Most overhyped and underplayed monsters?

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Most overhyped and underplayed monsters?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Kaijunator wrote:Got two matches with Desghiddy planned and have sent in matches that involve Megaguirus (I sent you a match with her in it, you might not remember it), Rodan, and Mothra.
Same here. Have two Desghidorah matches I've already sent in, a Megaguirus fight I plan on writing in the future and currently writing a Mothra fight.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

I've gotten the matches, and I didn't forget them, but my point still kinda stands in general. These were just the ones that I had noticed that had gotten the short end of the stick/Overhyped as hell in general. But hey, that's the best part of opinions I suppose.

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Most overhyped definitely has to be Gomora. I don't usually have an issue with monsters having high win ratios, but Gomora never really seemed to earn the undefeated streak he had until last year. Maybe if they were all his abilities from the Toho produced show I wouldn't have a problem, but the fact that he really only wins using the old "stab opponent with horn then pump them with beam from other show" really just doesn't make it seem like he deserves the perfect record for so long.

Underplayed, gotta go with Mechani Kong. Not only was he only in one fight, it was an alternate version of him as a Kong clone in a robot suit(I though Jet Jaguar had that covered). He hasn't been given the chance to really show what a robo ape with access to grenades can do.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

OVERHYPED
King Kong I'll agree with KaijuX on this one. After listening to the Committee reads of the older matches, allot of them that Kong shows up in treat him god tier whenever hes powered up by electricity. Granted, the power of eleciricty is powerful and can easily fry any creature's brain. But he isn't like a good electromancer like Eleking, he's more of a more powerful version of Gabara. I was glad that Match 192 showed that King Kong can still be killed, even when powered up.

Godzilla (Heisei) I know, Godzilla is the King of the monsters, and he is suppose to be powerful. But it would be nice to see him loose a few matches where ends with him retreating or loosing to a more powerful monster.

Zilla So far, Zilla is probably in 3rd place of having the most wins with a total of 10 victories. And I believe he won allot because he's written as his "Godzilla The Series" counterpart where he's more heroic, and allot of heroic monsters tend to get more victories then the villain monsters. And I hate how the Animated Battle video and Match 185 teases us for not counting as a loss for Zilla. I don't hate Zilla or anything, but I really don't see him being like a high tier Kaiju that earned that many victories.

UNDERPLAYED
Both Spacegodzilla, Biollante & Daigoro: its been 94 matches since we last seen these three in match 100, and theres still not a single match uploaded. Why? I can understand Daigoro not getting allot of matches due to being low tier and not having allot of pictures for the banners. But really? How come Spacegodzilla and Biollante haven't got their matches yet?

Gyaos: for a monster thats praised as the only reacurring Gamera monster, Gyaos doesn't show up too often and is kinda treated as the "easy to kill Kaiju". Maybe some day in the future, I might write a Match where Gyaos wins without a flock or swarm.

All of the Ghidorahs

King Ghidorah (Heisei): has only six matches due to his retirement.

Mecha King Ghidorah: mostly because the Futurians are involved in the Mecha King Ghidorah matches, though he could be used by the Cryogs or the GDF.

Desghidorah: only has one victory match and lost allot of matches despite being a bit powerful.

Monster X: Do I really need to say more?

Grand King Ghidorah: though he hasn't lost allot of matches, he isn't used allot because of how overpowered he is. If only we're allowed to use Cretacous King Ghidorah to make him a fair fighter.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Overhyped?
Godzilla Heisei & Junior

Still waiting for a match where someone brutalizes Junior into a blood pulp of flesh

Underhyped?
The Titans

They come from an insanely popular anime series, yet no one wants to write for them, doesn't make a lot of sense, especially with their fighting potential.... Armored and Rogue are a couple of the heaviest hitters in the roster, forever waiting to hear people have them brutalizing the roster
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Underhyped?
The Titans
?

They're not on the roster yet.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Overhyped?
Underhyped?
The Titans

They come from an insanely popular anime series, yet no one wants to write for them, doesn't make a lot of sense, especially with their fighting potential.... Armored and Rogue are a couple of the heaviest hitters in the roster, forever waiting to hear people have them brutalizing the roster
No one wants to write with them because they're not the anime versions. They're the shitty live-action versions. When the Titans are added to the KWCE and we can use the anime versions, I will gladly write Titan matches. But not before.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Birdman wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Overhyped?
Underhyped?
The Titans

No one wants to write with them because they're not the anime versions. They're the shitty live-action versions. When the Titans are added to the KWCE and we can use the anime versions, I will gladly write Titan matches. But not before.
That's bullshit.
The live action titans are exactly the same compared to their anime counterparts...

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Underhyped?
The Titans
?

They're not on the roster yet.
Yeah, so?
People have to write matches with them before they can make their debut
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

TBH I'm actually considering on doing a Titan match if it makes you happy Lain. ;)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:TBH I'm actually considering on doing a Titan match if it makes you happy Lain. ;)
Not really, considering considering something and actually doing it are two separate things. ;)

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I don't know you're so hung up about the Titans. If no one wants them added, no one wants them added. Seriously, this obsession you have with getting them added is not healthy.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:TBH I'm actually considering on doing a Titan match if it makes you happy Lain. ;)
Not really, considering considering something and actually doing it are two separate things. ;)
You should be complaining to KaijuX and Arbok. I have a G14 vs Armored & Colossal match that I sent in a few months ago.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Birdman wrote:I don't know you're so hung up about the Titans. If no one wants them added, no one wants them added. Seriously, this obsession you have with getting them added is not healthy.
Um? They're already added...
You obviously have no clue what you're even talking about :lol:
Try to follow along please...

You stated that no one wanted to use the titans because they were the inferior movie versions.
I simply pointed out that in abilities and fighting techniques, the movie version titans are the exact same as their anime counterparts, something anyone who ACTUALLY watched the show and movies would know and could tell you... then you act like I'm on some crusade to get some monsters added when all I did was state that (much like the ZF monsters) the Titans (who have already been confirmed to be in the KWC roster) need more matches... You're just not making much sense, Birdman... Sorry if you're Titan trigger'd, dude :(

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

OVERHYPED
Godzilla (Legendary): Oh boy, where to start? First off, he didn't have a single loss or draw in his records until last year, and it was honestly getting really annoying to see him constantly beat the crap outta everyone. Second, nearly every match portrays him as something like Bagan as if he was a good guy, an unstoppable force that just has to triumph over everybody else because he needs to "bring balance to the Earth" or whatever. THIRD, most of them he just ended up triumphing over only with ONE power under his belt! And i'm telling ya now that it's gonna get worse with KOTM's stupid Burning mode and how almost everyone loses their poop when he gets one loss. Good grief, he's the only kaiju in this roster that actually gets me infuriated.
Ultraman: Okay, i will admit it, he needs to lose less, he's just not getting mentioned as of here because he at least most of his wins are tolerable and honestly pretty likely (face it, most kaiju won't be able to beat a man with all those powers at his disposal)

A year ago, i would've included Zilla and Bagan here, but they've gotten more losses than wins at this point, so they're off the hook.

UNDERPLAYED
Cyber-Godzilla: No i do not care that he's just Zilla with a sound wave and some missiles, there is some serious potential to be had with this guy! Nevermind that his powers don't mean everything to him, and that it's easy to make a compelling plot out of his mind being pulled two different directions between wanting to live life in peace with his son or stay loyal to his masters. Or, the more obvious choice, form a bond with Kiryu since both are cyborgs who hate what they've become and form an ultimate tag team. Nope. No potential at all guys..
Maguma: Yes i know i'm biased, be quite. :P
Obsidius and Krystalak: Yeah i will admit they're not the coolest monsters and Obsidius really didn't deserve to win that poll, but come on, five losses each? And Obsidius only has one win? They deserve some love.
Jikiro: This guys seriously does not deserve to have only two matches.
The Titans: Just last year, i would've agreed with most that the movie adaptations would've turned me off from writing them, but writing Armored Titan and Rodan (Legendary) vs. Trilopods really changed my view. There's a shocking amount of fun to be had with Armored, Attack Titan has a pretty dang good personality and is just as fun as his brother, and Colossal can be a really intimidating antagonist! For anyone who doesn't wanna write with them, i really suggest changing your mind. ;)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Overhyped
Heisei Godzilla - Oh he's certainly a powerhouse and justifiably won multiple fights, but I feel many picked fights for him knowing he'd win. He has canonically lost to kaiju besides uber tiers like Spacegodzilla with fortress and Destroyah.

Hedorah - Vagueness of its powers and limits I think are to blame, but people have taken the "it can heal to some extent and has an acid body" as "It is completely unbeatable in melee!". Numerous foes with electric or firey abilities should have a substantially easier time against it then some people write it as.

Underplayed

Monster X - Big time. I don't give a damn about how one plays power scaling for Final Wars, it's pretty damn obvious he's supposed to be a power house. It's finally being fixed as of late, but he's had way too many meme matches.