AND NOW, THE MONSTERS!There are so many monsters in the K.W.C. roster! Are there any that aren't allowed?
Yes. Only monsters that had Toho involved with their film or television series are allowed, either by direct creation (Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Gaira, Zone Fighter) or by distributing the film in theaters or on video (Gamera, Legion, Ultraman, Gomora, Goliath). Any monsters whose films/television series' were not created/distributed by Toho are not applicable to the K.W.C. Among the off limits creatures are:
- Agamo, Cerebulon, Congar, Kineticlops, Magmo, Preytor, Raptros, Robo-47, Togera, Ultra V, and Zorgulon (War of the Monsters
- The Amazing Colossal Man
- Any Ultraman characters not listed here
- Audrey II
- Big Man Japan
- Buraki and Imoogi
- Charles Barkley
- The Deadly Mantis
- Death Kappa and Hangyolas
- Dinocroc and Supergator
- Eva Unit-01 (or 02 or 03 or...)
- The Fifty Foot Woman
- Gamera (Showa)
- The Giant Behemoth
- The Giant Claw
- The Giant Gila Monster
- Giant God Warrior (Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo
- Gipsy Danger, Striker Eureka, Cherno Alpha, and Crimson Typhoon
- Goldar / Ambassador Magma
- Gundam Mobile Suits
- Gwoemul (The Host
- Gyaos (Showa)
- Insectosaurus and Ginormica (Monsters vs. Aliens
- Johnny Sokko's Flying Robot / Giant Robo
- King Kong (1933, 1976 and 2005 incarnations)
- Knifehead, Otachi, Leatherback, Scunner, Raiju, and Slattern
- The Kraken (Clash of the Titans
- The Kraken (Pirates of the Caribbean
- Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger
- Mega Shark, Giant Octopus, Crocosaurus, and Mecha Shark
- Megazord, Dragonzord, etc. / Daizyujin, Dragon Caesar, etc.
- Mighty Joe Young
- Mighty Peking Man
- Negadon and Miroku
- Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, or any of the other Autobots, Decepticons, Dinobots, Constructicons, Predacons, etc.
- Ralph, George, and Lizzy (Rampage
- Red, Solomon, or Acacius (Godzilla NES Creepypasta)
- Red Baron
- The Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
- The Staypuft Marshmallow Man
- Take-Majin (Monster X Strikes Back
- Toto (Gamera the Brave
- Tromie (Class of Nuke 'Em High Part 2: Subhumanoid Meltdown
- Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus (Jurassic Park
- Vastatosaurus Rex (King Kong
- The Wolfman (Legend of the Superbeast: Wolfman vs. Godzilla
- The Ymir
- Yongary / Yonggary and Cyker
Even if a monster is directly related to Toho and Godzilla, they must have either a suit or realistic 3D model to use for the banners. Otherwise, they'd look out of place when fighting the "rubber suit" monsters. They must also have a list of known powers (so we know what we're writing about). These rules mean that none of the monsters from the following sources can be allowed:
- Hanna-Barbera's The Godzilla Show
(The Power Dragon, Axor, the Earth Eater)
- Godzilla: The Series
(King Cobra, El Gusano, the Crackler)
- Marvel's Godzilla comic (Yetrigar, the Beta-Beast, Rhiahn)
- Dark Horse's Godzilla comic (Bagorah, Gekido-jin, Cybersaur)
- Unfilmed Godzilla movies (Gigamoth, Deautalios, Redmoon)Wow, that's a lot. Am I allowed to add any new monsters to the roster, then?
As long as they meet all the requirements mentioned in the previous question, then yes, you can. Just be ready to explain their eligibility if their connection to Toho seems a bit shaky to others. We've had some trouble with this before (Agon, specifically).Wait a second, what are C-Rex and Cyber Godzilla doing---
As previously said, the main reason we don't allow cartoon monsters in the K.W.C. is that they're cartoons and wouldn't look right alongside the 'real life' monsters. However, as you can see, we've found images of those two monsters that are not cartoons. They, however, are the only two with such images, and thus will be the only two Godzilla: The Series
monsters allowed in the K.W.C.Wait another second, there's a monster in Match 56 that Toho had no hand in whatsoever!
All right, all right, we'll address the elephant in the room. If you've read Match 56: Bagan vs. Everyone: Fallout
, you've noticed that a certain underground monster transformed into a certain powered-up form which Toho had no hand in, in any way, shape or form. Those responsible have been sacked. It was a special, one-time-only thing. Don't expect to see it happen again. So, please, put your illegal monsters away.Wait a third second! In Match 133, Mechani-Kong is portrayed as a sentient being in command of his own army of aliens and kaiju and---
Look, Tom just pretty much says "Screw it" and does his own thing when he writes his matches. But he can do that. He's one of the bosses.Fine. So are transformations and alternate forms allowed?
To a certain point, yes. Those that have been given the green light:
- Gigan's upgraded chainsaw form.
- Hedorah and Destoroyah's various forms.
- Mechagodzilla becoming Super Mechagodzilla.
- Battra going back and forth between larval and adult stages.
- MOGUERA splitting up into Land Moguera and Star Falcon.
- Mothra Leo is able to turn into Rainbow / Aqua / Armor Mothra.
- Burning Godzilla is allowed, though it is preferred that he not be treated as a mere "power up" transformation.
And those that have not:
- The Mothra Larva.
- Biollante's rose form.
- Monster X turning into Keizer Ghidorah. Keizer Ghidorah is a completely different creature altogether and, as mentioned in the next question, we have enough Ghidorahs in the roster already.Is there a limit to how many different incarnations of the same monster can be in the K.W.C.? I'd love to see Heisei Godzilla vs. Godzilla 2000!
Sorry to say, but yes, there is a limit. At the time of this writing, there are three Ghidorahs (Mecha-King Ghidorah, Desghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah) as well as Orochi (who's close enough). If the incarnation is different enough from the others already included (like the difference between Grand Ghidorah and Desghidorah), it will be taken into consideration. If the difference isn't all that big, however (like how Grand Ghidorah is basically just Showa Ghidorah on steroids), then most likely not. We don't need 10 different versions of the same beast running around.
As of right now, we have three Ghidorahs, two Mechagodzillas, two Mothras and one Godzilla. We don't plan on changing that any time soon.Can I use Heisei King Ghidorah in a match?
See the big red letters that say "Retired?"
Currently, there are no plans to bring him back to active duty. As we said in the previous question, we don't want to saturate the K.W.C. with too many similar kaiju. We have three other perfectly fine and usable Ghidorahs, as well as Orochi. So please use one of them in your match.Why are you using Final Wars Ebirah? Showa Ebirah is teh awesomes!
Please don't complain about why we are or why we're not using certain incarnations of certain monsters. We wanted to use the Final Wars
Ebirah and so we are. Not really anything much else to say about it.Hey, there's a monster in a match that's not even on the K.W.C. roster! The heck?
Occasionally, you'll see a kaiju pop up who isn't technically part of the match it's appearing in. As long as the monster doesn't actually take part in the match and affect its outcome, then this is allowed. For example, in Match 65: Gabara vs. Goliath
, you'll see that Minya makes an appearance, but note how he only appears at the very beginning and ending, and doesn't actually help fight either of the combatants mentioned in the title.Can Legion use her soldiers? Can Megaguirus use the Meganulons / Meganula?
Legion can indeed summon her Symbiotic Legion soldiers to assist her in battle. And while the Meganula are also allowed, try to keep in mind that they're usually dead by the time Megaguirus is up and about.Can Gyaos and Kamacuras be used in groups, as they were in Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Son of Godzilla?
Yes.The K.W.C. stats don't list all of the monsters' abilities! You're missing Gamera's Mana Beam, Grand King Ghidorah's wing lightning, Iris' sonic beams, Zone Fighter's Meteor Missile Might, SpaceGodzilla's Gravity Tornado, Mechagodzilla's Plasma Grenade, Megalon's burrowing ability, 95% of Mothra Leo's powers...
The K.W.C. stats aren't supposed to list every single one of the monsters' powers. If you want to see a full list of their abilities, then click the "[full list]
" where applicable.Can Destoroyah use his chest ray from that one deleted scene?
Of course not, silly. It was deleted!Can Godzilla use his---
If a monster used a power on-screen, they can use it in the K.W.C.Can I use the various powers from the Pipeworks video games (Titanosaurus and Varan's sonic beams, Gigan's teleportation, Megalon's magnetic vortexes, etc.)?
Nope. Movie-only, please.Hey, wait a minute. Gomora's Super Oscillatory Wave isn't from---
Admittedly, we've had to bend a few of our own rules to make some monsters more capable fighters in the K.W.C. This is why Gomora has his Super Oscillatory Wave when only the Ultra Galaxy
version of the character (which Toho had no involvement in) possessed the ability. To a lesser degree, this is also why Battra can transform back and forth between adult and larval forms.What's the rule on writing alternate interpretations of the monsters?
As long as it's not too drastic a deviation from the monster's nature, it's okay. As such, you can do things like Final Wars
Gigan being controlled by Star Hunter Nebula M instead of the Xiliens, treat Heisei Godzilla as a defender of the Earth and have Zilla be accompanied by H.E.A.T. However, writing Showa Baragon as a Yamato Guardian or Kiryu as the weapon of the Spacemen from the Third Planet is a bit too far from the origins and intent of the character.Can I make up my own version of a monster for a match? Like, can I have Ghidorah grow an extra five heads, or make Anguirus be able to fly, or have Mothra transform into Megalon?
Uhh... no? In no way is that allowed. If you want to do that, that's fine, but it needs to be in an unrelated fanfic, not a K.W.C. match.But Tom...!
Is the exception, not the rule.