The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:46 am The issue should no longer be quantity of animal-type, but distinction. Focus on that and we'll see if it's worthwhile.

^^^^^^^

Doesn't matter X number of kaiju type a, should matter what we do. I personally I have no interest in using Behemoth outside of matches requiring an extra kaiju, for example, solely because even if he is one of the few mammals, he has NOTHING unique about him (again, IMO). Kong is an intelligent emotional animal, King Caesar is a walking statue deity, and then there's a sloth-elephant who might sorta maybe not have a connection with the Amazon? Yeah, no thanks.

Like, from what I can tell, Camatotz has nothing to them but that shadow fog power and that's unique but like, is it really worth adding him because that makes him different then Bagorah (a character with a unique ability and a specific origin that allows him to face other kaiju easily)?

RIP Evan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 am
KaijuX wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:46 am The issue should no longer be quantity of animal-type, but distinction. Focus on that and we'll see if it's worthwhile.

^^^^^^^

Doesn't matter X number of kaiju type a, should matter what we do. I personally I have no interest in using Behemoth outside of matches requiring an extra kaiju, for example, solely because even if he is one of the few mammals, he has NOTHING unique about him (again, IMO). Kong is an intelligent emotional animal, King Caesar is a walking statue deity, and then there's a sloth-elephant who might sorta maybe not have a connection with the Amazon? Yeah, no thanks.

Like, from what I can tell, Camatotz has nothing to them but that shadow fog power and that's unique but like, is it really worth adding him because that makes him different then Bagorah (a character with a unique ability and a specific origin that allows him to face other kaiju easily)?
IDK, his whole rainforest restoration power is a power I don't think any other Kaiju has and given we have things like Desghidorah & Hedorah who destroy nature and contaminate things having a Kaiju who does the opposite feels like a fresh addition to things. Even ignoring him being one of the non-ape mammal Kaiju on the roster.

SoggyNoodles2016

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:11 am

^^^^^^^

IDK, his whole rainforest restoration power is a power I don't think any other Kaiju has and given we have things like Desghidorah & Hedorah who destroy nature and contaminate things having a Kaiju who does the opposite feels like a fresh addition to things. Even ignoring him being one of the non-ape mammal Kaiju on the roster.
Biollante and Leo have this exact power.

Not only that but we have no context on how it works. We only get information it's happening, it might be a slow ass recovery over time instead of instantly reviving a forest just by walking.

RIP Evan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 am
godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:11 am

^^^^^^^

Biollante and Leo have this exact power.

Not only that but we have no context on how it works. We only get information it's happening, it might be a slow ass recovery over time instead of instantly reviving a forest just by walking.
Biollante technically is more an immortal plant monster than one who restores a natural ecosystem to it. Leo I forgot about but hey Leo is a Mary Sue who can do anything it seems.

I am pretty sure it is implied by simply walking past an area it restored to life so I'd say it is pretty fast. Besides, Behemoth also has an advantage of being a tooth and claw (Or tusk) type fighter which I think is always welcomed on the roster.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am
Biollante technically is more an immortal plant monster than one who restores a natural ecosystem to it. Leo I forgot about but hey Leo is a Mary Sue who can do anything it seems.

I am pretty sure it is implied by simply walking past an area it restored to life so I'd say it is pretty fast. Besides, Behemoth also has an advantage of being a tooth and claw (Or tusk) type fighter which I think is always welcomed on the roster.
Well if we want to be more technical about this, they do showcase that anywhere Titans have walked through or destroyed, life follows suit. The path of destruction the Female MUTO made caused a bunch of plant life and trees to quickly grow in its place. I guess it’s just faster for Behemoth?
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I do wonder with Showa Godzilla being added to the roster, how long it will be before Minilla is considered a roster slot given his daddy and bully will be among the ranks.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:01 pm I do wonder with Showa Godzilla being added to the roster, how long it will be before Minilla is considered a roster slot given his daddy and bully will be among the ranks.
Well, that just simply depends on when we get Showa Godzilla matches... I'm sure it'll be in due time.

In the meantime, don't forget what tomorrow is!
Last edited by KaijuX on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Well, that just simply depends on when we get Showa Godzilla matches... I'm sure it'll be in due time.
Wait, there isn't any? Because i made one and handed it in to the verifier Gmail last month. Hope it didn't get lost in the shuffle or anything..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:24 pm
KaijuX wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Wait, there isn't any? Because i made one and handed it in to the verifier Gmail last month. Hope it didn't get lost in the shuffle or anything..
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that we don't have any. Getting monsters out is generally dependent on whether or not we have matches with them or not; or, more importantly, if they are to standard and are with Greyshot for scheduling.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

Oh crap, do I have to bring back #MinillaforKWC? I have to inform MoarCrossovers!

Also, I don't know what you're talking about X but I'm excited!

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:44 pm Oh crap, do I have to bring back #MinillaforKWC? I have to inform MoarCrossovers!

Be very excited.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Is it just me looking at it wrong, or does the banner for Match 329 look like Godzilla’s whacking Kong over the head with that spaceship?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:44 pm Oh crap, do I have to bring back #MinillaforKWC? I have to inform MoarCrossovers!

Be very excited.

Is this.... implying what I think it's implying?

Is it finally Minilla time?!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Moth wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 am

Is this.... implying what I think it's implying?

I think he was talking about Showa Godzilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 am Is this.... implying what I think it's implying?

Gigantis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:50 am I think he was talking about Showa Godzilla.
Not quite! I'd highly recommend checking out the front page--new KWC is out! ;)

Pair of kings.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I KNEW ASKING FOR HIM ALL THOSE TIMES WOULD MEAN SOMETHING!

THE KING OF THE SKIES IS HERE!!!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Oh shit! Legendary Kong! And Rathalos! A double debut special.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Nice! A great first intro to both new combatants!
Spoiler:
Legendary Kong once again shows that he is king.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

An excellent debut for both Rathalos and MV Kong. Great battle, awesome usage of the axe, and enjoyed the glimpses into Kong’s character.
Spoiler:
Loved Ramarak emitting a fake Rathalos cry and using Kong’s axe against him. That was good shit.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Heck yeah, Greater Rathalos.
Spoiler:
Sucks that he lost his intro match, but it's a great match anyway. I especially like Ramarak's mimicry and the tail action.