Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2020)

Post by LegendZilla »

I just tried the updated character and had fun. Merry Christmas Alex, such an update was worth the wait. I look forward to next Christmas. ;)

*edit*

On a side note, which potential new arenas do you think should be prioritized? My picks are Osaka, Minato Mirai 21, factory from Hedorah and Latitude Zero, since Alex has been teasing it for a while.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Great job with this updated character Alex! I can see why he had to be the next one considering that he's much stronger and can hold his own against the other characters much better than before. Thanks!
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by MetalliSteveKaiju »

Love the new update :D . One question though. It couldn't have taken two years to do just these two variants especially as the main bodies are identical apart from the colour scheme. Is there perhaps another update coming for New Year?

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

What kaiju got updated?

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Ironcarnage101 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:59 pm What kaiju got updated?
Gabera.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

MrGameguy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:51 pm
Gabera.
Gabara

GodzillaMan 2017
Ronin

Post by GodzillaMan 2017 »

MetalliSteveKaiju wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:38 am
MrGameguy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:51 pm
Gabera.
Gabara
Gabara

Added in 38 minutes 57 seconds:
AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:32 pm
GodzillaMan 2017 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:59 pm Alex i got 4 questions for you
1. Is going to separate Manda and Gotengo?
2. It so Manda 1968,2004 and Gotengo 2004 have the same tricks as well as with the update of Rodan?
3. Will be added to the game Lgnis Exitium?
4. What will happen to the game when you are the third age?
sorry for the writing I'm writing the translator because I'm Latino
1. Yes, but the Team Manda and Gotengo play style will stay too. Most like I'll give them the ability to switch back forth to singular to team mode.
2. Yes, I could definitely utilize this stategy.
3. Maybe later after other characters have been updated and added. I can't imagine anyone being happy about him being added before an actual Toho monster.
4. Not sure what is being asked here.

All files have been uploaded, please enjoy the newly updated Kaiju. Since 2020 has been a nightmare, its only appropriate the updated monster be a "nightmare" too lol

Merry Christmas everyone! :D
Thanks for replying and by the way I loved the new update

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's an idea : Why not give certain kaiju different prologues and endings instead of all emerging from the ice in Antartctica?

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:54 pm Here's an idea : Why not give certain kaiju different prologues and endings instead of all emerging from the ice in Antartctica?
They don't all emerge from the ice. Most of the Earth Monster emerge from the ice, some of the Earth and all the space monsters come from Planet X, and the JSDF mechs, weapons, and tanks and masers come from the city.
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla18 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:12 am
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:54 pm Here's an idea : Why not give certain kaiju different prologues and endings instead of all emerging from the ice in Antartctica?
They don't all emerge from the ice. Most of the Earth Monster emerge from the ice, some of the Earth and all the space monsters come from Planet X, and the JSDF mechs, weapons, and tanks and masers come from the city.
I was specifically referring to the “Earth-Defender” monsters.

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

I know your focused on upgrading Alex, but would it be possible to make slight tweaks to existing kaijus in the game?
1. Destroyer is slightly too small. Also his micro-oxygen beam has the WRONG sound effect. At least change the sound effect for this as it bugs the hell out of me.
2. Ebirah is too big. He was 60m long compared to Godzilla's 50m height. Drop him down please.
3. I'm pretty sure your Kumonga is also too big.
https://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/2/9 ... 932749.jpg
4. Your Battra larva is too small. I don't care what the "official" height records show. Check the footage of the underwater scene. Pause at the right moment. Battra is larger than that.
5. Lastly, the Female Muto is too big. She was biting Godzilla and driving him back, whilst standing up straight. Her hips are much lower and perhaps level with G's. And the scene where she charges at him, rams him and knocks him over. You can clearly see that her hips are much lower than the scale you chose. I know there is the moment when they are charging at one another and it appears that the scale you chose matches, but she is climbing buildings at the same time giving a false impression of her size. Then you can always compare her size to Godzilla in the moment when he is pushing her back. There is the close-up of their heads when they are nose to nose. You can then scale your model of the Muto to your Godzilla from there.

Also I think you should Jet Jaguar to your upgrading list. He can really do with a better move set.

On a more serious note, can I ask, how long do you think you'll be working on this game? Keeping in mind it's taking you a year at least to upgrade one character and you've already confirmed you're upgrading these as a priority
Godzilla 94/Burning Godzilla
King Caesar (no doubt you'll add a 2004 version at the same time)
Kamacuras (again you'll probably add a 2004 version as well)
Gigan 2004 (no doubt you'll do the enhanced chainsaw version too)
Orga
Megaguirus
Megalon
Gotengo/Manda (No doubt you'll look at 2004 versions as well)
Varan
Anguirus (will come with a 2004 version)
Mechagodzilla 93
Mothra Leo/Rainbow/Aqua
Hedorah (2004 vers again)
Zilla (this could be separated into 98, 2004 and cartoon versions maybe)
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla 2001
So with all these, we're looking at, what, maybe 15 years worth of work. Before you even get to adding new ones.
Male Muto
Mothra 92, maybe Eternal/Armour Mothra. Showa Mothra maybe.
Desghidorah
Godzilla 2019
King Ghidorah 2019. Hell, 2001 version and Cretaceous/Grand Ghidorah
Rodan 2019. Fire Rodan
Mothra 2019
Kong 2017
Skull Crawler 2017
Godzilla Earth
King Ghidorah 2018 (yes, it can be done. I have ideas for how it could be done)
Baragon 2001 (upgrade the 1965 vers as well)
How about Snow Godzilla?
And lets not forget all the monsters that will appear in Godzilla Singular Point. So, I ask again. How long can you keep this up?

Anyway, sorry about the really lost post. Have a good New Year everyone. Stay safe. Don't gather indoors. Don't go out in general really if you're in America or the UK.
Last edited by MetalliSteveKaiju on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Not to knock Alex as I love this game but Toho should feel ashamed that the best Godzilla game on the market is a free game made by a fan in his free time.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MetalliSteveKaiju wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 pm Snip
Alex has already said not every kaiju is going to be one to one size wise for the movies, simply because it either will mess with the games structure or its an incredibly pedantic reason.

It has not "taken him one year to upgrade one character", he worked on one character on top of the main thing taking up time: upgrading the game to make it work once Flash is dropped. Also, you know, he has a life and a job outside of a game he's doing as a hobby.

Just saying because coming barging in a thread to make a million requests and subtly complain about how someone who's making content for you free is kind of what I call "a dick move".
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:05 pm
Just saying because coming barging in a thread to make a million requests and subtly complain about how someone who's making content for you free is kind of what I call "a dick move".
I mean I agree that's too much to ask, but that's likely the case of just being too excited over making a "dick move."

Work on your wording next time...
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MrGameguy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:09 pm
I mean I agree that's too much to ask, but that's likely the case of just being too excited over making a "dick move."

Work on your wording next time...
Yeah, maybe but
MetalliSteveKaiju wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 pm Keeping in mind it's taking you a year at least to upgrade one character

How long can you keep this up?
This reads to me more of being pushy the game isn't going the exact way you want then being too excited and speaking uncouth.

I will agree thinking on it that was a bit far and so I apologize. I still stand by you could have worded it way better Steve but it doesn't seem malicious as I first read. Just had a lot of assholes in this thread in my time and I panicked lol.

RIP Evan.

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

It has not "taken him one year to upgrade one character", he worked on one character on top of the main thing taking up time: upgrading the game to make it work once Flash is dropped. Also, you know, he has a life and a job outside of a game he's doing as a hobby.

It is taking him a year each time to upgrade the characters. He's making updates every Christmas now. That makes a year in my book. I wasn't trying to be a dick. I had a few demands I suppose for imperfections in the game as I see them. But the lists of kaijus were lists that Alex has confirmed in this thread that he will upgrade in the future. Ok, he mentioned them about 4-5 years ago in this thread and you have to go back a long way in this forum to find them but they are there.
And I was simply pointing out the time it is taking to do things here, will he actually continue with game or will he stop in the end? He is mortal after all. I'm guessing 30's. 15 years to do all the upgrades he wanted to do then any new characters. Will he really be doing it that long? I doubt he will. As you said, he has a life.
And Happy New Year everyone.
Last edited by MetalliSteveKaiju on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Just noticed something wrong : I downloaded the game on Christmas eve and have been enjoying playing the game again in so long, but now it won't play any music.

GodzillaMan 2017
Ronin

I am the first person to comment on 2021 lol.
happy New Year :huge:

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

GodzillaMan 2017 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:57 pm I am the first person to comment on 2021 lol.
No you're not. I commented yesterday after 6am. :P
And someone else did after me.
Last edited by MetalliSteveKaiju on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaMan 2017
Ronin

MetalliSteveKaiju wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:27 pm
GodzillaMan 2017 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:57 pm I am the first person to comment on 2021 lol.
No you're not. I commented yesterday after 6am. :P
And someone else did after me.
for good ;)