Concept Art Roundup

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Concept Art Roundup

Post by Stump Feet »

So I've noticed the main site is missing a huge chunk of concept art for these movies and none have been uploaded in a very long time so I thought I'd create a roundup thread to help with the process.

If you're going to contribute, make sure you use high quality images only and state what film it's from.

Godzilla vs. Megalon
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: Concept Art Roundup

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I assume the staff would rather scan the books and magazine the art is from on their own, rather than take it from other sources. Always the potential for higher quality.

From what I've seen this book as some cool art in it and might be a worthwhile purchase
https://www.amazon.co.jp/ゴジラ-東宝特撮-ピクトリア ... 479861744X
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Concept Art Roundup

Post by G2000 »

At the risk of sounding petulant I really don’t know what’s up with the concept art section any more, particularly in regards to the Monsterverse films. After G’14 came out there was a big effort to round up as much concept art as we could do it could form the basis of a the film’s concept art section on the main site, be it from the official books or the artist’s websites, but to this day it still does not have a gallery; however, Kong: Skull Island does have a concept art gallery, so I’m not sure what the deal is unless there’s some sort of seperate legal issues surrounding concept art from G14 and KoTM that didn’t affect K:SI
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST