Son of Godzilla G-MAN HD Reconstruction/Edit "AVAILABLE NOW"

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Son of Godzilla G-MAN HD Reconstruction/Edit "AVAILABLE NOW"

Post by G-MAN »

So after going back and forth I finally decided on tackling Son of Godzilla obviously. Mainly because Im really happy with the recoloring of the film so far that I've been doing. If you follow me on Twitter I've been posting some screenshots as I've been toying around with the color.

And of course as I mentioned previously. This film will include the original dub of the film. But will also be uncut, so it will retain the opening of the film. Which means that the opening scene will have the international dub used. Which I'm perfectly fine with as I've never had any real issues with this particular international dub. English titles will be sourced from the Sony DVD. Still working on the edit so it's a bit off. But will update as I go along on here and my Twitter for those interested.

*UPDATE*

The film is noe finished and ready to be shared. Here's the list of sourced and changes made.

VIDEO
Main video source was of course the Criterion Bluray release. Which I've gone in and adjusted the contrast. But more importantly I've adjust the color of the film so it doesn't have that ugly yellow tint covering the entire film. The only other source was the Sony DVD of the film. Which had its color adjusted. Along with the contrast tweaked to match up a bit better. The dvd source was upscaled and given a slight noise filter to help with any compression artifacts. Lastly it was used only for the English credits present in that version.

AUDIO
For the opening portion of the film it was sourced from the international dub from the Criterion release. Which after the opening sequence is done it reverts to the original dub. Of which the source was the same vhs rip that Red Menace used.

This one is a first for me. Though it wasn't say a challenging project outside of just trying to get the colors as good as possible. But I've always enjoyed the opening sequence and was always bummed that the original version cut that sequence out. And I hope everyone enjoys my edit/reconstruction of the film. As usual feel free to comment or pm for the link.
Last edited by G-MAN on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: Son of Godzilla G-MAN HD Reconstruction/Edit

Post by G-MAN »

Before

After

Second version with a bit more tweaking

Yellow tint eliminated.
Last edited by G-MAN on Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Re: Son of Godzilla G-MAN HD Reconstruction/Edit "COMING SOON"

Post by ultrase7en »

Looks good!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

First rendering done. Just need to watch it and make sure it came out ok and see if anything need a to be fixed or adjusted.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Rendering is complete. Came out good. Gonna make it bluray compliant and will then be uploading it in the next couple of days.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Will begin uploading tonight and hopefully have it ready to go by tomorrow or the next day.

ultrase7en
Samurai

Post by ultrase7en »

Sweet! Cannot wait to check it out.
Last edited by ultrase7en on Sun May 31, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: Son of Godzilla G-MAN HD Reconstruction/Edit "AVAILABLE NOW"

Post by G-MAN »

Updated OP and the film is ready to go.

MAX Studio
Ronin

Post by MAX Studio »

Great job G! Just finished watching. Love the colors. I did notice a stuttering effect in the opening of credits. Could just be the source having to be encoded to new format. Anyway, thx for sharing your work. Bravo!

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

MAX Studio wrote:Great job G! Just finished watching. Love the colors. I did notice a stuttering effect in the opening of credits. Could just be the source having to be encoded to new format. Anyway, thx for sharing your work. Bravo!
Thanks for letting me know I'll have to check that out and see what caused it as I hadn't noticed that issue when I watched it. Might have to upload a fixed version.
Last edited by G-MAN on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

Sorry for the delay but the fixed(hopefully) version is up and ready to be shared. Those who got the first version I sent you a link for the new one.

MAX Studio
Ronin

Post by MAX Studio »

G-Man fixed the problem, and all is good. Just love this presentation! A joy to watch.

FPremo
Ronin

Post by FPremo »

G-Man, would love to check out your Son of Godzilla reconstruction. If it's anything like the rest of your reconstructions it's bound to be great!
Lurker for 3 years on these forums. Not really the posting type. Godzilla fan since 1971.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

FPremo wrote:G-Man, would love to check out your Son of Godzilla reconstruction. If it's anything like the rest of your reconstructions it's bound to be great!
Of course I'll send the link on over. As always I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on them. Hope you enjoy.

FPremo
Ronin

Post by FPremo »

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to this.
Lurker for 3 years on these forums. Not really the posting type. Godzilla fan since 1971.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

FPremo wrote:Thanks a lot! Looking forward to this.
Anytime, enjoy.

WaverBoy
Yojimbo

Post by WaverBoy »

Thank you for PMing me the download link for this! And, I know I already messaged you this but I gotta go public too — holy moly, I just succeeded in burning a Blu-Ray of this (FINALLY got my MacBook all set up for that, aw yeah!) — oh man, what an excellent job — uncut with opening scene intact AND with the OG Peter Fernandez dub! Perfectly synched and edited, with great sound quality especially considering it’s from a VHS rip fer chrissakes! The perfect version of SON OF GODZILLA for this G-Fan. Thank you so so much!
Last edited by WaverBoy on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

WaverBoy wrote:Thank you for PMing me the download link for this! And, I know I already messaged you this but I gotta go public too — holy moly, I just succeeded in burning a Blu-Ray of this (FINALLY got my MacBook all set up for that, aw yeah!) — oh man, what an excellent job — uncut with opening scene intact AND with the OG Peter Fernandez dub! Perfectly synched and edited, with great sound quality especially considering it’s from a VHS rip fer chrissakes! The perfect version of SON OF GODZILLA for this G-Fan. Thank you so so much!
Of course, glad you are enjoying it and that you were able to burn it to a bluray. Definitely what all my reconstructions are intended for. Definitely glad I was able to make the version of this film I've always wanted to see and glad others have been enjoying it too. It's been my favorite way to watch the film since long before I finally reconstructed it.

smagal
Samurai

Post by smagal »

Can I get the link? Thank you very much!

BlakeRL
Ronin

Post by BlakeRL »

Hi G-MAN

How does one become eligible to get to watch your reconstructions?

I really would love to see this Son of Godzilla reconstruction.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on how to view or obtain this.

Sincerely,
BlakeRL