Prehistoric Kingdom: Scientifically Accurate Jurassic Park!

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Prehistoric Kingdom: Scientifically Accurate Jurassic Park!

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Actually if this game is a spinoff of Prehistoric Park then it is connected to the Walking With series. Both series are produced by Jasper James and Impossible Pictures. They even reuse some of the same CG assests.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I can't wait for this game! I'm guessing the full release won't be until 2022.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Trailer just released today, narrated by Nigel Marvin, and what he says about microraptors confirms it takes place in the same universe as Prehistoric Park.
Wait a minute, Prehistoric Park was a spin-off from Chased By Dinosaurs and Chased By Dinosaurs was a spin-off of Walking With Dinosaurs

YES

Also wow I'm completely out of the loop on PreHistoric Kingdom I stopped following it I think back in 2018 once JP: Evolution came out and the whole business with the Isle, Mesozoica, let me tired of following indie Dinosaur projects for a bit. A lot has happened since then, this is fantastic!
Last edited by ROMG4 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

ROMG4 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Trailer just released today, narrated by Nigel Marvin, and what he says about microraptors confirms it takes place in the same universe as Prehistoric Park.
Wait a minute, Prehistoric Park was a spin-off from Chased By Dinosaurs and Chased By Dinosaurs was a spin-off of Walking With Dinosaurs

YES

Also wow I'm completely out of the loop on PreHistoric Kingdom I stopped following it I think back in 2018 once JP: Evolution came out and the whole business with the Isle, Mesozoica, let me tired of following indie Dinosaur projects for a bit. A lot has happened since then, this is fantastic!
I never even knew this game even existed to begin with until recently. So when I saw that a scientifically accurate dinosaur theme park/zoo builder was being made, I was instantly intrigued.

And then the trailer came out and confirmed my purchase before it's even happened.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Have they said when specifically this game was gonna be released? I keep looking it up, but I can never find anything.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 pm Have they said when specifically this game was gonna be released? I keep looking it up, but I can never find anything.
Alpha is gonna be released March 19th, early access Q2 this year, and full release planned for 2022
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Oh yes. This and Path Of Titans have me hyped.

also, confirmed alpha release species list
Spoiler:

Dinosaurs: Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Deinocherius, Edmontosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Nasutoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Protoceratops, Styracosaurus, Torvosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus, and 5 unspecified species.

Mammals: Mammuthus primigenius, Smilodon, and Coleodanta

Mini-Exhibits: Microraptor and another unspecified surprise release

Great starting list, though I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm hyped to see more mammals and Paleozoic beasties later on down the road

RIP Evan.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Oh I didnt realise this thread existed

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 am Oh yes. This and Path Of Titans have me hyped.

also, confirmed alpha release species list
Spoiler:

Dinosaurs: Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Deinocherius, Edmontosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Nasutoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Protoceratops, Styracosaurus, Torvosaurus, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus, and 5 unspecified species.

Mammals: Mammuthus primigenius, Smilodon, and Coleodanta

Mini-Exhibits: Microraptor and another unspecified surprise release

Great starting list, though I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm hyped to see more mammals and Paleozoic beasties later on down the road
They revealed Archaeopteryx. Honestly, I love it more than the Microraptor. Super glad they included it.
Now, can we have a mini Tiktaalik tank, please?

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I love the game's Styracosaurus skins.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Allosaurus looks awesome.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:53 am
Kiryu2012 wrote:Definitely glad to see Nigel Marvin's involved with this project, though I've heard the official Discord server has poop like slurs not being bannable offenses and there being plenty of racism and such. I've thus definitely got mixed feelings about this game right now.
The discord is a mess. They're the type of people that only like "scientific accuracy" when it agrees with their preconceived notions and they are massive hipsters. Like, they HATE the Rise and Fall of Dinosaurs, you know, the book that won best science book of the year and is pretty much unanimously loved by the paleontology community. They hate it because it talks about popular dinosaurs and had a chapter about T rex that talked about how successful and highly evolved it was and had the audacity to not poop on it like they do.
Uh, no? I came onto the discord in February of last year as that type of person, but after talking about it with some of the regulars I realised that T. rex deserved every ounce of respect it was given. I have seen mixed views on Rise and fall though, mainly because it inaccurately stated Tyrannosaurus could have reached primate-level intelligence, something which the author later corrected on his twitter. Are you talking about the Path of Titans discord or

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:48 pm
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Great. ANOTHER park simulator. :roll:
I know. We really need some more wild dinosaur games, especially where you can play as them
I SERIOUSLY hope you are joking.

Park Sims:
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Mesozoica (Scam Game)
Jurassic World: Evolution (Neutered for consoles)
Prehistoric Kingdom
Jurassic World: Evolution 2

Dino sims:
The Isle
Path of Titans
Beasts of Bermuda
Saurian
Beasts of 9500
Isles of Yore
The Archotek Project
Historia
Dinosaurs: Prehistoric Survivors
Prehistoric Marine Monsters

The dinosaur simulator market is so saturated that it's honestly comical.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:11 pm The Allosaurus looks awesome.
That's an old model, by the way. The newer one looks much nicer

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^Hey man, let's try to keep these multiple replies condensed into single posts. Thanks!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:48 pm
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Great. ANOTHER park simulator. :roll:
I know. We really need some more wild dinosaur games, especially where you can play as them
I SERIOUSLY hope you are joking.

Park Sims:
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
Mesozoica (Scam Game)
Jurassic World: Evolution (Neutered for consoles)
Prehistoric Kingdom
Jurassic World: Evolution 2

Dino sims:
The Isle
Path of Titans
Beasts of Bermuda
Saurian
Beasts of 9500
Isles of Yore
The Archotek Project
Historia
Dinosaurs: Prehistoric Survivors
Prehistoric Marine Monsters

The dinosaur simulator market is so saturated that it's honestly comical.
I've never even heard of half those games.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

TheRealSpinoRex wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote:Definitely glad to see Nigel Marvin's involved with this project, though I've heard the official Discord server has poop like slurs not being bannable offenses and there being plenty of racism and such. I've thus definitely got mixed feelings about this game right now.
The discord is a mess. They're the type of people that only like "scientific accuracy" when it agrees with their preconceived notions and they are massive hipsters. Like, they HATE the Rise and Fall of Dinosaurs, you know, the book that won best science book of the year and is pretty much unanimously loved by the paleontology community. They hate it because it talks about popular dinosaurs and had a chapter about T rex that talked about how successful and highly evolved it was and had the audacity to not poop on it like they do.
Uh, no? I came onto the discord in February of last year as that type of person, but after talking about it with some of the regulars I realised that T. rex deserved every ounce of respect it was given. I have seen mixed views on Rise and fall though, mainly because it inaccurately stated Tyrannosaurus could have reached primate-level intelligence, something which the author later corrected on his twitter. Are you talking about the Path of Titans discord or
Maybe it’s changed since I was there. As you can see, that post you replied to is over a year old. I hope what you’re saying is true and they have changed. Because they were the type of people that would be like “t rex is too mainstream, I like saurophaganax (until it was invalidated as a genus lol)”
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:55 pm
TheRealSpinoRex wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm
Maybe it’s changed since I was there. As you can see, that post you replied to is over a year old. I hope what you’re saying is true and they have changed. Because they were the type of people that would be like “t rex is too mainstream, I like saurophaganax (until it was invalidated as a genus lol)”
Your post is from after i joined

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Early access, April 27th.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Early access was on sale early so I picked it up. Liking what I'm seeing so far! I sense good things coming for this game.