Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by kamilleblu »

Godzillian wrote:
Goji wrote:Why such a bloated number? It's definitely going to be finished sometime in the next couple of years. Now whether or not Toho will allow it to be released is an entirely different matter.
Toho is interested in the film. They want to see a final cut.
Is that even possible?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

KaijuFiend wrote:I was simply trying to say that I hope it gets released at some point in my life. You know, so that I'll have the chance to see it? I didn't mean I wanted it to take 50 years to be released.
Nah, tymon was just pointing out how incredibly silly you're being. It's not going to take anywhere near that long, and nobody knows if Toho will be okay with it even being released. I'm not gonna bother repeating this again.
kamilleblu wrote: Is that even possible?
Sure is. Nakajima has good relations with Toho, and it's just a matter of him finishing the post production process, and then going from there.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Okay, let me make myself more clear here. I do understand the next couple years thing. I didn't when I made my first post in this thread, because that was before Goji had posted his next couple years projection. Nowhere in the thread had he stated that it will be released in the next couple years until after my first post, and something like that isn't common knowledge. With my second and third posts, I understood the next couple of years thing; I was merely trying to explain previous posts since they kept being misunderstood.

Kilaak Kommander
Ronin

Post by Kilaak Kommander »

Goji wrote:Yes, I'm well aware this. No offense, but I probably know a lot more about what's going on with the production than you do. Sorry if that sounds rude, but..I'm way ahead of you.
Do you know to what extent the fight scenes mimic KKvsG? I'm interested in seeing it no matter what, but it would be a major disappointment if the Godzilla scenes just rehash the King Kong fight.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

20th Century Boy wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:
Lord_Kruge wrote:Donated $120, may give more just because I want to see it made.

Also, if G vs Wolfman does ever get made, I really hope they include those extra edited minutes on the disc. I'd love to see everything they had to work with. 140 minutes isn't so bad these days.
Wolfman vs. Godzilla was made over 30 years ago, it just has never been released.
Not really. It's been filmed over 30 years ago, but the amount of editing and post-production that still needs to be made would hardly qualify it as having been "made" already.
Eh, tomato tomahto! I've always considered the "making" of a movie to be the actual Production. I don't count Pre-Production or Post-Production. So, IMO, the movie was made thirty years ago, but is only being edited and post-produced now. ;)

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Why didn't this, and Frankenstein VS Godzilla, were made? :( :cry:
Yooo 8-)

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

I only found out this film was an actual non thing when I came across a random blog a few days ago. I had just assumed it was a legit film until then >_> Welp showing my showa greens here.... well at least I know about B***n and not to mention him in the monsterarts thread.

I love to watch deleted scenes so this piques my interest and curiosity. Also I love the King goji suit.

bastard_robo
Young Farmer

Post by bastard_robo »

Well, it's a fan film, made by the FX staff from Toho.. so it'd be akin to Joe Johnston making a star wars film with out Lucas's involvement with all the guys who worked on Star Wars. Not cannon, but also not just some armature job either.
I'll think of something clever later

Monsterking
Ronin

Post by Monsterking »

Hello everyone. I am one of the producers of KAIJU GAIDEN and the person who tracked down Shizuo Nakajima and brought him to the U.S. to screen footage from WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA for the fans. Please support KAIJU GAIDEN, which is a documentary covering all of the forgotten independent kaiju films such as WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA and GAMERA 4. Check out our Kickstarter page for information on the documentary, collectible premiums offered, and a video featuring brief scenes from some of the films, including WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/25 ... iju-gaiden

Also, here are links to various articles and interviews I've done where I go into detail about WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA:

http://kaijucast.com/2014/10/09/10-09-2 ... avid-hall/

http://panzercrush.com/2014/06/03/podca ... -monsters/

http://panzercrush.com/2014/10/07/the-k ... iju-story/

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/5V3D9CKejgc[/YouTube]

http://insearchofmonsters.com/Wolfman_vs_Godzilla.html

If you have any questions regarding any of these films, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Mark Jaramillo

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

Do you have plans for the film to be completed and released in the states?
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:Do you have plans for the film to be completed and released in the states?
First of all, whenever Nakajima finishes the film, there's no telling if Toho will even allow him to release it in Japan. We've gone over this in the thread multiple times..
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Monsterking
Ronin

Post by Monsterking »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:Do you have plans for the film to be completed and released in the states?
Yes.

Monsterking
Ronin

Post by Monsterking »

Goji wrote:
First of all, whenever Nakajima finishes the film, there's no telling if Toho will even allow him to release it in Japan. We've gone over this in the thread multiple times..
Mr. Nakajima estimates the time to complete a final definitive edit of WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA to be 1 to 2 years. He is currently actively working on optical effects, color correcting, and HD conversion. The footage I have seen thus far is gorgeous. He is being helped by Kokubunji Studio, who have created incredible replicas of the Mosugoji suit as well as Showa Mothra and King Ghidora.

https://www.facebook.com/kokubunjistudio

Toho will not even look at an incomplete project. It must be submitted in final form. If they approve it, it is just a matter of meeting their licensing fee.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

I whish this film would come out!
But in my opinion, the kingoji suit was not preserved. Notice the hands. Notice how his over all body is bigger.
Notice the eyes. I read some where that the people who made the suits worked on the toho movies. Sorry guys, I know this is late by I don't believe it is. And if you can proove me wrong, please reload the image shack picture in the beginning.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TgG5HBxVXJs/U ... BvG+20.jpg
Does anyone even know what happened to the suit used in this movie? Do they still have the kingoji suit used from the film? That's a stupid question but I still want answers!
This is the beginning of the end.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

You're grossly misinformed. Nakajima (the director) was an ex-Toho employee, but he wasn't a suit maker, he was a production assistant. I really don't know what you mean by "the kingoji suit was not preserved". It's not the same one built in 1962 for KING KONG VS. GODZILLA; it was a brand new suit..

The suit used in the movie has mostly rotted away, considering it was filmed in the '80s, and only the head remains. Mr. Nakajima still has it.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Goji wrote:You're grossly misinformed. Nakajima (the director) was an ex-Toho employee, but he wasn't a suit maker, he was a production assistant. I really don't know what you mean by "the kingoji suit was not preserved". It's not the same one built in 1962 for KING KONG VS. GODZILLA; it was a brand new suit..

The suit used in the movie has mostly rotted away, considering it was filmed in the '80s, and only the head remains. Mr. Nakajima still has it.
Some one showed me a picture of two suits used on Instagram and the goji62 suit was in real bad shape but was put in some pose with him I'll have to show you guys. So I guess the picture was more recent. But how are they going to finish this movie exactly? I'm a real big fan of the idea. So are they finishing with filming or effects.

Oh I meant by not preserved because people believe that it was the same suit from King Kong. I was telling the people who believe so, it isn't. But are there pictures of what remains of the suit? I would like to see those. :D
This is the beginning of the end.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The movie was finished in the '80s. It didn't enter post production until a couple of years ago, however.

Have you read the rest of this thread? This has been linked before, but if you haven't read it yet, it's a must.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2013 ... -godzilla/

There are recent pictures, but that are property of Mark Jaramillo, and I'm not gonna post them without his permission. I recommend checking out the Kaiju Gaiden Facebook page, blog, and website.

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

Monsterking wrote:Hello everyone. I am the person who tracked down Shizuo Nakajima and brought him to the U.S. to screen footage from WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA for the fans.

If you have any questions regarding any of these films, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Mark Jaramillo
Hi. I was curious how the editing process was going. Does Mr Nakajima have an idea of when the process of post production will be finished. I am aware a estimate was posted earlier, but I was wondering if that estimate had changed. Sorry if this post sounds a little rude, it's not meant to be...
Thanks
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

Monsterking
Ronin

Post by Monsterking »

You are not being rude at all! I am glad you are interested in the film.
While we were in Japan filming our documentary film KAIJU GAIDEN, Mr. Nakajima showed me some of the footage of WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA he is currently editing. The original footage is being color-corrected and upgraded to HD. The difference in the original footage versus the upgraded footage is amazing. Also, the optical effects are being added into the special effects sequences. Considering it was shot on 8mm, it is looking to be really good.
Now the bad news. Mr. Nakajima told me he expects the final version of WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA to be completed by the middle of 2016. We have quite a wait ahead of us. I suppose it is appropriate, as it will be one of two Japanese Godzilla movies to be released in 2016.

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

Monsterking wrote:You are not being rude at all! I am glad you are interested in the film.
While we were in Japan filming our documentary film KAIJU GAIDEN, Mr. Nakajima showed me some of the footage of WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA he is currently editing. The original footage is being color-corrected and upgraded to HD. The difference in the original footage versus the upgraded footage is amazing. Also, the optical effects are being added into the special effects sequences. Considering it was shot on 8mm, it is looking to be really good.
Now the bad news. Mr. Nakajima told me he expects the final version of WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA to be completed by the middle of 2016. We have quite a wait ahead of us. I suppose it is appropriate, as it will be one of two Japanese Godzilla movies to be released in 2016.
Hi, thanks for getting back to me! I just thought of some other questions. Will he be able to use stock Toho music, much like the teasers he showed at G-Fest, or will he have his own original songs written for the film, will the effects be rotoscoped using hand drawn techniques, or will they be digital effects, and, if released, will it be Blu-Ray, DVD, or both?
-Thanks
Last edited by GodzillaFanatic2001 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.