new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: new kaiju based game "Giga Bash"

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Yeah I never linked the arctic thing, thank you for sharing it, I didn't find lots of the other stuff! Spooky woolley is awesome!!

Honestly going back to their "weather effects" tweet (showing diff lighting and stuff) makes the game's lighting look kinda more dynamic than it does in demo footage. I'll link the tweet in an edit soon and compare, but it'd be badass if there were an enhanced version of the game on PS5 and such with those cool lighting and maybe ray-tracing FX.

Anyways, hm wonder what creepy woolley is for!

Outside of obvious game content footage, there is also a dev log section of the Gigabash website that is "coming soon". Also the discord they mentioned, so wonder when that'll all begin

Good finds Cryptid!

EDIT: Hey y'all found a bit of a goldmine, saw it a while back but forgot to analyze it deeply.
Spoiler:
Here we can see early character concepts as well as gameplay of the snow stage!
When observing the character concepts, I noticed the ones we know of have areas listed next to their name. "City" is listed beside Gigaman. I believe each kaiju will reside in a certain area in the game's campaign mode, very exciting if true! We see "lava" beside Gorogong, which I assume implies there will be a lava theme stage (if y'all watch the video, you can see a sketch of a volcanic stage which could be their early concept for the lava stage)
We also see "cornfield" beside Pipijuras and a VERY unique looking kaiju with four long legs and seemingly one large eye. Of course, these designs could be far different, this is very early footage. As for the other location names, I can't quite make them out.
There are more little bits I found, if you wanna see for yourself go to the media section of the Gigabash website and watch the Behind the Scenes video they have uploaded.
I see "Tokyo/city" besides Thundatross (which doesn't suprise me since it's confirmed that Thundatross does originate in Japan) and "lump" besides Woolley (wonder what that means). I'm intrigued by the aforementioned quadruped and those amorphous creature accompanied with the word "hugg"(?).

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Oh, it probably does say Lump besides Woolley. Yeah hard to make out what they mean by that.

But yeah the snow stage seems more dynamic than I anticipated. It seems there's a deep body of water inside the play-area, so I wonder how that would affect gameplay If possible to actually go in the water/swim.

Also I'll point out from the video, on the whiteboard, there's a section showing a presumed concept stage with writing beside it that says "fight on an alien ship"
I can't make out what it says beside it, but it seems to describe the concept of a funneling stage where you can fall deep down the middle. This might not be used or anything, but seems like an awesome concept. I LOVE the diversity in the kaiju and stage designs, this game seems so vibrant and full of fun and life. No two stages seem too similar or lack passion, it's awesome.

Compiling known and speculated stages, my attempt at a stage list is as follows:
- Tokyo
- Tokyo Night
- Hawaii
- Ruins of Tarabak
- Russia
- Area 51
- Temple
- Snow Stage
- Volcanic Lava Stage
- Cornfield Stage
- Alien Ship Stage
- ???

There is still the fact they mentioned the game features 6 biomes, but I don't know if the stage designs will be strictly based on them, it seems they are aiming for a very diverse stage list.

Okay actually, as I analyze more, I notice more and more things. Y'all, check this image and see for yourself:

I didn't realize before, but the concept design on the right even says "Cornfield" beside it! The one above seems to be a snow stage, and below is a volcano/lava stage. It's hard to make out, but it seems the Cornfield stage (if the concept is even the cornfield stage) has a large windmill, and what could potentially say "tornado" above it, which would make sense as a hazard. I can also see some mine-cart looking rail road tracks.

Okay, stages aside, I can see details on the online play on the right side of this image I linked here:
It basically just says the game should have dedicated P2P servers, which is awesome for the game's competitive side!!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:Oh, it probably does say Lump besides Woolley. Yeah hard to make out what they mean by that.

But yeah the snow stage seems more dynamic than I anticipated. It seems there's a deep body of water inside the play-area, so I wonder how that would affect gameplay If possible to actually go in the water/swim.

Also I'll point out from the video, on the whiteboard, there's a section showing a presumed concept stage with writing beside it that says "fight on an alien ship"
I can't make out what it says beside it, but it seems to describe the concept of a funneling stage where you can fall deep down the middle. This might not be used or anything, but seems like an awesome concept. I LOVE the diversity in the kaiju and stage designs, this game seems so vibrant and full of fun and life. No two stages seem too similar or lack passion, it's awesome.

Compiling known and speculated stages, my attempt at a stage list is as follows:
- Tokyo
- Tokyo Night
- Hawaii
- Ruins of Tarabak
- Russia
- Area 51
- Temple
- Snow Stage
- Volcanic Lava Stage
- Cornfield Stage
- Alien Ship Stage
- ???

There is still the fact they mentioned the game features 6 biomes, but I don't know if the stage designs will be strictly based on them, it seems they are aiming for a very diverse stage list.

Okay actually, as I analyze more, I notice more and more things. Y'all, check this image and see for yourself:

I didn't realize before, but the concept design on the right even says "Cornfield" beside it! The one above seems to be a snow stage, and below is a volcano/lava stage. It's hard to make out, but it seems the Cornfield stage (if the concept is even the cornfield stage) has a large windmill, and what could potentially say "tornado" above it, which would make sense as a hazard. I can also see some mine-cart looking rail road tracks.

Okay, stages aside, I can see details on the online play on the right side of this image I linked here:
It basically just says the game should have dedicated P2P servers, which is awesome for the game's competitive side!!
I'm interested in that spaceship stage. Very WotM-esque. By the way, I'm thinking that could be Four Eyes' home.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

I'm interested in that spaceship stage. Very WotM-esque. By the way, I'm thinking that could be Four Eyes' home.
That'd make a lotta sense! :)

EDIT: I created a Gigabash news/fan account on Twitter, exclusively posting GigaBash related stuff and posting daily fun facts and such. Here it is if it interests you: https://twitter.com/GigabashNews
Last edited by EnerG on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:
That'd make a lotta sense! :)

EDIT: I created a Gigabash news/fan account on Twitter, exclusively posting GigaBash related stuff and posting daily fun facts and such. Here it is if it interests you: https://twitter.com/GigabashNews
I like the name "Gorogang". Never woulda thought about that, honestly.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the lava stage is Hawaii since it's been confirmed Gorogong originates there and the unique attribute of the map is a shrinking lava border.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the lava stage is Hawaii since it's been confirmed Gorogong originates there and the unique attribute of the map is a shrinking lava border.
Glad you like the name I appreciate that!:)

Oh wait, Gorogong is confirmed to originate in Hawaii? If you remember the source lemme know, but that's awesome, thank you for pointing that out!! Makes sense too 'cause the concept art said there would be a "Floor is lava" stage hazard, which of course is implemented into the Hawaii level

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:

Glad you like the name I appreciate that!:)

Oh wait, Gorogong is confirmed to originate in Hawaii? If you remember the source lemme know, but that's awesome, thank you for pointing that out!! Makes sense too 'cause the concept art said there would be a "Floor is lava" stage hazard, which of course is implemented into the Hawaii level
Go to the very beginnings of PassionRepublic's tweets and you should find it.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

^ Ah I found it! Awesome observation!!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

By the way, here's my theories on each monster's origins. (C) means confirmed.

GOROGONG (C): Woken up from hibernation in Hawaii.
THUNDATROSS (C): Built to protect Japan.
PIPIJURAS: Emerged from meteor that crashed in cornfield.
WOOLLEY: Detached from larger monster.
GIGA MAN: Either a human mutated by alien contact or a shapeshifting alien.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:By the way, here's my theories on each monster's origins. (C) means confirmed.

GOROGONG (C): Woken up from hibernation in Hawaii.
THUNDATROSS (C): Built to protect Japan.
PIPIJURAS: Emerged from meteor that crashed in cornfield.
WOOLLEY: Detached from larger monster.
GIGA MAN: Either a human mutated by alien contact or a shapeshifting alien.
Those are good predictions!

Given that Woolley turns into a snowball for one of their attacks, I'm guessing they will reside in the snow map :)

Not much new I've found, but obviously findings will slow down until we get a big news drop or trailer or something along those lines.

For the heck of it I theory-crafted a general moveset for George/Lizzie/Ralph (all playing the same as diff skins) in this game, but obviously there may never be guest kaiju.
Spoiler:
George/Lizzie/Ralph:
Attack: 3 hit-combo (inspired by punch animations in either Total Destruction or World Tour)

Special: Ground punch (all rampage games)

Hold attack: Charge punch (Total Destruction)

Hold special: Roar attack (World Tour + Total destruction)

Block attack: Junping high kick (World Tour)

Block special: Eat civilian (kaiju swipes downward and civilian appears in hand, regains little health but leaves you vulnerable. Also, kaiju throws civilian up into mouth, this ensures people hiding in trees will become noticed)

Dodge attack: Running right hook (based on third-punch animation in Total Destruction)

Dodge special: Running kick

Air maneuver: They have the ability to float by flapping their hands, similar to Pipijuras (World Tour)

Air attack: Kung-fu kick (World Tour)

Air hold attack: Jumping slam (Total Destruction)

Air special: Spin attack (Total Destruction)

Air hold special: Ball slam (World Tour)

Air command grab: One of the many throw animations from World Tour

Grab: Same as above

Intro animation: Match starts with them as civilians, they mutate into their giant monster forms

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

A man with 3 massive spikes of golden Goku-like hair. Looks familiar, doesn't it.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Image
A man with 3 massive spikes of golden Goku-like hair. Looks familiar, doesn't it.
Haha true reoccurring theme O:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
https://twitter.com/NgAikSern/status/12 ... 39104?s=20
Observe closely!
We can see names of unrevealed kaiju on the bottom of the computer screen, some hard to make out. Also the bug reports are fun to analyze, but I won't get into it here.

Names seem to include:
Rohana
Rawa
Gigaman
Snail (bug report)
Yoti (bug report)
Pipijuras (bug report)
Thundatross (bug report)
Gorogong (bug report)

This adds up to 8 kaiju. Notably missing is Woolley, and an unrevealed kaiju.

My theory is this: kaiju with "bug report" beside their name are further in development than kaiju without it beside their name. This image is from around 5 months ago, so obviously this isn't still the same today.

Woolley may be missing as they could have simply not found any reportable bugs for them, and the 10th kaiju could be missing as they might not have made it far enough in development at this point.

My guess is Rohana and Rawa are the two silhouettes after Snail and Gigaman. Both names seem to start with "R" and I could imagine them both being reptilian-inspired kaiju, which could be a fitting pair (sorta like Magmo and Agamo in War of the Monsters)
What do y'all think? Side note: The bug report notes are very promising for the quality of the game. I notice great reports that show they are paying solid attention to detail and are nicely critical of their own project, which again, seems very promising for the game's quality!

EDIT 2:
Spoiler:
More loading screens I found! One seems to show the silhouette for the snail kaiju.
These look so amazing, I'd love to purchase these for my wall, or a GigaBash shirt!
Last edited by EnerG on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Image
Haha true reoccurring theme O:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
https://twitter.com/NgAikSern/status/12 ... 39104?s=20
Observe closely!
We can see names of unrevealed kaiju on the bottom of the computer screen, some hard to make out. Also the bug reports are fun to analyze, but I won't get into it here.

Names seem to include:
Rohana
Rawa
Gigaman
Snail (bug report)
Yoti (bug report)
Pipijuras (bug report)
Thundatross (bug report)
Gorogong (bug report)

This adds up to 8 kaiju. Notably missing is Woolley, and an unrevealed kaiju.

My theory is this: kaiju with "bug report" beside their name are further in development than kaiju without it beside their name. This image is from around 5 months ago, so obviously this isn't still the same today.

Woolley may be missing as they could have simply not found any reportable bugs for them, and the 10th kaiju could be missing as they might not have made it far enough in development at this point.

My guess is Rohana and Rawa are the two silhouettes after Snail and Gigaman. Both names seem to start with "R" and I could imagine them both being reptilian-inspired kaiju, which could be a fitting pair (sorta like Magmo and Agamo in War of the Monsters)
What do y'all think? Side note: The bug report notes are very promising for the quality of the game. I notice great reports that show they are paying solid attention to detail and are nicely critical of their own project, which again, seems very promising for the game's quality!

EDIT 2:
Spoiler:
More loading screens I found! One seems to show the silhouette for the snail kaiju.
These look so amazing, I'd love to purchase these for my wall, or a GigaBash shirt!
How did you even see those names? I don't think they're final since the snail kaiju is just called Snail.

Your theory about Rohana and Rawa is pretty good. Personally, I think Yoti might be a yeti kaiju who fills the Kong role (more traditionally than Gorogong).

For some reason, I'm suprised that the snail kaiju doesn't have legs.

Added in 3 minutes 50 seconds:
Now that I look at the photo with the posters, I think I see Giga Man flying out of Woolley's mouth in the purple poster.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wonder which one the crystal monster's suppose to be?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

How did you even see those names? I don't think they're final since the snail kaiju is just called Snail.

Your theory about Rohana and Rawa is pretty good. Personally, I think Yoti might be a yeti kaiju who fills the Kong role (more traditionally than Gorogong).

For some reason, I'm suprised that the snail kaiju doesn't have legs.

Added in 3 minutes 50 seconds:
Now that I look at the photo with the posters, I think I see Giga Man flying out of Woolley's mouth in the purple poster.
Oh yeah I doubt the names are final, that'd be damn hilarious if they named the Snail "Snail."

How did I see them? You can find them if you zoom very close to the computer screen on the left, at the bottom of the screen. Not sure if you meant that literally or not lol, I just been really snooping around for more info :)

I've been trying to make out what that was supposed to be in Woolley's mouth. I still can't really tell but I believe you lol
tyrantgoji wrote:Wonder which one the crystal monster's suppose to be?
I'm just gonna guess Rohana as that sorta sounds like a fitting name. Also guessing it's the silhouette to the right of Gigaman, as the silhouette seems very spikey/crystal-like. (designs are not final and could be totally different I'm sure)

Yoti could be a yeti! I honestly don't really believe the silhouettes are ALL representative of the final designs, especially the last two.
I found this as part of the photo-booth set at one of the conventions Gigabash was at. It is also very close to the Tokyo "Gigaman" poster we have all seen by this point.

It could be a design for a playable kaiju, maybe. If anybody can translate what the text says, that may help.

EDIT: was easier than I thought. Here's what I got when translating:
Perhaps a kaiju named Pipidzu?

EDIT 2: sorry that was wrong lol.

Pipiji? seems very similar to pipijuras
Last edited by EnerG on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I can't wait for this game to release. Its been over a decade since Godzilla Unleashed it''ll be really interesting to see the brand new mechanics and gameplay done right. Maybe if Gigabash is successful it'll even inspire a new Godzilla fighting game down the line

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

ROMG4 wrote:I can't wait for this game to release. Its been over a decade since Godzilla Unleashed it''ll be really interesting to see the brand new mechanics and gameplay done right. Maybe if Gigabash is successful it'll even inspire a new Godzilla fighting game down the line
Yes I'm totally in that same boat! I feel like the last time I got an arcade kaiju game that satisfied me was Godzilla Unleashed back in 2007.

GigaBash finally seems to be reviving the style I love! Shoutouts to Dawn of the Monsters as well! A new Godzilla game would be absolutely amazing. Or even guest kaiju in this game too, who knows.

Happy to see you're excited :)
Last edited by EnerG on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So here's some speculation to revive the thread. First off, we have this mode select screen that was posted on EnerG's Gorogang Twitter.
While Battle is pretty obvious, I'm thinking Rampage will be similar to the offline modes of Godzilla VS, with a semi-arcade mode. Something to note is that unlike GVS, the Rampage mode can be multiplayer.

Next is about Pipijuras. We all know by now that it has 3 eyestalks on the top of his head. Well, looking at the Japanese symbols (can't tell the difference between katakana and kanji) for Pipi, it looks very similar to Pipijuras' eyestalks. I'm starting to think that the name was picked for that reason.

Speaking of Pipijuras, I think the last silhouette of the first character select screen on this thread might be related to Pipi somehow. I guess that's up to the Pipijury (get it?) to decide, though.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EnerG
Samurai

Post by EnerG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:So here's some speculation to revive the thread. First off, we have this mode select screen that was posted on EnerG's Gorogang Twitter.
While Battle is pretty obvious, I'm thinking Rampage will be similar to the offline modes of Godzilla VS, with a semi-arcade mode. Something to note is that unlike GVS, the Rampage mode can be multiplayer.

Next is about Pipijuras. We all know by now that it has 3 eyestalks on the top of his head. Well, looking at the Japanese symbols (can't tell the difference between katakana and kanji) for Pipi, I'm starting to think that the name was picked for that reason.

Speaking of Pipijuras, I think the last silhouette of the first character select screen on this thread might be related to Pipi somehow. I guess that's up to the Pipijury (get it?) to decide, though.
Hell yeah, more investigation :)

Yeah rampage mode sounds awesome! I'll go ahead and throw the stage screenshot here too as I hadn't posted it earlier

The silhouette theory could be accurate! That makes sense!
Last edited by EnerG on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EnerG wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:So here's some speculation to revive the thread. First off, we have this mode select screen that was posted on EnerG's Gorogang Twitter.

Next is about Pipijuras. We all know by now that it has 3 eyestalks on the top of his head. Well, looking at the Japanese symbols (can't tell the difference between katakana and kanji) for Pipi, I'm starting to think that the name was picked for that reason.

Hell yeah, more investigation :)

Yeah rampage mode sounds awesome! I'll go ahead and throw the stage screenshot here too as I hadn't posted it earlier

The silhouette theory could be accurate! That makes sense!
The Area 51 preview reminds me of the Kineticlops level from WotM.

Added in 3 days 10 hours 26 minutes 47 seconds:
Here's the post that mentions Gorogong in Hawaii. It also has a neat idle animation.
https://twitter.com/Tweet_PRG/status/11 ... 1121871872