Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Trike7117
Yojimbo

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Trike7117 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:24 am This Manda looks alright. If maybe a bit too stylized.

That manda Denfinently could use more horns on the head also about the behemoth yeah while I like the elephant head (though personally I think a mammoth head would of been better) it does feel like it’s missing some muscle and hair

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Since we’re on the topic of Manda and Behemoth, here are my takes on the two.

Manda (up in the top):

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -842771854

In my reimagining of the character, he is a giant amphibian, being a member of the Axolotl family. Closely related to the Lesser Siren.

My take on Behemoth from a while back:

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -845886339

I tried to go for a more ‘natural’ look for him, like something that could have evolved in nature. He’s a relative of the modern tapir.

The offspring of Frankenstein (Not my drawings):

https://www.deviantart.com/hypoem87/art ... -855986466

https://www.deviantart.com/105697/art/M ... -848241443

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Ooooh! Mind posting a full body drawing of that organic Gigan of yours?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

My takes on the kaiju partners in crime, Gigan and Megalon:

(Old drawing)
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -800702439

Gigan: It is unknown who created Gigan, or what purpose it serves, but what is know about it is that it originates from space and is an incredibly dangerous creature.

(Old drawing)
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -829256364

Gigan: From the outer reaches of space, this bizarre looking kaiju is a bio-mechanical creation of an unknown race of aliens for unknown reasons, but can be assumed it was for military/weaponry purposes. When humans first encountered the space kaiju, he was given the name: Gigan. He and King Ghidorah seem to have a mutual partnership, but hardly get along w/ each other. Gigan is very sadistic and a bully. Often picking fights against the other earth monsters in an attempt to rise up in the hierarchy of monsters, but never getting far. Because of this, he resorts to taking his aggression out on humans. Godzilla or some other monster usually has to put him in his place. He appears to be the most “aware” of his existence, and has the mos human-like mannerisms. Gigan hardly stays in the same place for long, often exploring the various corners of earth and gathering information on the other lifeforms of this strange planet.

Megalon: Megalon is a member of a giant species of beetle that lives in the deep underground caverns, dubbed: The Hollow Earth. They normally live in colonies in the hundreds, but this particular individual has claimed the surface world his territory. Most likely due to the abundance of food and lack of competition w/ other megalons. He tends to stay away from major cities or human populated areas. His “drills” function similar to the hind legs of planthopper nymphs Issus coleoptratus. Above his beady little eyes are large false ones, an adaptation most likely to fool or confuse predators. Megalon has the unique (and very strange) ability to produce explosive spitballs. He mixes the chemicals in his mouth into a “bubbles” and fires at the target. This amazing ability of megalons is similar to wha their relatives, the bombardier beetle, can do.

Story: The space monster met Megalon at the foot of a large cliff one day while out patrolling the skies. He went in to investigate what the other kaiju was doing. Upon closer inspection, he saw that the megalon was drilling away at a boulder lodged in the earth and eating the upturned plant matter and minerals. Gigan was intrigued by this earth monster as it too had hands like his own. Eventually the megalon noticed the being standing behind him and watching his actions. As long as Megalon wasn’t bothered by the strange kaiju, he’d just continued on digging. Gigan noticed the other kaiju struggling w/ a particularly large boulder and went in to assist. With a large swing of his claw he cracked the boulder into smaller pieces. The giant beetle was surprised and stunned by the other kaiju. Gigan followed the beetle everywhere. Megalon didn’t mind the space kaiju, but still kept his guard up just in case. Months passed, and Megalon eased up a bit and had even allowed him to be in close proximity to himself. This was because he provided aid in his foraging of food and other basic tasks. Gigan’s influence on the bug giant can be noticed as the two often raid small villages for food, usually the livestock. Something that Megalon in the past wouldn’t normally do.

Now the two kaiju, Gigan and Megalon, were partners in crime and caused trouble for humans whenever and wherever they go.

merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

https://www.deviantart.com/ryaquaza1/ar ... -865885672

Here's another one of ryaquaza1's works, this time on Anguirus. While I liked what he was going for, I kinda wish it didn't look so shrink-wrapped.
he/him 17

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Reminds me of Anguirus Hound.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

King Caesar by SpaceDragon14!
His new hairdo and body are nice but I do think the snout is just a lil too long.

merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

he looks too uhm, naked. he needs some stone on his body.
he/him 17

Trike7117
Yojimbo

Post by Trike7117 »

ArtMaker wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:42 am My takes on the kaiju partners in crime, Gigan and Megalon:

(Old drawing)
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -800702439

Gigan: It is unknown who created Gigan, or what purpose it serves, but what is know about it is that it originates from space and is an incredibly dangerous creature.

(Old drawing)
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -829256364

Gigan: From the outer reaches of space, this bizarre looking kaiju is a bio-mechanical creation of an unknown race of aliens for unknown reasons, but can be assumed it was for military/weaponry purposes. When humans first encountered the space kaiju, he was given the name: Gigan. He and King Ghidorah seem to have a mutual partnership, but hardly get along w/ each other. Gigan is very sadistic and a bully. Often picking fights against the other earth monsters in an attempt to rise up in the hierarchy of monsters, but never getting far. Because of this, he resorts to taking his aggression out on humans. Godzilla or some other monster usually has to put him in his place. He appears to be the most “aware” of his existence, and has the mos human-like mannerisms. Gigan hardly stays in the same place for long, often exploring the various corners of earth and gathering information on the other lifeforms of this strange planet.

Megalon: Megalon is a member of a giant species of beetle that lives in the deep underground caverns, dubbed: The Hollow Earth. They normally live in colonies in the hundreds, but this particular individual has claimed the surface world his territory. Most likely due to the abundance of food and lack of competition w/ other megalons. He tends to stay away from major cities or human populated areas. His “drills” function similar to the hind legs of planthopper nymphs Issus coleoptratus. Above his beady little eyes are large false ones, an adaptation most likely to fool or confuse predators. Megalon has the unique (and very strange) ability to produce explosive spitballs. He mixes the chemicals in his mouth into a “bubbles” and fires at the target. This amazing ability of megalons is similar to wha their relatives, the bombardier beetle, can do.

Story: The space monster met Megalon at the foot of a large cliff one day while out patrolling the skies. He went in to investigate what the other kaiju was doing. Upon closer inspection, he saw that the megalon was drilling away at a boulder lodged in the earth and eating the upturned plant matter and minerals. Gigan was intrigued by this earth monster as it too had hands like his own. Eventually the megalon noticed the being standing behind him and watching his actions. As long as Megalon wasn’t bothered by the strange kaiju, he’d just continued on digging. Gigan noticed the other kaiju struggling w/ a particularly large boulder and went in to assist. With a large swing of his claw he cracked the boulder into smaller pieces. The giant beetle was surprised and stunned by the other kaiju. Gigan followed the beetle everywhere. Megalon didn’t mind the space kaiju, but still kept his guard up just in case. Months passed, and Megalon eased up a bit and had even allowed him to be in close proximity to himself. This was because he provided aid in his foraging of food and other basic tasks. Gigan’s influence on the bug giant can be noticed as the two often raid small villages for food, usually the livestock. Something that Megalon in the past wouldn’t normally do.

Now the two kaiju, Gigan and Megalon, were partners in crime and caused trouble for humans whenever and wherever they go.
Honestly I really like that Godzilla redesign all it needs is the Godzilla plates and a less awkwardly positioned tail and it would be perfect

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's a pretty cool reimagining of Ultraman. Also, why does removing the mouth of a Kyodai Hero mask always make it look cooler?

BazingaMan
Young Farmer

Post by BazingaMan »

The design doesn’t really do it for me, I think it mostly has to do with usage of red on the whole thing, and how little there is of it. I feel like the prominent use of red on the original design helps outline some of the more important bits on his body, like his face, color timer, and joints.
Last edited by BazingaMan on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Trike7117 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:53 pm

Honestly I really like that Godzilla redesign all it needs is the Godzilla plates and a less awkwardly positioned tail and it would be perfect

Thanks.

A few quick notes: that is Baby Godzilla/Godzilla Jr. there just to be clear, and to explain the awkward stance here he’s still a newborn (plus I ran out of room on the paper, so... yeah) his back spines (originally a sail) are like that because unlike his stepfather, who received full exposure to a nuclear blast thus creating the trademarks dorsal plates, the radiation of the contaminated island effected him awhile as an egg so his sail didn’t properly develop.

Here a few alternate versions of my take on the king himself, Godzilla, in the adult phase of the Gojiradon species:

(Ver. 1)
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -829432605

(Ver. 2)
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -862840568

(Ver. 3)

Let me know what your thoughts on them are. Could use some assistance w/ figuring out which route to go w/ him design wise. Much appreciated.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's a redesign of Geed Primitive that I really like.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ArtMaker wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Thanks.

A few quick notes: that is Baby Godzilla/Godzilla Jr. there just to be clear, and to explain the awkward stance here he’s still a newborn (plus I ran out of room on the paper, so... yeah) his back spines (originally a sail) are like that because unlike his stepfather, who received full exposure to a nuclear blast thus creating the trademarks dorsal plates, the radiation of the contaminated island effected him awhile as an egg so his sail didn’t properly develop.

Here a few alternate versions of my take on the king himself, Godzilla, in the adult phase of the Gojiradon species:

(Ver. 1)

(Ver. 2)

(Ver. 3)

Let me know what your thoughts on them are. Could use some assistance w/ figuring out which route to go w/ him design wise. Much appreciated.
Do you turned Godzilla into a Dimetrodont synapsid?

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks.

(Ver. 1)

(Ver. 2)

(Ver. 3)

Yes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ArtMaker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:31 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks.

(Ver. 1)

(Ver. 2)

(Ver. 3)

Yes.
I made a whole thread dedicated to the idea of Godzilla being a synapsid in the General Films section. Also do you mind if I made a request?

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:50 pm
I made a whole thread dedicated to the idea of Godzilla being a synapsid in the General Films section. Also do you mind if I made a request?
I guess.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Trike7117
Yojimbo

Post by Trike7117 »

Replying to artmaker: I geuss if ya want my thoughts on your Godzilla design I will first start on the positives the overall idea of having Godzilla be synapsid is overall very unique and isn’t something ever before done I do also like the coloration of the second one now onto the negatives my main issue with the design is that it just doesn’t feel like Godzilla or have any intimidation to it I’d suggest lengthening the neck as it’s head being on on the body with such a short neck looks really awkward to me I’d also suggest maybe putting more dorsal plates that lead down to the tail like don’t get me wrong I get what you were going for having the spines be the sail of the dimetrodon but it overall looks strange having them end so abruptly speaking of the tail i overall very much like the more aquatic approach you went with though I don’t really get the spike sticking out at the end thought that was gorosaurus,s thing and if I did have a final criticism it would probably be the texture it doesn’t really look scaly overall it’s a decent start that I can see very much leading to a great design.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

https://www.deviantart.com/thegreatestl ... -495164087
I'm liking Biollante's design reminds me of Legion, an eye would be nice though

Moguera looks cool too.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image