Resident Evil Discussion Thread

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Resident Evil Discussion Thread

Post by NSZ »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:55 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 pm

I imagine the 2 main playable characters will be an Africa-American policeman who has ties with the STARS organization and a Japanese policewoman from the group's Japan-based equivalent.
I like that, there’s a of a more diverse cast in this, I only have 1 question, what viruses should infect Japan?
Do you think it should be a new type of virus, or pre-existing one? FYI, I am not that knowledgeable of RE lore, so could you give me a rundown of the different types of viruses in that Universe and explain how they affect people?
With viruses, there's the Progenitor Virus family: the t-Virus (Tyrant Virus), t-Veronica, G-Virus (Golgotha Virus), t+G Virus, Uroboros, t-Abyss, t-Phobos, C-Virus (Chrysalid Virus; hybridization of t-Veronica & the G-Virus), and the A-Virus (Animality Virus).

With parasites, there's NE-α (Nemesis Alpha), Las Plagas, and the Cadou.

And finally there's the most recent biological agent, the Mold.

Due to the sheer nightmarish volume of potential world ending nightmares, going in-depth on how they all differ from each other isn't exactly feasible for one forum post.

how the hell does anyone sleep in this franchise
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I imagine the 2 main playable characters will be an Africa-American policeman who has ties with the STARS organization and a Japanese policewoman from the group's Japan-based equivalent.
I like that, there’s a of a more diverse cast in this, I only have 1 question, what viruses should infect Japan?
Do you think it should be a new type of virus, or pre-existing one? FYI, I am not that knowledgeable of RE lore, so could you give me a rundown of the different types of viruses in that Universe and explain how they affect people?
I would like to have new types of viruses, hear what I would do with the new virus: it is a ancient parasite that was dug up from the Antarctica that is being Study and experimented on by a new Company they willing to make it a bio weapon. The parasite can duplicate itself in the victim body using the blood cell as nutrients, the parasite effects can differ on the gender of the victim, if it was a male, it would Focus on the offense, The muscle in the legs and arms are enhance making them go extreme speeds, The head with split in half with each side of the in Head cover with serrated teeth, The nails Will be in longer and sharpened making them deadly, if bitten or cut by these creatures you can be infected and shall turn within 30-50 minutes. if it was a female, it would focus on defense and reproduction, the bones Will be strengthen making it more harder for bullets it to penetrate, the muscle in the arms and legs are enhance making go Extreme speeds, the arms and legs are elongated making them reach farther distances, when a female is infected it take 50 Minutes- 2 hours, The egg of the female will be fertilized by the parasites, The fertilized egg will grow within 2 hours, making a hybrid of both species, when it’s time to hatch The infant will tear it way through the belly of the female and the infant escape through The area, the infant looks like a combine of The victims dna that it came from( Cat, Fox, Dog, Human) and the parasite which looks like an insect, these creatures will grow from size of a human infant to a size of a Bull. The ways you can “kill” them to cut off the limbs, when done the infected Will become inactive, fire is also a very effective way to dispose of these creatures.
So that is my take on how I would do what’s your thoughts? Any criticism?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:48 pm
I would like to have new types of viruses, hear what I would do with the new virus: it is a ancient parasite that was dug up from the Antarctica that is being Study and experimented on by a new Company they willing to make it a bio weapon. The parasite can duplicate itself in the victim body using the blood cell as nutrients, the parasite effects can differ on the gender of the victim, if it was a male, it would Focus on the offense, The muscle in the legs and arms are enhance making them go extreme speeds, The head with split in half with each side of the in Head cover with serrated teeth, The nails Will be in longer and sharpened making them deadly, if bitten or cut by these creatures you can be infected and shall turn within 30-50 minutes. if it was a female, it would focus on defense and reproduction, the bones Will be strengthen making it more harder for bullets it to penetrate, the muscle in the arms and legs are enhance making go Extreme speeds, the arms and legs are elongated making them reach farther distances, when a female is infected it take 50 Minutes- 2 hours, The egg of the female will be fertilized by the parasites, The fertilized egg will grow within 2 hours, making a hybrid of both species, when it’s time to hatch The infant will tear it way through the belly of the female and the infant escape through The area, the infant looks like a combine of The victims dna that it came from( Cat, Fox, Dog, Human) and the parasite which looks like an insect, these creatures will grow from size of a human infant to a size of a Bull. The ways you can “kill” them to cut off the limbs, when done the infected Will become inactive, fire is also a very effective way to dispose of these creatures.
Not a bad plan, Capcom should hire you! I imagine that the laboratory in which such a virus would be experimented with will be a (seemingly) uninhabited volcanic island off the coast of Tokyo. The company that runs the lab will have ties with the Yakuza.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Not a bad plan, Capcom should hire you! I imagine that the laboratory in which such a virus would be experimented with will be a (seemingly) uninhabited volcanic island off the coast of Tokyo. The company that runs the lab will have ties with the Yakuza.
That actually a pretty good idea, you give me another idea, you said
2 main playable characters, Africa-American policeman who has ties with the STARS organization and a Japanese policewoman from the group's Japan-based equivalent.
we could have the Africa-American STARS Policeman investigating recent evidence of a new virus or suspicions of the new company, while the Japanese policewoman investigate Yakuza for recent report of people going missing
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue May 25, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Perhaps the Japanese woman could be skilled on martial arts and handheld weapons (i.e swords). Her male counterpart will be a traditional gun/rocket wielder like old-school Resident Evil.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 pm ^Perhaps the Japanese woman could be skilled on martial arts and handheld weapons (i.e swords). Her male counterpart will be a traditional gun/rocket wielder like old-school Resident Evil.
I think I would go with the more horror route with the Male counterparts and with the Japanese woman have a little more action because she’s fighting the mafia but also have horrors elements too, I guess it would be a mixture of Re4 and Re2 remake, that’s how I would do it personally, but there’s no problem with your views

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Well I didn't finish Village this past weekend like I'd hoped but did get a lot done. I will probably finish it off this upcoming weekend or for sure next weekend. I want to finish it off soon so I can start Ratchet and Clank on PS5 when that drops in a few weeks.

So far really enjoying it though.
Spoiler:
I just beat the third boss and I'm on my way to Heisenberg's area. Going to do a bit more exploring though to get some treasure and other stuff.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

After thinking little bit, I think the game we came up with can work as a spin off, then maybe we can put the main characters
in the main games, could be a good way to introduce the new characters without forcing them in without introduction, I know this doesn’t apply to Re7 where we got to play as Ethan with little introduction, and we end up liking him a little bit, After then we got Re Village and I think they made his character better and more likable with the writing
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:48 pm
After thinking little bit, I think the game we came up with can work as a spin off, then maybe we can put the main characters
in the main games, could be a good way to introduce the new characters without forcing them in without introduction, I know this doesn’t apply to Re7 where we got to play as Ethan with little introduction, and we end up liking him a little bit, After then we got Re Village and I think they made his character better and more likable with the writing
What makes you think that our idea for a game would be better fit for a spin-off than a main entry?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:46 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:48 pm
What makes you think that our idea for a game would be better fit for a spin-off than a main entry?
I don’t know maybe I’m in the wrong here but I thought it would be a good way to introduce new characters but maybe I am wrong
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun May 30, 2021 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Finally finished Village today. I thought it was an amazing game still. It didn't replace my favorite game in the series which is still RE2. I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than I did RE7. Can't wait to see where Capcom takes the series after the RE4 remake.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Love Re8. I've beaten it once and I'm making my way through new game plus on a higher difficulty. It's fun replaying the game and finding secrets I missed as well as upgrading my items and other things. I really look forward to future instalments.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 pm
There’s also a one question, how did the outbreak started, maybe we can have the Yakuza sabotage some laugh experiment because of something went wrong with the deal they made with them and the company, like The company not giving them enough money or something else, any suggestions?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Finished Re8 on Village of Shadows Difficulty. It would have been near impossible if not for a special handgun you can purchase on the difficulty, and then even that it was rough. Following that, I played the game not he easiest difficulty setting (casual) and beat the game in two hours and ten mins. I really love Re8 and I want to get more/all achievements. I don't think I've ever been more invested in a game in recent history.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Just started playing Village, really enjoying it so far, though the ending, which I took it upon myself to watch on YouTube before playing or even purchasing the game, makes me wonder if the leaked rumors about RE9 (or whatever it ends up being called since they seem to have ditched the numbered entries moving forward) having the original 4 (Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire) are really true (and I'd love it if they were, especially if it ends up being their swan song). We saw what happened with RE6 when Capcom tried to cram too much into one game, and I think some of you know where I'm going with this.

I guess it's possible
Spoiler:
Rose's story
will be the Village DLC currently being worked on (by fan demand), but fuck me if we don't get that huge golden opportunity for Chris and Jill leading into RE9 (which I won't spoil, but I assume at least SOME of you know what I'm talking about), they've already wasted her potential enough coming off of RE5. And finally getting to see Jill and Claire (the two most important people in Chris' life and surviving females of Raccoon City) meet up and Jill-Leon (the two most popular RE characters and targets of the two souped-up Tyrants in Raccoon City) would be icing on the cake, but again, don't bite off more than you can chew.

Speaking of Chris, anyone else notice they changed his eyes AGAIN in Village? It looks like they went back to blue again. I know it seems like such a trivial thing to gloss over, but I just like consistency between my characters (and no, his face hasn't changed as much as some people let on up until RE7), and I like that he went back to blue since that's what they were in REmake (which technically supersedes RE1 in canon), just thought I'd throw that in.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Finally got back around to playing RE1 (haven't had the time to devote to it since I was stuck) but I finally got the mansion key. I'm getting there, I'm getting there! :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Did anyone pick up RE4?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Chris55 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:32 pm Did anyone pick up RE4?
Bought it, played it, loved it.

This is coming from a fan of the original. Some might say it's a restrained version of the original and is less unique as a result, but I personally think it makes the remake stand out more.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah I've been playing it. I absolutely love it. I beat it a week ago, and since then I've been going back and I'm currently on my second playthrough. It's fun playing it on a higher difficulty, but still feeling empowered because you have the same items+upgraded weapons from the first time around. I played the first time just enjoying it and finishing the story, doing the occasional errand or shooting gallery here and there, but now I'm going back through and dtrying to do everything. Crazy how much quicker the second playthrough.

Right now I'm trying to upgrade more weapons, and I need to check what weapons are avaiable for purchase upon the second playthough. I'm using a fully upgraded Red9, but I traded my Riot Gun for a stronger shotgun. I hope I made the right choice. Trying to save up for the infinite rocket launcher too. Not sure if I'll try to get all the trophies. It's sort of going to be my "go to" game before Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom releases.

Question for everyone that has beaten RE4 and this remake:
Spoiler:
Is it just me, or is Saddler sort of a lame final boss? I mean he's not really scary, and he doesn't really start popping in until more than halfway through the game. I feel that Ramon is much more memorable. Hell, Krauser's fight is much more climactic.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

I got the RE4 remake and was enjoying it until Ashley came into play. Now every combat encounter consists of "Oh no, Ashley is getting grabbed/groped/knocked down! Have to go save her!" It killed my enjoyment of the game so fast that I abandoned it in favor of another Last of Us 2 playthrough. That being said, I do want to finish RE4 so tell me, is it true that Ashley starts holding her own better later in the game? Because that will make me a lot more keen on picking it up again.

On another note, I was shocked by how hard this game is. Like, it is WAY fucking harder than any of the other RE titles I've played (RE2 remake, RE3 remake, RE7 and RE8). I'm currently stuck on the Mendes boss fight, and have already died to him more than any other boss in the series. And to be clear, I actually like the challenge, except when the challenge involves saving a useless NPC every five seconds.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy