Favorite vs. Everyone Match (remix!)

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.

Best of all the vs. Everyone matches.

Match 51
21%
Match 56
14%
Match 100
7%
Match 185
14%
Match 300
43%

Total votes: 14

Gigantis
Sazer

Favorite vs. Everyone Match (remix!)

Post by Gigantis »

We had a poll like this way back in 2010, but since then, times have changed, two more have been added to the ranks, and i thought it was time for a redo.

Personally... though choice between 185 and 300. One has amazing human action, creepy kaiju and a great story, the other has great kaiju action, nice humans, and a great story... pretty much one has one thing better than the other.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Favorite vs. Everyone Match (remix!)

Post by GmkGoji »

Gonna go with Match 300 here. As much asthe other ones were epic, match 300 is my favorite.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

The Bagan trilogy will always hold a special place in my heart, even for its imperfections. 100's always been great, though 185, while labeled a "vs. Everyone" match is really just "vs. Orga taken to the extreme", so my vote's going to 300. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

For me, this is rather easy and it would be 185.

My biggest problem with all vs. Everyone matches is that the match itself can get bloated and lose focus toward the latter half. The first one of its type, 51, avoided it with the simple, kill Bagan plot. 56, especially the second half of the story, falls right into this trap though. 100 has a spectacular ending, probably one of the best in the K.W.C. if not THE best, but the road to get there is kind of directionless.

Now 300 has a great premise and solid start, its detail and descriptions are spectacular, but I think it needed Gamera to be MORE op. In the original draft, he was firing fireballs with minimal effect, kind of rendering the act pointless. If you're attack basically does nothing, why include it? So especially in the sections I worked on, I tried making EVERY fireball matter and its effects basically a K.O. to keep the pace up. But with more monsters, and a plot buried because of it, it kind of loses me at the half way point until the end, like 100 or 56.

185 doesn't really have this issue because the plot is always center stage. There are multiple set pieces to make the plot feel fresh, their is intrigue and mystery, and the action is sprinkled throughout without overstaying its welcome. I'll admit, it has the weakest ending with Moguera's sacrifice, but I'm happy it ended where it did then overstay itself like Orga in Hell's final boss.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Definitely match 56. Thomas’ writing is amazing, and an inspiration for me.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image