Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
NebulaMSpacehunter
Samurai

Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by NebulaMSpacehunter »

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/223 ... 63f181.jpg

For a supposed "fanfilm" it looks pretty sophisticated. Looks like a hoax if you ask me.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Goji »

NebulaMSpacehunter wrote:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/223 ... 63f181.jpg

For a supposed "fanfilm" it looks pretty sophisticated. Looks like a hoax if you ask me.
It's no hoax. It's a real 16mm film made by some fans/film makers in Japan in the 80's. August, Arbok, and/or kpa should be able to fill you in.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Got to say, that is one hell of a reproduction of the Kingu-Goji suit. The full title of the film is "LEGEND OF THE SUPERBEASTS: WOLFMAN VS GODZILLA" (kind of makes you want to listen to Rob Zombie, eh? lolz). Going over past posts and such, it has been releaved that the film was filmed in Super 8 and came into recognition thanks to Uchusen running pictures in what Keith said, "issues in 1980 or '81". Really wonder if this fan film exists somewhere, even in the worst form. It looks pretty kick ass.

Mac
Samurai

Post by Mac »

It's not a reproduction, its the actual suit. The director was future special effects director Kawakita.

Here's a better picture, credit goes to The Giant Pacific Octopus over at Club Tokyo for scanning this:

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Well then it is the best perserved suit I have seen. That is unless it was filmed after KKvs.G in 1963 but not told about till 1980/1981. And nice pic.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Nice find Mac!! That's the first ever color photo I've seen from it. :mrgreen:

g2kmaster wrote:Well then it is the best perserved suit I have seen. That is unless it was filmed after KKvs.G in 1963 but not told about till 1980/1981. And nice pic.
No way. It was definitely filmed in the early 80s.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I've heard from dozens of sources that those suits rotted pretty quickly. And considering that this one has been through KKvsG, several trips through the water tank (in both KKvsG and MothravsG), AND it would around 30 years old by the time this film was made, I find it hard to believe that suit is one in the same.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Looks fun to watch if it ever came out or was completed. I also did have something for that suit too don't know if it's the same or remade to look like the one from King Kong vs Godzilla.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Legion1979 wrote:Nooooo, that is not the actual '62 suit. As this was made in the '80s the original suit would have been long gone by then.
Yeah, it was definitely a new suit. It's just very faithful to the original, which is where the confusion is coming from.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

According tothe old KaijuFan site, it was filmed during KKvG, in which case it's probably the same suit.

But I have no clue myself. I didn't make the movie.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

So my comment in the first post defiently is true then. Nice to see how I mistakenly took Mac's post to heart too much, lolz. In the end, I wonder how this reproduction suit was made specificaly and other such stuff...

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

JVM wrote:According tothe old KaijuFan site, it was filmed during KKvG, in which case it's probably the same suit.

But I have no clue myself. I didn't make the movie.
Well, it wasn't. Sorry to to tell ya. That's a load of bull.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Am I the only person who thinks this movie, even fan-made, is lame? :eh:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Am I the only person who thinks this movie, even fan-made, is lame? :eh:
Not really. What's lame about it? How can you comment on something you haven't seen..?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Am I the only person who thinks this movie, even fan-made, is lame? :eh:
Pff, you're nuts. The movie was fantastic - the plot was incredibly well thought-out, the special effects are great quality given the time period, the costumes are quite realistic, and the human characters fit in great. It's the perfect monster movie, really. :P
Last edited by JVM on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

And how does this have any less merit then Frankenstein Conquers the world and King Kong escapes.

Gojisaurus
Ronin

Post by Gojisaurus »

When it said "Wolfman" i thought it was the american wolfman :? How stupid of me :oops:
My ROFLkaiju goes Rawful Rawful Rawful
WUNDERBAR!

gojimantis
GPN Volunteer

Post by gojimantis »

from waht i have read, it is a reproduction of the King goji suit, this picture has had me tingling for years about what/where this footage is, aside from fan film from 80's.
yeah, the latex suits did rot quickly, a shame really all that work, i know that they were trying to keep the Heisei/Millennium suits from rotting.
there was also a thing that the Kong and Goji heads were put into an air tight container for preservation and, are owned by a private collector.
You have your fear which might become reality. And you have Godzilla, which *is* reality.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Goji wrote:Not really. What's lame about it? How can you comment on something you haven't seen..?
You have a point there. But classic monsters fighting Japanese giants is something that turns me away. The only one who actually tried it (and did it well) was Ishiro Honda.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
Goji wrote:Not really. What's lame about it? How can you comment on something you haven't seen..?
You have a point there. But classic monsters fighting Japanese giants is something that turns me away. The only one who actually tried it (and did it well) was Ishiro Honda.
Care to rephrase so it actually makes sense?