Kaijuu Daikessen move updates

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Justemporary
Yojimbo

Kaijuu Daikessen move updates

Post by Justemporary »

Hi there, I loved playing this game during my childhood and still enjoy it more than Street Fighter II on the Snes. There is an faq I contributed to on gamefaqs detailing the movelist of the game but found the information covered on this website to be far superior (good job guys). However, some moves remain incomplete so I'd like to make a list of attacks or properties which are missing so that this Godzilla sanctuary has the most accurate information available.

King Ghidorah's Dive Kick: Performed with down back+Y/X. You can alter the jumping animation prior to doing the attack. Useful for empty jump mixups. Also useful for jumping forward and then swooping ahead to get out of corners. The backwards jump version may work as some sort of anti-air who knows. The only way to tell whether Ghidorah is doing this move is the sound which is telegraphed when the jump starts. It will be a big swoop sound.

Megalon's Dual Drill: Forward forward Y/X. It cuts through fireballs. Based on his attacks and style of play it's a very efficient way to move and attack at the same time. Sometimes I think this game is too cleverly made. It's also got good recovery for closing the distance.

Mechagodzilla's missiles during flight: Attacking while flying fires missiles but you can alter the trajectories of the missiles to 1) Straight (don't press anything) 2) Angled up (hold up or down prior to attacking) and 3) Straight up curl (hold back and attack).

In this stance he's gambling with stun. Not only does his stun not go down until he goes back to his neutral position, he deals a lot of stun. The held missiles which come in 1-3 upon crashing raise the wrath meter and can be absorbed by Mechagodzilla II's absorbing attack. Yet, the stun for each is huge and if you manage to fly over your opponent changing directions frequently you can stun the other kaijuu relatively easy.

Biollante's tentacle constriction: Hold X for a second and then release. It can be performed in three different directions. Straight, angled, or up. Once activated and successful the tentacle will constrict and strangle the opponent. However, if it makes contact and hits you can press
1) Forward/down/up + X to grab and chuck the enemy to the opposite end of the screen and 2) Back+X after the tentacle catches to throw them behind you. These attacks do less damage than the constriction version but create new spacing such as a potential unblockable Hyper Spray after throwing them behind her.

Note: The tentacle barrier is essential as it negates roars, throws and damage altogether. It's also essential for inching forward without getting pushed back by projectiles. A very satisfying character to learn and master. The tentacle tosses come in handy especially when you throw sap bullets and do your Hyper Spray to stop them from jumping.

Mothra's Hurricane Wind: It can destroy projectiles. Her Battra tag move breaks through fireballs like Gigan and Super Mechagodzilla II's desperation attacks but vulnerable to certain physical attacks it seems.

Super Mechagodzilla II's G Crusher special: It travels a full screen and is unblockable.For whatever reason, during the animation he randomly adds in a plasma grenade fireball. I don't know if it does more damage, whether you need to absorb a lot of energy etc. for it to show but I've definitely seen it before. Here's some proof for anyone who still plays this classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydeIDZVWT38
right at 2:10 he plows through Godzilla's atomic breath.

I really hope someone updates those move descriptions and make it complete the way it ought to be. Thanks for running such an awesome site. There's so many moves I didn't know about.

Minor update:
Played some more lately and found little minute details regarding "rush" type desperation attacks.

Gigan: Like all rush attacks on the ground they're unblockable. Gigan's rush is invulnerable to fireballs and throws which makes it especially dangerous when he's at mid-range (the throw tested was Biollante's Hyper Spray). However, all rush moves are vulnerable to physical attacks meaning they can be interrupted and stopped.

Mothra: Similar to Gigan, her Battra tag team attack is fireball invincible. It is also vulnerable to physical attacks. It's a fairly clever move added by the developers since she is most vulnerable on the ground and at the same time most lethal. In theory this would make anyone wary when attacking her and adding pressure.

Super Mechagodzilla: Without his Garuda jetpack his rush attack is the weakest of the three. Although unblockable, it has average range, vulnerability to physical attacks as well as fireball attacks. When Super Mechagodzilla is combined with Garuda however he upgrades to a full range super with fireball invulnerability but still retains the weakness the other rush types have.

Anguirus: A very subtle detail. There are two methods in performing his rolling assault super. The ground version is fireball invincible but suffers from being less flexible than it's mid-air counterpart. However, the air version is vulnerable to fireballs. The thought and detail in this game never ceases to amaze me.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Kaijuu Daikessen move updates

Post by Arbok »

Adding in the comment about the tentacle barrier blocking roars. Will take longer to confirm the others. Can you describe a bit more about the fireballs you keep mentioning, and which projectile moves those relate to?
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Nice bit about the barrier blocking out roars, I missed that ^_^ I think the projectiles I mentioned by and large in my first post was clear but the only one I have no idea of is Super Mechagodzilla II's plasma grenade. It's the yellow beam that shoots out of its torso when it absorbs energy regularly (except acid from Biollante, wow, they threw that in too!). For some reason when you do his wrath move with the backpack on he'll sometimes shoot the beam from his torso while other times he won't. I really want to know if there's a difference in damage and how to activate it or whether or not it's just random.

OH! And I found a move that is NOT listed on this website for Megalon! It's so crazy. Haven't really watched a lot of Godzilla films except for the Mecha King Ghidorah one but ended up cruising through some of Angry Video Game Nerd's Cinemassacre Monster madness videos relating to Godzilla. Anyways, this move is the following:

Grab first, down, down forward, forward, back, down back, down, up+X

No joke, it blew my mind when I first saw this command and I was skeptical since there's no move in the game with that bizarre a command except maybe King of Fighters. Megalon does a huge boot (like to Jet Jaguar?) that will send your opponent way up into the air for juggles or even your hard to hit Wrath move. In all honesty you won't land this move in Normal or Expert difficulty but it is possible on the Beginner difficulty so you can at least have fun with it. If I remember correctly you can do Megalon's jumping fierce kick to slam them down and then throw in a Wrath for maximum damage. I forget, I should have wrote it down and am still expecting to get my hands on a hardcopy of the game to fully flesh out strategies since I'm a Street Fighter fan too ;p Oh, one more thing before I forget, if you kill Biollante with this move, hilarity ensues. Know why? Because you'll boot her whole body into the air, not just portions of her tentacle! Trying to amp up the fun as fully as possible for anyone interested.

One more thing. I came across this move on a website whose goal is to get scanned images of instruction manuals. Someone was kind enough to scan an entire strategy guide for this game! Here's the link to the page to download the pdf of the scans. It's great, full of matchup strategies and moves etc. in Japanese, a language most of us probably can't read at all!

http://replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.9087

UPDATE
I finally got myself a copy of this game through the mail and figured out why Super MechaGodzilla adds an extra fireball. It's an extremely subtle damage bonus he'll get if he plows through a fireball with his rush super. It adds 10 points of damage. I will be looking into whether or not other moves of this nature get the damage bonus.

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Battle Legends

New video showcasing movements, animations and attacks.
One thing worth noting when fighting Biollante Rose is that your atomic breath gives you points when you're damaging the barricade. 10,000 for just breaking the barricade.