K.W.C. Proposal + Support (12/31/14) (APPROVED)

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

K.W.C. Proposal + Support (12/31/14) (APPROVED)

Post by Greyshot151 »

K.W.C. Proposal Overview
Hello fan of the K.W.C. or forum user who curiously decided to check out this topic. The purpose behind this topic is to test support for a proposal I have been working on with other forum members for a little over a month. It was sent to the main staff today and its basic contents is an evolution of the current K.W.C. administration; a change that should decrease the overall workload of the system and allow for far greater transparency with the community. If you wish to read the full document click on the marked link below. If you like what you read leave a comment showing your support. If you are curious or confused, please direct your attention to the K.W.C. FAQ I created just for this proposal. Thanks again for your time and if you post, thanks for your support.

K.W.C. Proposal Document - http://www.docdroid.net/kiyq/tohokingdo ... .docx.html

K.W.C. Structure Change Overview FAQ

So what are you doing?
- Myself, and over a dozen other members of the forum including mods are attempting to reform the KWC. These forum users includes Godzilla 1995, Beef Bigshot, KaijuX, Kubo and many more all hoping to bring change or are willing to volunteer for said change.

So why do you want to change the way the KWC is run?
- To essentially increase the processing of K.W.C. matches so they get to the main page far quicker and to transition to a more community friendly system.

So wait, what’s happening to the old K.W.C.?
- Nothing that you will notice. The forum, threads, rules and pages will all remain the same. The major differences will be the staff and tools used by said individuals if this is approved.

How long will this take?
- The goal is to choose forum members with a passion for each specific field. It may take a bit of time, my guess at maximum a month, but the benefits should clearly outweigh the organizational process.

What about all the K.W.C.s being worked on with TitanoGoji & Tom? Would I need to resubmit them?
- Possibly. If the transition moves smoothly then no. Roles will be chosen and nearly finished matches will be processed. Untouched matches, when the administration is deemed ready to begin processing; will be sent through the new system as if brand new.

So wait, I would have to wait longer!
- Most likely, yes. But waiting slightly longer for the matches you have submitted may allow the ones you will submit to go up faster. There is a lot of inventory and we need to process those first but be rest assured, they will be finished.

So who do I submit to now?
- GREAT QUESTION! When you have a match you would want to submit it to 1 and only 1 Verifier. This should lessen the amount of redundant submissions we receive and make your match go up quicker. These individuals will be chosen shortly.

So who are the Verifiers?
- Long standing individuals that have been involved with the forum for years. I have a few strong candidates as recommendations in the proposal for each system.

So is Godzilla vs Marshmallow Man now allowed or…
- You don’t read well do you? As I said, the K.W.C. is staying the same when it comes to restrictions, rules and guidelines. The K.W.C. FAQ is still our rulebook which if you need to read I recommend clicking this – viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3080

I don’t get the chart or the paper. What’s going on?
- Basically we are adding a bunch of people hopefully to the K.W.C. to make it run faster, better, stron… moving on…

So can I volunteer for this new Administration?
- If you want to yes depending on the reception, BUT it will be based on Forum experience, rank like Moderator and a few other criteria. The best thing you can do is if you’re a fan of the K.W.C., give the process a month to adjust. In the meantime write an awesome match and we will gladly accept it.

Anything else we should know?
- Yes. Please show your support for this document and leave a post below!

K.W.C. Proposal Support List!
Beef Bigshot
Biogoji
Alucard
Birdman
DeadpoolsbetterThanU
Draglord
Ernesth 100
gigandude
Godzilla 1995
GodzillaFreak99
Greyshot151
Jiragozira14
KaijuX
Kubo
MysticalDL
shippersdreamer
SnickersGoji
SpanishBulldog63
toho_guy01

Ultra Magnus
Wisper15
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 16 times in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: K.W.C. Proposal + Support (11/3/14)

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

at last, there's finally hope of restoring this lifeless desert of a section! ehem.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

A professionally written, wonderfully crafted proposal. A system like this will greatly benefit the output of KWCs. :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

*golf clap*
Bravo, my man!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Thanks guys, I will let you know what Arbok & Titano say to it when they respond to my emails!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Strong thumbs up from Akira Kubo's biggest fan!
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Totally have my support. :thumbsup:
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

SnickersGoji
Monsterland Worker

Post by SnickersGoji »

I'll try to support how I can. I loved reading K.W.C matches in the past and its a shame to se it in the current state that it's in. So I support this. If we want K.W.C. to continue, changes like this are most necessary.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not, and it might be a "duh" question, but I'll ask anyway (wish this came to me sooner, lol).

Say if a person in the new administration wants to submit a match for KWC; will a person in a Verification position have to look for another of the same position or could they just send it off to the next guy in line? Could the others in the higher-ups positions simply not have to go through the Verifiers?
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

KaijuX wrote:I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not, and it might be a "duh" question, but I'll ask anyway (wish this came to me sooner, lol).

Say if a person in the new administration wants to submit a match for KWC; will a person in a Verification position have to look for another of the same position or could they just send it off to the next guy in line? Could the others in the higher-ups positions simply not have to go through the Verifiers?
I did not mention this in the proposal and excellent question! :huge:

My assumption would be that it would have to go through the process to keep everything fair. If this wasn't installed, you could imagine a very large abuse of power could occur. Another reason why transparency NEEDS to be a new, key component in the new structure.

So with this idea in mind Editors, Banner Creators as well as the KWC Controller would submit their matches to a Verifier. Verifiers meanwhile would send their matches to another Verifier. This should keep everyone on a fair playing field. Even with all of this though, you can pretty much guarantee if someone in the structure creates a match, its pretty much golden. I mean an Editor that gets their match rejected based on poor writing or something would be quite an interesting event :lol:

Lastly, still no word from Arbok or Titano. Should be soon though at least with Arbok. Especially after a referral from Chris on the subject which I still can't thank him enough for ;)
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Greyshot151 wrote:My assumption would be that it would have to go through the process to keep everything fair. If this wasn't installed, you could imagine a very large abuse of power could occur. Another reason why transparency NEEDS to be a new, key component in the new structure.

So with this idea in mind Editors, Banner Creators as well as the KWC Controller would submit their matches to a Verifier. Verifiers meanwhile would send their matches to another Verifier. This should keep everyone on a fair playing field. Even with all of this though, you can pretty much guarantee if someone in the structure creates a match, its pretty much golden. I mean an Editor that gets their match rejected based on poor writing or something would be quite an interesting event :lol:
The power to reject a higher-up's match... Oh gosh. :lol: But this definitely clears that up. Really interested in seeing where it goes. ;)
Last edited by KaijuX on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pair of kings.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

When you see the mods agree to something, most of the time, it's a good thing.

I'm in.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

you have my full support with this. im willing to do anything to get this ol' rust bucket sqeeky clean again!
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Well just a slight update. Thanks to a recommendation, I have started a list of all the supportees in this topic with a special nod to the mods. That way new forum members joining can see members on previous pages without meticulous scrolling.

Also based on a recommendation, I honestly want to know WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK of the proposal or in general with the K.W.C. Support is fantastic and I can't thank everyone enough but what do you guys hate? What do you like? If this is approved I rather know your thoughts now or if I missed anything. Kaiju X brought up a great point that I completely missed and I rather not have any more of those. Or at the least keep those at a minimum :lol:
—Epsilon

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

well, simply put i like that this system ensures that we keep things moving quickly.

since we would be getting more active members to have jobs, this will make communication much easier. essentially, im happy that we will be seeing much more communication between fans and staff.
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Yay, a question came to mind. Another one. XD This is probably something long-term or flying over my head (happens a lot :lol:), but I feel the need to get it out there.

What does it take to be promoted to certain levels? Hypothetically speaking, let's say I am a Verifier. And say this goes on for a while now, then suddenly an Editor falls ill and there's a need for a replacement. Say that I take the role of Editor. Will I drop the Verifier position and have someone replace me? Or can I keep both?

Pair of kings.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Stay away from me, you evil mastermind. Let it be know I'll be drinking from a flask from now on.
So are you drinking alcohol or the composite chemicals I mixed during school? :lol:

Let's see, any other twisted questions... But it would seem that my question is already half-answered.
So can I volunteer for this new Administration?
- If you want to yes depending on the reception, BUT it will be based on Forum experience, rank like Moderator and a few other criteria. The best thing you can do is if you’re a fan of the K.W.C., give the process a month to adjust. In the meantime write an awesome match and we will gladly accept it.
...Oops. :P

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

^Well that does answer part of it but to the portion of upgrading positions, I would say no unless someone wants to leave their role. Rather not kick out people that want to volunteer :P And speaking of the replacement policy, its kinda why I have the structure the way it is. That way if someone DOES leave there isn't a massive hole where they use to be in the system.
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hmm... Well, I have another hypothetical situation in mind: If there was an exploit in the system, would there be changes to keep things in check? Of course, from what I see now, I don't think that can happen, but let's pretend it does for a moment.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

To KaijuX - Actually its kind of why I formed the structure the way it is. Basically its formed like any management system, and with it, the system should regulate anything like abuse of power, disappearances, lack of productivity, etc. Also, in every level, you can compare one person to another which is helpful in determining when these cases arise. For instance, lets say Verifier A submits one match a month and Verifier B submits 10. As an editor, you can see something is wrong there and naturally ask about it. Hope this helps!

11/10/14
And thanks KaijuX because I also get to say something. Well its been 1 week since the launch and I am very happy with all the support. We have a lot of forum members and a ton of mods backing us up. Arbok is still going over it as we speak yet no current K.W.C. member has commented on this... Which is why as of this moment I am going to create a secondary Proposal without any previous member. This is purely precautionary but I feel I rather be prepared than to be caught off guard so if any mods are interested in such roles please let me know. I want this to be successful and in time, I do believe this will bring new life to the K.W.C.

Stay tuned for next week, as I shall continue a weekly update process for this topic. When I promised transparency in my proposal, I truly did mean it.
—Epsilon