he’s Shin Godzilla, which is practically a different character”
I don’t mean to point fingers or start a flame war by any means or anything, but I cannot tell you how painfully that particular saying gets on my nerves.
Why? It doesn't sound that annoying though it is kind of ignorant.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I personally am in the camp of "if the month is themed after a guy, I would like to actually see that Kaiju win" controversial concept I am sure.
Spoiler:
As far as the recent film goes, will Hollow Earth be added as an arena?

And yeah Legendary Mechagodzilla is distinct from Heisei Mechagodzilla so I am happy both are around. Even if I am not the biggest Heisei Mechagodzilla guy the mecha diversity can only be good for matches.
Last edited by godjacob on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Spoiler:
The Hollow Earth is absolutely allowed as an arena. It'd be a crime to not use it.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:11 pm
Spoiler:
The Hollow Earth is absolutely allowed as an arena. It'd be a crime to not use it.
Spoiler:
Sweet should lead to some fun matches off the field alone.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm I think it’s more that people don’t mind Shin losing as much as the other Godzillas, probably because he’s usually depicted as the villain. His loss is a triumph over a deadly threat to the world, whereas with the other Godzillas it’s usually more so a heroic creature being brutally murdered.

Added in 2 minutes 41 seconds:
Also, the people who used to complain when Heisei lost and now complain when Legendary loses are children, and children either think along the lines “Shin Godzilla isn’t Godzilla, he’s Shin Godzilla, which is practically a different character” or just think Shin Godzilla’s a stupid movie that has too much talking and not enough large things hitting each other.

And yes I say used to complain when Heisei lost, because I think people don’t complain about that anymore because again, Legendary is the new Godzilla all the children love.
To be fair on this, isn't it a KWC storyline (?) where Shin is being turned to the good by Mothra Leo? I feel Shin could easily be worked as a misunderstood being of suffering to sympathize with as he is a villainess hell spawn.

SoggyNoodles2016

I really disagree with the take Shin is a villian. Dude is suffering and in pain, simply exploring the world of humans and eventually retaliating when they hit back. There is nothing there outside original Godzilla's arc.

TBH, every match I'm working on with Shin basically gives him the full Showa arc from menace to sort of hero, so those people are gonna LOVE me :lol:

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm
To be fair on this, isn't it a KWC storyline (?) where Shin is being turned to the good by Mothra Leo? I feel Shin could easily be worked as a misunderstood being of suffering to sympathize with as he is a villainess hell spawn.
Yeah. I wrote it lol

Shin in terms of character imo is very much down to what the writer wants to do. One can easily make him heroic after going down the path to redemption, one can make him just neutral and amoral, and one can make him outright vile and destructive to all except himself. He’s pretty much like every other incarnation of Godzilla that’s negatively effected by the atom bomb, confused, lost, angry, and in agony. Just depends on what happens to him afterwards.

I’m just saying that most people are gonna write him or expect to read him as the “god of destruction” or as something trying to overtake all life with his own spawn Godzilla Earth-style. And there’s nothing wrong with writing him like that, just depends on the skill of the author at the end of the day. Just, ya know, don’t write him exclusively as that. Variety, the spice of life, all that jazz.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Sounds solid enough and hey variety is always a plus so I am for this.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:08 pm
godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm
Yeah. I wrote it lol

Shin in terms of character imo is very much down to what the writer wants to do. One can easily make him heroic after going down the path to redemption, one can make him just neutral and amoral, and one can make him outright vile and destructive to all except himself. He’s pretty much like every other incarnation of Godzilla that’s negatively effected by the atom bomb, confused, lost, angry, and in agony. Just depends on what happens to him afterwards.

I’m just saying that most people are gonna write him or expect to read him as the “god of destruction” or as something trying to overtake all life with his own spawn Godzilla Earth-style. And there’s nothing wrong with writing him like that, just depends on the skill of the author at the end of the day. Just, ya know, don’t write him exclusively as that. Variety, the spice of life, all that jazz.
Can I say the anime canon's attempt to claim Godzilla Earth is not a bad guy in the third film feel....laughable, given out of all Godzilla's this one is one of the few to proactively seek out and destroy creatures and humans alike in a literal warpath to reshape the world in its own image? That is evil, just because Void Ghidorah is worse doesn't change this.

Random note but needed to vent lol

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Should Warbat be added to the KWC, given how we've got the Skullcrawlers?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:01 pm Should Warbat be added to the KWC, given how we've got the Skullcrawlers?
Oh could be a fun addition.
Spoiler:
We do see one of them being able to give Kong some trouble, so they can defiantly be written to hang with the roster.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:01 pm Should Warbat be added to the KWC, given how we've got the Skullcrawlers?
Most likely, no. While very unique, the main problem is there is no single member amongst the group to really make it stand out. Gyaos had Super Gyaos. The Mutos had the male and the female. I think the closest we have to something like this is Gamines, so never say never.

I will say in general for anyone that may be curious to what I prefer for the KWC:

I think the last 6 years we've really been looking to the past to add new highly requested, rare or scrapped monsters. BUT, the new stuff is really starting to change that direction in my eyes. With new films and shows giving us access to awesome monsters, my general philosophy going forward is to look more and more to the future. We plan a year out so you won't see anything too drastic at the moment, but change is on the horizon. So Nazuki (the war bats), I think I would add over something super obscure from the past nowadays like Black Moth. As to be honest, THAT is what the new kaiju loving members of the community want to read about just as we did with the relatively fresh Heisei and Millennium monsters when we all found the KWC at its inception.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon