The Official K.W.C. F.A.Q.

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

The Official K.W.C. F.A.Q.

Post by Greyshot151 »

1. HOW TO MAKE A K.W.C. MATCH

So! How do I get into the K.W.C.?

First, write a match, then send it to us. If it meets our approval, then you're in! However (and this should go without saying): Do not steal someone else's work. If you do, then you will be banned from the K.W.C. and any stories that you may have in the K.W.C. will be taken down and all further stories you send in will be ignored and deleted.

Where do I send it once it is finished?

Our Verifiers have an email address you can send, which contains the link down below. If they think it is good enough, they will send it to either KaijuX or Greyshot151. Remember to submit your submission to 1 Verifier. Double submissions will only slow down the process.

You can submit it via email - kwcverifier@gmail.com

I didn't get a response. Does that mean my match didn't make it in?

Not necessarily. Please keep in mind that Greyshot151 aka Tyler Trieschock has a lot of K.W.C. matches to read, not to mention that he has other, non-K.W.C. things to do, so you may not get a response even if they've accepted your match.

It's been a week and my match still isn't up yet! What's taking so long?

Keep in mind that even if your match makes it in, matches aren't always posted in the order they are received. You could be waiting for weeks or possibly even months before it's posted. Arbok, the site owner, does have (as we all do) a little something off the Internet called a real life. Be patient, and your match will be up in time.

How is the banner for my match handled? Do I request what I want on it, or...?

When you send in your match, be sure to include the location it takes place in (Tokyo, Monster Island, New York, Planet X, etc.) as well as whether it happens at day or night. Once your match has been given final approval by Greyshot151, he will create your banner to finalize your match or send it to an awesome creator like Jackson Morris or KaijuX.

Anything else I should know?

All we really ask of your matches is that they're coherent, have proper spelling and grammar and, most of all, that they're fun. Other than that, have at it, and have fun!

2. THE RULES OF THE K.W.C.

Can two people co-write a match together?

Yes.

Can I call dibs on a match?

Yes.

Can I call dibs on several matches?

No. We've had some issues about this in the past. It's unfair to others who may also want to do a particular fight if you've called dibs on ten or so matches. Just call dibs on one match at a time. Also, calling dibs on a new match immediately after finishing one isn't really any different from calling dibs on multiple matches, so please, after completing one match, wait a while before calling dibs on another.

Can I write Maguma and Gezora vs. Destoroyah?

No nonsense matches, if you please. One-sided matches are not against the rules, per se -We do have a few, like Gyaos (Heisei) vs. Biollante and Monster X vs. Gorosaurus. But please try to refrain from insanely mismatched fights like the one mentioned above. Thank you.

Are rematches (for example, another King Kong vs. SpaceGodzilla) allowed?

Yes.

Are subtitles (Biollante vs. Gabara: The Really Epic Battle of Total Awesomeness!) allowed?

For the most part, no, they are not. The only exception is if the fight is a rematch, in which case it will be titled Monster A vs. Monster B: Round 2 (or Round 3, Round 4, etc).

But what about Bagan vs. Every---

Bagan vs. Everyone: Fallout was written before this rule was finalized. We will be sticking to this rule from now on.

It said on WikiZilla that Zilla can shoot acid from his stomach. Can I use that in a match?

For future reference, please avoid places like Wikipedia or WikiZilla for info, at least when it comes to the K.W.C. If you must have a list of powers handy so you know what a monster can and cannot do, then please use the stats on Toho Kingdom. They come straight from Toho, the people behind the movies, thus making the stats here THE official stats.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/monster_bios.htm

3. AND NOW, THE MONSTERS!

There are so many monsters in the K.W.C. roster! Are there any that aren't allowed?

Yes. Only monsters that had Toho involved with their film or television series are allowed, either by direct creation (Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Gaira, Zone Fighter) or by distributing the film in theaters or on video (Gamera, Legion, Ultraman, Gomora, Goliath). Any monsters whose films/television series' were not created/distributed by Toho are not applicable to the K.W.C. Among the off limits creatures are:

-Agamo, Cerebulon, Congar, Kineticlops, Magmo, Preytor, Raptros, Robo-47, Togera, Ultra V, and Zorgulon (War of the Monsters)
-Agon
-The Amazing Colossal Man
-Angels and Evangelions (Neon Genesis Evangelion series)
-Any Ultraman related kaiju/seijin not listed here
-Audrey II
-Barugon, Gamera (Showa & Millennium), Guiron, Gyaos (Showa & Millennium), Jiger, Toto, Viras, Zedus and Zigra (Showa Gamera series and Gamera the Brave)
-Big Man Japan
-Buraki and Imoogi
-Charles Barkley
-Clover
-Daimajin
-The Deadly Mantis
-Death Kappa and Hangyolas
-Dinocroc and Supergator
-The Fifty Foot Woman
-Gappa
-Garasharp
-Gehara
-Gfantis
-The Giant Behemoth
-The Giant Claw
-The Giant Gila Monster
-Giant God Warrior (Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo)
-Gigantor
-Gipsy Danger, Striker Eureka, Cherno Alpha, and Crimson Typhoon
-Guilala
-Goldar / Ambassador Magma
-Gorgo
-Gundam Mobile Suits
-Gwoemul (The Host)
-Insectosaurus and Ginormica (Monsters vs. Aliens)
-Johnny Sokko's Flying Robot/Giant Robo
-Kiko
-King Kong (1933, 1976 and 2005 incarnations)
-Knifehead, Otachi, Leatherback, Scunner, Raiju, and Slattern
-Konga
-Kraa
-The Kraken (Clash of the Titans)
-The Kraken (Pirates of the Caribbean)
-Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger
-Mega Shark, Giant Octopus, Crocosaurus, Mecha Shark, and Kolossus
-Megazord, Dragonzord, etc./Daizyujin, Dragon Caesar, etc.
-Mighty Joe Young
-Mighty Peking Man
-Negadon and Miroku
-Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, or any of the other Autobots, Decepticons, Dinobots, Constructicons, Predacons, etc.
-Poseidon Rex
-Pulgasari
-Raiga
-Ralph, George, and Lizzy (Rampage)
-Red, Solomon, or Acacius (Godzilla NES Creepypasta)
-Red Baron
-Reigo
-Reptilicus
-The Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms)
-Sharktopus
-Spectreman
-The Staypuft Marshmallow Man
-Take-Majin (Monster X Strikes Back)
-Tromie (Class of Nuke 'Em High Part 2: Subhumanoid Meltdown)
-Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Indominus Rex (Jurassic Park series)
-Vastatosaurus Rex (King Kong (2005))
-Voltron
-The Wolfman (Legend of the Superbeast: Wolfman vs. Godzilla)
-The Ymir
-Yongary / Yonggary and Cyker
-Zarkorr

Even if a monster is directly related to Toho and Godzilla, they must have either a suit or realistic 3D model to use for the banners. Otherwise, they'd look out of place when fighting the "rubber suit" monsters. They must also have a list of known powers (so we know what we're writing about). These rules mean that none of the monsters from the following sources can be allowed:

-Hanna-Barbera's The Godzilla Show (The Power Dragon, Axor, the Earth Eater)
-Godzilla: The Series (King Cobra, El Gusano, the Crackler)
-Marvel's Godzilla comic (Yetrigar, the Beta-Beast, Rhiahn)
-Dark Horse's Godzilla comic (Bagorah, Gekido-jin, Cybersaur)
-IDW’s Godzilla comic (Magita, Godzilla In Hell demons)
-Unfilmed Godzilla movies (Gigamoth, Deutalios, Redmoon)

Wow, that's a lot. Am I allowed to add any new monsters to the roster, then?

As long as they meet all the requirements mentioned in the previous question, then yes, you can. Just be ready to explain their eligibility if their connection to Toho seems a bit shaky to others. We've had some trouble with this before (Agon, specifically).

Wait a second, what are C-Rex and Cyber Godzilla doing---

As previously said, the main reason we don't allow cartoon monsters in the K.W.C. is that they're cartoons and wouldn't look right alongside the 'real life' monsters. However, as you can see, we've found images of those two monsters that are not cartoons. They, however, are the only two with such images, and thus will be the only two Godzilla: The Series monsters allowed in the K.W.C.

Wait another second, there's a monster in Match 56 that Toho had no hand in whatsoever!

All right, all right, we'll address the elephant in the room. If you've read Match 56: Bagan vs. Everyone: Fallout, you've noticed that a certain underground monster transformed into a certain powered-up form which Toho had no hand in, in any way, shape or form. Those responsible have been sacked. It was a special, one-time-only thing. Don't expect to see it happen again. So, please, put your illegal monsters away.

Wait a third second! In Match 133, Mechani-Kong is portrayed as a sentient being in command of his own army of aliens and kaiju and---

Look, Tom just pretty much says "Screw it" and does his own thing when he writes his matches. But he can do that. He is the exception that proves the rule.

Fine. So are transformations and alternate forms allowed?

To a certain point, yes. Those that have been given the green-light:

-Gigan's upgraded chainsaw form.
-Hedorah and Destoroyah's various forms.
-Mechagodzilla becoming Super Mechagodzilla.
-Battra going back and forth between larval and adult stages.
-MOGUERA splitting up into Land Moguera and Star Falcon.
-Mothra Leo is able to turn into Rainbow / Aqua / Armor Mothra.
-Burning Godzilla is allowed, though it is preferred that he not be treated as a mere "power up" transformation.
-Monster X turning into Keizer Ghidorah.

And those that have not:

-Mothra Larva.
-Biollante's rose form.

Is there a limit to how many different incarnations of the same monster can be in the K.W.C.? I'd love to see Heisei Godzilla vs. Godzilla 2000!

Sorry to say, but yes, there is a limit. At the time of this writing, there are three Ghidorahs (Mecha-King Ghidorah, Desghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah) as well as Orochi (who's close enough). If the incarnation is different enough from the others already included (like the difference between Grand Ghidorah and Desghidorah), it will be taken into consideration. If the difference isn't all that big, however (like how Grand Ghidorah is basically just Showa Ghidorah on steroids), then most likely not. We don't need 10 different versions of the same beast running around.

As of right now, we have four Ghidorahs, three Mechagodzillas, two Mothras and two Godzillas. While this may change in the future, do not write matches expecting a change to occur in time.

Can I use Heisei King Ghidorah in a match?

See the big red letters that say "Retired?" ;) Currently, there are no plans to bring him back to active duty. As we said in the previous question, we don't want to saturate the K.W.C. with too many similar kaiju. We have three other perfectly fine and usable Ghidorahs, as well as Orochi. So please use one of them in your match.
Yes :D

Why are you using Final Wars Ebirah? Showa Ebirah is teh awesomes!

Please don't complain about why we are or why we're not using certain incarnations of certain monsters. We wanted to use the Final Wars Ebirah and so we are. Not really anything much else to say about it.

Hey, there's a monster in a match that's not even on the K.W.C. roster! The heck?

Occasionally, you'll see a kaiju pop up who isn't technically part of the match it's appearing in. As long as the monster doesn't actually take part in the match and affect its outcome, then this is allowed. For example, in Match 65: Gabara vs. Goliath, you'll see that Minya makes an appearance, but note how he only appears at the very beginning and ending, and doesn't actually help fight either of the combatants mentioned in the title.

Can Legion use her soldiers? Can Megaguirus use the Meganulons/Meganula?

Legion can indeed summon her Symbiotic Legion soldiers to assist her in battle. And while the Meganula are also allowed, try to keep in mind that they're usually dead by the time Megaguirus is up and about.

Can Gyaos and Kamacuras be used in groups, as they were in Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Son of Godzilla?

Yes.

The K.W.C. stats don't list all of the monsters' abilities! You're missing Gamera's Mana Beam, Grand King Ghidorah's wing lightning, Iris' sonic beams, Zone Fighter's Meteor Missile Might, SpaceGodzilla's Gravity Tornado, Mechagodzilla's Plasma Grenade, Megalon's burrowing ability, 95% of Mothra Leo's powers...

The K.W.C. stats aren't supposed to list every single one of the monsters' powers. If you want to see a full list of their abilities, then click the "[full list]" where applicable.

Can Destoroyah use his chest ray from that one deleted scene?

Yes if used as shown!

Can Godzilla use his---

If a monster used a power on-screen, they can use it in the K.W.C.

Can I use the various powers from the Pipeworks video games (Titanosaurus and Varan's sonic beams, Gigan's teleportation, Megalon's magnetic vortexes, etc.)?

No for all powerups and moves except for Critical Mass. Since it IS based on a movie precedent, it is the only exception. Keep in mind however that to achieve it, SpaceGodzilla's crystals are acquired so a monster randomly changing in the middle of a match is a no-go.

Okay, but what about abilities from Toho approved titles like GODZILLA (PS3/PS4), Godzilla Movie Studio Tour or Godzilla Trading Battle? What about the abilities from the IDW comics, which are Toho approved? Or from Toho’s various other titles?

Abilities cited from the Kaiju Guide of GODZILLA (PS3/PS4) and the Museum from Godzilla Movie Studio Tour harks back to the answer of a previous question: unless there is an on-screen demonstration of the abilities in question (like Gabara’s oozing poison from his body/horn), then consider it a no. There can be some exceptions, but don’t hold your breath and expect them to come about that often unless the kaiju needs it and is in high demand.

Those with the green-light:

-Anguirus’s Thunderball/Anguirus Ball attack (GODZILLA (PS3/PS4); IDW’s Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters, GODZILLA/Godzilla: History’s Greatest Monster, Godzilla: Rulers of Earth and Godzilla: Legends).
-Zilla’s Atomic Ray (Godzilla: The Series).
-Mecha-King Ghidorah’s ice spray, tractor beam and limb reattaching (Godzilla Island).
-Jet Jaguar’s liquid nitrogen breath (Godzilla Trading Battle) & (Godzilla Island).

Those not green-lit:

-Heisei Godzilla’s Flying Atomic Ray (GODZILLA (PS3/PS4); IDW’s GODZILLA/Godzilla: History’s Greatest Monster) and the Happy Dance attack (GODZILLA (PS3/PS4)).
-King Caesar’s mouth laser (Godzilla Island).
-Jet Jaguar’s medical (giant needle), and firefighter (giant hose spray) equipment (Godzilla Island).
-Final Hedorah’s flight/levitation (GODZILLA (PS4)).

Hey, wait a minute. Gomora's Super Oscillatory Wave isn't from---

Admittedly, we've had to bend a few of our own rules to make some monsters more capable fighters in the K.W.C. This is why Gomora has his Super Oscillatory Wave when only the Ultra Galaxy version of the character (which Toho had no involvement in) possessed the ability. To a lesser degree, this is also why Battra can transform back and forth between adult and larval forms or why Mecha-King Ghidorah has new abilities not from the film.

What's the rule on writing alternate interpretations of the monsters?

As long as it's not too drastic a deviation from the monster's nature, it's okay. As such, you can do things like Final Wars Gigan being controlled by Star Hunter Nebula M instead of the Xiliens, treat Heisei Godzilla as a defender of the Earth and have Zilla be accompanied by H.E.A.T. However, writing Showa Baragon as a Yamato Guardian or Kiryu as the weapon of the Spacemen from the Third Planet is a bit too far from the origins and intent of the character.

Can I make up my own version of a monster for a match? Like, can I have Ghidorah grow an extra five heads, or make Anguirus be able to fly, or have Mothra transform into Megalon?

Uhh... no? In no way is that allowed. If you want to do that, that's fine, but it needs to be in an unrelated fanfic, not a K.W.C. match.

But Tom...!

Is the exception, not the rule.

5. GENERAL STUFF

What the heck does 'K.W.C.' even stand for, anyway?

"Kaiju War Chronicles."

I've got a cool idea for a match, but I don't think I can/I don't want to write it myself. Can I request that one of the K.W.C. writers write it?

Absolutely! In this thread, even! You can request which monsters are fighting and even where they fight, if you care to. However, that's all. You can't request who the winner is. That's up to the writer and they will write the outcome however they see fit.

Also, just because you can request a match, please don't go requesting match after match after match. After a while, it starts to get annoying. Requests are better saved for a period where nobody's writing anything and/or no new matches are being posted (and we mean for more than a week or two).

Is there a limit to how many monsters are allowed in a single match?

Not at all. For example, Match 100: Everyone vs. Everyone features a whopping 49 monsters.

Can you tell me if Monster A will make it into the roster?

What, and ruin the surprise? Not a chance, Sparky. Just be patient and enjoy the K.W.C. matches as they appear while you wait for new monsters.

Why does Monster B always lose every match they're in?

There are several reasons as to why a writer had any given monster lose. Maybe the writer couldn't come up with a credible way for them to win. Maybe the writer thought it best served the story of the match for them to lose. Maybe the writer just simply doesn't like that monster. Whatever the circumstances are, don't get so worked up over their defeat. Lots of kaiju people like lose matches in the K.W.C. Don't worry if they lost this round. They can always have a rematch, or fight another monster and beat them. Just remain patient, and the monster will win a match eventually.

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

...Good for you.

Hey! You're not wearing shorts!

Okay, seriously. Try to keep the discussion on-topic, please.

HOW COULD HEDORAH BEAT BURNING GODZ---

Well actually this is a simple answer. If you watch Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971), freeze frame at the 65:36 mark and look at the bottom left hand corner; you can clearly see Bagan's Illuminati eye. CASE CLOSED! Kamakidon IS WATCHING.

5. HISTORY/BACKGROUND OF THE K.W.C.

So how'd all this get started, anyway?

Click here for a brief history.

And who writes all these matches?

For the most part, the matches are written by Christian Salabert (TitanoGoji16) and Thomas Singleton (Tomzilla). The K.W.C.'s other talented writers are Tyler Trieschock (Greyshot151), Joshua Reynolds (Monster Master), Eugene Tan (Primevalgodzilla V2), Kenneth James (Godzillawolf), Kristian Zatkoff (Living Corpse), Hayes A. Jones (HayesAJones), Jacob Haas (Draglord), Stephanie Hughes (Goji_girl), Lucas Salabert (DeadpoolsbetterThanU), Isaac Altenbach (Beef Bigshot), Thomas Echkert (Saw-U-In-1/2), Michael Menei (GodzillaFan1992), Patrick Alan Green (Lain of the Wired) and Andrew Sudomerski (KaijuX). Others include Forrest Freund, James Webster and Nick Anstett (Gorosaurus Rex).

Anthony Romero (Arbok), the owner of Toho Kingdom, wrote one as well, but he'd prefer we didn't mention it.

...Oops.

Those banners that show the monsters fighting are awesome. Who makes them?

Christian Salabert was the sole banner artist up through Match 42: Orga vs. Gomora, but he had to stop due to technical difficulties. Starting with Match 43: King Kong vs. Gorosaurus, Titanosaurus and Baragon (Showa), Stephanie Hughes was hired. Before too long, there were more banner orders coming in than one person could deal with alone, and so with Match 69: Frankenstein vs. Zilla, Jackson Morris (Varan58) was brought in as the K.W.C.'s third banner artist. Starting with Match 105: Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Rodan (Heisei) vs. Mothra (Heisei), Christian was able to resume his banner duties until Match 142. Christian and Tom then stepped down and the K.W.C. was given to Tyler Trieschock, who now creates the banners alongside Andrew Sudomerski.

So, who's made what, exactly?

For any further details, check out this thread. It's got pretty much every little factoid you could want about the K.W.C. matches.

THE END

And thus concludes the Official K.W.C. Frequently Asked Questions Thread. We hope this answers any questions you may have had about the K.W.C. and helps you with any matches you plan on writing in the future!
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon