Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD Reconstruction

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD Reconstruction

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I'm not sure what the font is; it's a shame they didn't use the same font they did for their other Toho movies (Lisbon CG, I think). It's a really good-looking font, and the new one is, well, less so.

And I'll try and get those raw images to you sometime tomorrow, I'm pretty swamped with school work tonight

EDIT: I'm also downloading the new LD rip just to have a look at it; the video is still downloading but I listened to the audio and it sounds phenomenal.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I MAY HAVE FOUND THE FONT TO THE CREDITS!!! It's very,very close to it. It's called Square721 BT Bold.

Here's an image of the character set

Here's the link: http://fontsov.com/font/square721btbold2740.html <--(Right-click and click 'open in new tab'!)

I hope this will help! :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

It's close, but looking at the lowercase letters it's not quite the right font. I wouldn't suggest trying to recreate the lettering unless you can find a precise match.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

You're right. The lowercase y is the only thing not accurate.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

Where are people downloading the laserdisc rip? I'd like to check it out myself.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Servanov wrote:Where are people downloading the laserdisc rip? I'd like to check it out myself.
Me too. I would like a rip of it, too. I wanna see if it's true that LaserDisc has better quality than VHS. :)

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

I own a few laserdiscs and YES, laserdisc has FAR superior quality. I just wanted to see the laserdisc that they are referring to. Just look up 'laserdisc vs vhs' in google images and you will get a good idea.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Interesting.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I own the aip dub on DVD-R, its way better than the dub on the kraken DVD for sure.
Although mine isn't HD by any means, but oh well.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

How about masking the AIP credits over the Kraken Blu-ray credits? I'm sure omgitsgodzilla might know a thing or two when he does his reconstructions.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I think that's what he was planning to do; he mentioned something like that when he first messaged me.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Good, because I've been trying to look for the font for hours, but no avail.

Servanov
Monsterland Worker

Post by Servanov »

You could try to create a new font based on the same one, and edit the 'y'. I don't know much about making fonts, though.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Servanov wrote:You could try to create a new font based on the same one, and edit the 'y'. I don't know much about making fonts, though.
Neither do I.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Sorry about the lack of communication this past weekend...it's been a busy, non-Godzilla-related one. Thank you all for your suggestions and help. Unfortunately, the font is not a good match, so I'm going to be vectoring the hard way. Here's a look at what I've accomplished just this morning.
http://imgur.com/a/kf7LS
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

That's actually not bad. Just smooth out the edges, adjust the brightness and contrast, and you are good. :huge:

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

That's pretty good! I might have to look into that method; usually I use the magic wand tool on paint.net for that sort of thing, which doesn't always work perfectly.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I sometimes do that, too.

Added in 7 hours 49 minutes 5 seconds:
So, how's it going with the reconstruction?

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:So, how's it going with the reconstruction?
It's going slowly. I've had a very long and busy week at work and I've been getting home too late to do any significant work on this (I work nights and commute 60 miles each way). However, I've made some progress on editing out the Bluray print's titles and matting a hybrid of the HDTV print and, in small patches, the laserdisc print. Currently I'm about 4 shots in.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

That's fantastic, and I know houw you feel. For me, college life is really Really REALLY busy and hard.

Added in 7 hours 2 minutes 25 seconds:
I made a custom-made DVD cover for GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER. And this time, I put MORE work in it than I did for GODZILLA VS. THE SEA MONSTER. When do you want me to put it up for you to see? :)