Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

Post by _MHG_ »

Hi to all.

I think it's time to get this update rolling.

Current roster: [TBU]
At the moment, the following characters are in the game:
. Burning Godzilla
. Mechagodzilla I
. Showa King Ghidorah
. Gigan
. Megalon
. Biollante
. Super Mechagodzilla (Boss only, non-playable)
. Hedorah
. Anguirus
. Shin Godzilla

Screenshots: [TBU]
A special thanks to SpaceG92 for posting a bump on the project beforehand. Thanks for that! Though I think you may want to close that thread.

Videos: [TBU]
Version 0.13 Preview:

Spoiler:
Test Play Part 1:

Test Play Part 2:
Credits (note that the below list is also included within the game itself):
Spoiler:
"PROGRAMMING SUPPORT:

icuurd12b42 (GMC): GMFMODSimple v4.44.9cb DLL
Xor (GMC): Gaussian Blur shader, Motion Blur shader (currently unused)
xygthop3 (GMC): Wave shader
ABitten (GMC): Postprocess Light Effect shader
David Richard (GMC): ASC Key Definitions

GRAPHICS:

Ali: Mechagodzilla I sprite rip, SuperMechagodzilla sprite rip (Ali, MHG - additional sprites)
Zillagamer: Burning Godzilla sprite sheet, Hedorah sprite rip (MHG - additional sprites)
Gojira92: King Ghidorah sprite rip (MHG - additional sprites)
godzilla1990s: Gigan sprite rip (MHG - additional sprites)
Burninggodzillalord: Burning Godzilla base frame, Megalon,
Biollante, Mechagodzilla 2 sprite rip (MHG - additional sprites)
GodzillaK90: Anguirus sprite rip (MHG - additional sprites)
Linkzilla: Burning Godzilla base frame

Alfa System: Base sprites, background (BG) sprites
Neat Unsou: Burning Osaka rip
Lith: Shin Godzilla BG sprites
Davias: Burning Godzilla BG rip

ByNEET, ASXRAY: Shin Godzilla 3d Model
Tao Human Systems: Character model sprites, character portrait art
Battle Spirits TCG: Shin Godzilla portrait art

id Software: Effects
Raven Software: Effects

"SOUNDS/VOICES:

id Software: General effects
Raven Software: General effects
Rebellion: General effects
NetherRealm Studios: General effects
Black Ops Entertainment/DreamWorks Interactive: Announcer voice

Nickrice Kaijunick: Burning Godzilla sound rip
Matias Shaw: Mechagodzilla I, Mechagodzilla 2/Supermechagodzilla sound rip
alquimista 57: King Ghidorah sound rip
Yoshi Draco: Gigan, Anguirus sound rip
goji84films: Biollante sound rip
themetalsonic94: Hedorah sound rip
SuperGodzillaMusic: Megalon sound rip
HeiseiGoji91 Pictures: Shin Godzilla sound rip

Sergey Eybog: Interface effects

"MUSIC:

Dean Evans (original), Jens Hienzsch (remake): Main menu music
Akira Ifikube: Burning Godzilla BG music
Shiro Sagisu: Shin Godzilla BG music

James Hannigan, Frank Klepacki, Timothy Michael Wynn, Mikael Sandgren: Various stage BG music,
Enemy select music
Frank Klepacki, Jarrid Mendelson: Boss select music
Steve Jablonsky, Trevor Morris: Hedorah BG music
Rod Abernethy: Mechagodzilla I BG music, Select screen music
Joymax: Gigan BG music

On Errors, Bugs and Glitches:
Though the application should have minimal issues, there is always the possibility of unforeseen problems cropping up. Keep in mind that should a game-stopping glitch occur during a match that prevents you from progressing onward, you can always pause the game (‘Escape’ key) and press the ‘R’ key to perform a Soft Reset. Though the current match will terminate, you will be able to resume your progress instead of being forced to restart and quit your entire progress up to that point.

Should such an issue arise, feel free to report it here and I’ll take a look at it.

If a Fatal Error occurs and you’d like to report it, be sure to click the Copy button of the dialogue box before clicking on Abort. This will commit the error message to memory and you can proceed to paste it here. Unfortunately, Fatal Errors will force you to shut-down the game entirely.

Known Glitches: [TBU]

Version History:
V. 0.11a
. Various bug fixes, game modes, and character behaviors.

IMPORTANT: As of 0.11, I've decided to split the project into two builds - a supporter build (s-build/sb) and a public build (p-build/pb). Please note that as much as I enjoy working on this project, it still takes quite a bit of time and effort to develop. Becoming a supporter will seriously help alot in keeping this project going. The s-build (and additional benefits) is available to supporters at the project's itch.io page.

Currently, you can use the link below to access the public build. The only difference between the p-build and s-build, at this stage, is not being able to play as some of the new originals and high tier monsters in the former:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qh1sqvkf02rr ... b.zip?dl=0

Alternatively, if you're interested in becoming a supporter/advanced supporter, you can visit the project's itch.io page below:
https://mhg2020.itch.io/godzilla-omniverse

V. 0.11
. Project overhaul

V. 0.10
. Initial release

Feel free to post any ideas, suggestions, criticisms, feedback or anything else.

Thanks!
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:31 am, edited 17 times in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: DaM REDUX (Kaijuu Daikessen Remake)

Post by UltimateDitto »

Holy crud! That looks good! I'm digging that Shin Godzilla, hopefully we'll get more new playable monsters, I know BurningGodzillaLord has a Monster X spritesheet that could hopefully be used for this, if asked for permission.

There's also a nifty Gezora spritesheet by zillagamer that would work for this game, not many fan games have a playable Gezora. ;)
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltimateDitto wrote:Holy crud! That looks good! I'm digging that Shin Godzilla, hopefully we'll get more new playable monsters, I know BurningGodzillaLord has a Monster X spritesheet that could hopefully be used for this, if asked for permission.

There's also a nifty Gezora spritesheet by zillagamer that would work for this game, not many fan games have a playable Gezora. ;)
Grand King Ghidorah is in apparently - can't wait to see that in motion. I think it all comes down to style - Gezora might clash to much but you can polish it by adding some colors in. Shouldn't be to hard since I think GIMP can do that for you.

I would donate my Bagan and if I can ever settle on a design, my KD style SpaceGodzilla. You can probably use Pivot or a similar armature program to bone and apply segments. I've tired but never got that far into it.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Ooh! Those are awesome! The best i can do is mesh Pokemon Sprites together so far. :tearsofjoy: Anywho, this project has got me hyped!

I'm very interested to see Grand King Ghidorah. Maybe he could use that king kong from the PJ mobile game, just add a more brown tint to it and you got a good King Kong Escapes Kong!
Spoiler:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Props to whoever made that Shin Goji sprite.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ooohkay - I did some shifty splicing and I manged to get NoName to be the thread OP and the first post. I wanted to merge both threads but it kept me as the OP and I don't want that.
NoName wrote:A special thanks to SpaceG92 for posting a bump on the project beforehand. Thanks for that! Though I think you may want to close that thread. Since the screenshots have already been posted, here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27175
See above :P

NoName wrote:Feel free to post any ideas, suggestions, criticisms, feedback or anything else.

Thanks!
No doubt I'll be downloading this in the near future! Again, you did some fantastic work on this project! :D

On the "ideas" side - when is that Shin sprite getting a public release? :angel: :lol: I'm in love with it. Absolutely grade A work. I'll post some actually constructive feedback once I get around to dl'ing the game.

Original post below the break
Not mine but i'm going to drop a bump here for it. It's shaping up rather well.

Sourced - DeviantArt
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

SIGN. ME. UP. :applause:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thanks everyone for the generous input!

@SpaceG92:

Great work with the splicing! That was a great idea.
On the "ideas" side - when is that Shin sprite getting a public release? :angel: :lol: I'm in love with it. Absolutely grade A work. I'll post some actually constructive feedback once I get around to dl'ing the game.
I'm glad you like it! I intend to release all the game's resources (sprites, source code etc.) via the game's editable itself when there is a substantial amount of content (especially new characters) in it. I could release the Shin sprite soon but the canvas sheets in which they were made (one pre-tail, one post tail) have all the animations haphazardly arranged, making it a bit of a hassle to re-arrange them properly in a sprite sheet format. With the editable, they are neatly organized, easily identifiable, and have transparency applied already. I think it would be convenient to just release all sprites in a few shots when there's enough characters in the game, rather than trickling them down.

Also, the Bagan sprite is great, but that SpaceGodzilla sprite is especially superb. My only suggestion would be to maybe add some height and fatten the legs a bit, but that's up to you. Let me know if you'd like to collaborate on it some time. Same with Bagan.

@UltimateDitto

More monsters to come for sure (Gezora would be an interesting addition - will definitely consider). Also, thanks for bringing that fierce Kong sprite sheet to my attention. Though it looks great and is adequately complete, it has some anti-alias issues, but these can be addressed later on.

Added in 19 hours 12 minutes 35 seconds:
Just a small update.

October Progress Update for V. 0.11:

. Grand King Ghidora sprites are nearing completion.
. Ground-work for interactive building mechanics almost done. Includes ability to destroy individual block parts of buildings, sinking after sustaining significant damage, and toppling down if the lower parts take too much damage.
. Floor destruction works, but will require tweaking before being added.
. Game has been ported to newer engine.
. Roster for V. 11 will include:
. Grand King Ghidora (second boss character)
. Godzilla 90s
. Mothra
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Awesome. :D

I ♡ Image

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

November - December update:

GKG sprites complete. Zilla in progress. Preview with height comparison:

Additionally, V. 0.11 will include 10 characters. Three old, 7 new. Right now, GKG, Zilla and Final form Destroyah are expected. Remaining 4 will be decided upon later.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

That Zilla looks super good!

I ♡ Image

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thanks UltimateDitto!

Will surely look even better in-game!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NoName wrote:November - December update:

GKG sprites complete. Zilla in progress. Preview with height comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/OdW8cb1.png
Additionally, V. 0.11 will include 10 characters. Three old, 7 new. Right now, GKG, Zilla and Final form Destroyah are expected. Remaining 4 will be decided upon later.
Takes off glasses,

Dat zilla but damn that height! Muh oc'd! Reminds me ALOT of the ultimate Godzilla - who's the author of that bad boy? Got teaser images for Destoroyah and GKG? :P I'm getting pumped.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thank you SpaceG92!

The height is an estimation of scaling in effect. Not sure how accurate it is but I was just going by memory. In any case, bigger = better imo :D (within reasonable scale of course).

Zilla and Des are both locked in. Don't have teaser images atm unfortunately. Des is going to be made with Tekkouten's(sp?) sprites but with several modifications. I don't have it yet, but it should roll around soon. As for GKG, though the sprites are done, I have yet to add him into the project. I'd rather he was demonstrated doing things within the game, rather than display the sprite itself since its based off an existing sheet.

More to come soon!
Last edited by _MHG_ on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why is GINO so much larger than Godzilla?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

LegendZilla wrote:Why is GINO so much larger than Godzilla?
Assuming it's Final Wars Zilla, who is 90 meters, and original Heisei Godzilla (pre-recharge) at 80 meters, it's about right. Or GINO (60 meters) and one of the Millennium Godzillas (50-55 meters). Either way, the height fits.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Recorded some videos of the game, I really like that you can shoot down Garuda.

Now I have a strange question, guys think you can find a way to put masers in? Or Zone Fighter?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Wow! This looks incredible! Can't wait to see future updates and improvements. Also, will you be adding other new monsters outside the ones listed in the first post?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

@Living Corpse:
Thanks, much appreciated!
Masers, tanks, airplanes and helicopter gunships will all make an appearance for players to crush and blow up. I will consider Zone Fighter.

@GodzillaFreak99
Thank you! New monsters are first priority. The Daikessen cast is mostly done, but monsters from Battle Legends will probably come much later after more newer monsters have been added. Updates will be posted as development progresses.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

If there is one complaint I have though, The sprites are a little too small for my liking, but that's about it. ...and my poor eyesight doesn't exactly help matters. lol.
Last edited by GodzillaFreak99 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.