Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Gojora »

Godzillian wrote:So any details on the films plot ever come out (other then Godzilla fighting a werewolf)?
I heard that baragon was suppose to appear.
:shrug:
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

gigan72 wrote:
Gojora wrote:
Godzillian wrote:So any details on the films plot ever come out (other then Godzilla fighting a werewolf)?
I heard that baragon was suppose to appear.
:shrug:
Actually no. That was in a separate film according to an interview in FMOF.
I thought that was an earlier take of the movie, where the Wolfman kinda looked like a mummy.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

And in that take they used a suit modeled after the 1964 suit instead of the 62.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

if varan bon ziller didn't show me images of this earlier today, i would have thought this was just another crazy concept abandoned by Toho (which i always figured it was).

BUT on the heels of seeing the footage from the panel and hearing that there is a desire to release the film to DVD one day (hopefully, though unlikely) i decided to post some thoughts here.

first thing's first, it sounds like a cool concept, especially given the more "Showa" roots it has. it fits right in that series just fine.

a Baragon appearance was planned initially, but abandoned (yea, it's true, and more Baragon anywhere is fine with me really. poor thing was totally unappreciated -- Angirus' mentally handicapped brother that the family kept locked in the attic to avoid shame).

i wonder what the connection to the human - sized wolfmen is, because the giant one is obviously unique among its own "kind".

that Godzilla suit is UGLY. there are a few issues i have with it, namely: the eyes are small and extremely close together (meeting at the very tip of the bridge of the nose with that oddball little *bump* of a triangle in the center of G's head), the tail is short and looks tensed up. those two things come together to really screw up the appearance for me, i guess because the face + tail are iconic traits of Godzilla.

anyway. the addition of wolfmen and a giant monster would have made for some interesting human drama for a change, and this could have been the Showa era's Biollante.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Just got back from G-fest. The guy who wrote the scifi article on this film was there showing footage from it. 30 minutes of it to be exact and I learned a ton of new details about the movie

The wolfman appears due to a curse and goes on a killing spree. He eventually grows kaiju size due to said curse and acts similar to the gaira. Godzilla is more like how he was in Mothra vs Godzilla in this film and a sort of lesser then two evils. The army battles the wolfman and manages to stun him. godzilla rampages across japan and comes across the wolfman stunned from the attack and the two begin to battle.

The suit actor for Godzilla was the directors brother

Toho wants to see a final cut of the film. The current cut is 140 min but the director is cutting it down to 100. The suit will change towards the end of the film to a 1964 godzilla. This is due to the 62 replica suit falling apart after years of not working on the film. The director is friends with a higher up in Toho and the two have plans to release it on DVD and Blu Ray.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzillian wrote:Just got back from G-fest. The guy who wrote the scifi article on this film was there showing footage from it. 30 minutes of it to be exact and I learned a ton of new details about the movie

The wolfman appears due to a curse and goes on a killing spree. He eventually grows kaiju size due to said curse and acts similar to the gaira. Godzilla is more like how he was in Mothra vs Godzilla in this film and a sort of lesser then two evils. The army battles the wolfman and manages to stun him. godzilla rampages across japan and comes across the wolfman stunned from the attack and the two begin to battle.

Toho wants to see a final cut of the film. The current cut is 140 min but the director is cutting it down to 100. The suit will change towards the end of the film to a 1964 godzilla. This is due to the 62 replica suit falling apart after years of not working on the film. The director is friends with a higher up in Toho and the two have plans to release it on DVD and Blu Ray.
sounds awesome. thanks for the info!
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Any idea why they built a '64 suit for the later takes instead of just building another identical '62 suit?
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Any idea why they built a '64 suit for the later takes instead of just building another identical '62 suit?
i thought this was because they wanted to use the '64 design but couldn't, so they added it there. can't remember.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Godzillian wrote:Just got back from G-fest. The guy who wrote the scifi article on this film was there showing footage from it. 30 minutes of it to be exact and I learned a ton of new details about the movie

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I really hope it'll come to Blu-Ray.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Any idea why they built a '64 suit for the later takes instead of just building another identical '62 suit?
The reason I was given was the director liked that suit a lot too and just kinda went "Screw it lets do a 64 suit to finish the movie)

BioBagan
Samurai

Post by BioBagan »

I'm pretty sure Mark Jaramillo said that they're trying to get G and Wolfman made into toys as well. But it all depends on Toho.
~ Miranda

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

BioBagan wrote:I'm pretty sure Mark Jaramillo said that they're trying to get G and Wolfman made into toys as well. But it all depends on Toho.
He said the director would be open to letting the wolfman get toys made but it all depends on Toho approving the final cut.

BioBagan
Samurai

Post by BioBagan »

Ah damn, I'm sure if it goes through it wont be long of a wait though.
~ Miranda

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Godzillian wrote:Toho wants to see a final cut of the film. The current cut is 140 min but the director is cutting it down to 100. The suit will change towards the end of the film to a 1964 godzilla. This is due to the 62 replica suit falling apart after years of not working on the film. The director is friends with a higher up in Toho and the two have plans to release it on DVD and Blu Ray.
YAY! :huge:

I really hope Toho approves and releases it! I'll import that in a heartbeat, and if it's released in America I'll buy it again! ^_^

I don't mind the suit changing later in the film...it wouldn't be the first Showa Godzilla to use very different suits for different scenes in the same movie. :lol:

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Ok you are all now going to hate me but what is this Godzilla vs. The Wolfman?
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

he-ba wrote:Ok you are all now going to hate me but what is this Godzilla vs. The Wolfman?

a fan made movie about the wolf man growing to Godzilla's size and fighting him. there are short clips of it that were displayed at one of those big events a while ago, like years. it may or may not ever go into production and be released. currently, they're in the works with Toho on doing so, or at least hope to be able to. it needs editing, also.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

he-ba wrote:Ok you are all now going to hate me but what is this Godzilla vs. The Wolfman?
Sci-Fi Japan is your friend ( :P ):

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2013 ... -godzilla/

Long story short: in the early 1980s a bunch of staff and ex-staff from Toho decided to make their own Godzilla movie in their own spare time and with their own money. Nowadays we'd call this a fanmade movie, but this was WAY before that was a common thing. It's a feature-length film that, based on the clips and pictures floating around, looks right at home alongside the Showa films. It was never finished, though - fully shot, but not edited. It's gained a legendary status - I remember reading about it in an issue of G-Fan way back in the mid-'90s that treated it as a mysterious lost Godzilla film.

An American fan tracked down the director a couple of years ago, which started the ball rolling toward where we are now: the director is finishing editing and Toho is considering releasing it on DVD/BD. 8-)

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Thanks, PK, and now I really want this movie!!!!!!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I really hope this gets a release. It would be a great thing to hold us over till Godzilla 2.

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

If it hasn't been posted yet. Actual footage of this exists but its in very poor quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HET13awG4k
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)