What are your dream movies?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: What are your dream movies?

Post by ROMG4 »

An adaptation of Ray Harryhausen's Creation
A sequel to Titan AE
A Universal Monster Movie that makes any monster as popular as it used to be
A good Star Wars movie
And a bunch of others I can't remember

Godzilla Vs. Gamera
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i really want Gorgo and Yongarry to get remade (the latter being closer to the original instead of being similar to the 90's abomination) they don't have to be part of the Monsterverse but at least get some form of re-imagining.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

tyrantgoji wrote:i really want Gorgo and Yongarry to get remade (the latter being closer to the original instead of being similar to the 90's abomination) they don't have to be part of the Monsterverse but at least get some form of re-imagining.
Agreed! Not everything needs to be part of the Monsterverse, just as long as we get some more giant monster movies! Yongarry could be great, and Gorgo could really be amazing. I saw Gorgo for the first time a couple months back, and I think it was easily one of the better kaiju films of its era.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Don't know if this really counts as a "dream movie" per se (at least not in the way you're thinking of), but it's a movie conceptualization I've recently been working on that I dug up from 2007. It's a vampire film set in the future. It's loosely based on the Dracula mythos, basically a retelling of it leading into the main (present) story. I recently made a movie poster (promotional only, no artwork, sorry) and uploaded it to my Deviantart page with all the character bios listed as well as casting choices (yes, I did initially have Mahershala Ali cast, but I had to change it with the Blade casting announcement).

I think it sounds pretty cool. It's got the cast and crew listings in traditional movie poster format and everything.

Here it is. I believe I've included all the relevant plot details in each of the bios without giving away the MAJOR plot points/scenes.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

They’re bringing like every other superhero to the big screen, we already got Alita: Battle Angel, it’s time for a Hollywood Guyver reboot.

To cash in on Rampage and other video game adaptations, gimme a Primal Rage movie.

What’s that? We’re getting a Mortal Kombat reboot? Let’s see a Killer IInstinct adaptation.

While we’re remaking Stephen King novels, gimme a remake of Christine while John Carpenter’s still around to do the score.

Still on the subject of Carpenter, remake of They Live and Escape From New York please.

A good H.P. Lovecraft adaptation with God-tier cinematography is a must.

And lastly, go ahead and give me a Del Toro Mothra movie.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KManX89 wrote:Don't know if this really counts as a "dream movie" per se (at least not in the way you're thinking of), but it's a movie conceptualization I've recently been working on that I dug up from 2007. It's a vampire film set in the future. It's loosely based on the Dracula mythos, basically a retelling of it leading into the main (present) story. I recently made a movie poster (promotional only, no artwork, sorry) and uploaded it to my Deviantart page with all the character bios listed as well as casting choices (yes, I did initially have Mahershala Ali cast, but I had to change it with the Blade casting announcement).

I think it sounds pretty cool. It's got the cast and crew listings in traditional movie poster format and everything.

Here it is. I believe I've included all the relevant plot details in each of the bios without giving away the MAJOR plot points/scenes.
It totally weirds me out that you've got Amy Johnston on there, since I directed her in a project about 5 years ago.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I’d like to see Hammer make a new gothic horror featuring Dracula or Frankenstein, but only if they can get a stylish director and good actors.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I mentioned this in the director thread as well, but I'd love to see a musical adaptation of Inherit the Wind with Randy Rainbow as E. K. Hornbeck.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

A romance movie where the girl comes out to the guy as transgender (pre-op maybe) and he loves her anyway unconditionally. And he learns along the way.

An adaption of Sweeney Todd where they completely cut out the musical parts and make it a revenge epic like the count of monte cristo.

Added in 57 seconds:
Also, Del Toro directed Tomie
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

A killer megalania movie.

Andrew Traucki is my ideal nomination of an director. He's Australian and is known for his killer creature flicks Black Water, The Reef, The Jungle and his upcoming film Black Water: Abyss.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I want a film based off of the Flatwoods Monster encounter. The title would just be "Flatwoods" though.

At first the film may sound somewhat boring because it would just focus on the main encounter,but in between the sighting Kathleen May her sons,Lemon and the other kids have,they could focus on the lesser known sightings. Like Woodrow Eagle's sighting earlier in the day along with the sheriff investigation,or George and Edith Sintwoksy's encounter the same night. Heck,maybe the prologue to the movie would be the sighting with the mother and her 21 year old daughter who saw it a week before. Have her see a small glimpse of the monster with it's shrill hissing noise,she screams and then BAM! Flatwoods

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Keanu Reeves/Terry Crews buddy cop movie
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

a monster hunter movie based on the lore and made by someone who actually knows what they're doing
your source of self destruction

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

Comic Movie:
A Starman Movie Trilogy
An Earth-3 Movie
A Question Movie
A Books of Magic Animated Movie Quadrilogy
A Gwenpool Animated Movie
A Midnight Sons Movie (With Wesley Snipes as Blade).

Monster Movie:
A King Ghidorah Origin story (Basically a Godzilla movie with King Ghidorah that ends with him destroying a civilization).
A Gorgo Remake
A Konga Remake
A Gorgo vs Konga movie
Batman vs Godzilla
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

- An AvP movie based on either the 1990 Dark Horse series, or the story of Monolith's AvP2 game.
- A Primal Rage movie, incorporating story elements from both the original game and it's cancelled sequel.
- An adaptation of Valiant's 1992 Unity Saga crossover event.
- A Turok movie based on either Valiant's 1993 Dinosaur Hunter run, or the Acclaim video game continuity.
- A sequel to 2018's Rampage that has the same creative team behind it. Or a more faithful adaptation of the games, I'll take either.
- A Jet Jaguar movie.
- "Godzilla vs Duke Nukem" ...hey, don't look at me like that! It says dream movie, doesn't it?
A King Ghidorah Origin story (Basically a Godzilla movie with King Ghidorah that ends with him destroying a civilization).
A Gorgo vs Konga movie
These too, please.

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

Komenja wrote:- An AvP movie based on either the 1990 Dark Horse series, or the story of Monolith's AvP2 game.
- A Primal Rage movie, incorporating story elements from both the original game and it's cancelled sequel.
- An adaptation of Valiant's 1992 Unity Saga crossover event.
- A Turok movie based on either Valiant's 1993 Dinosaur Hunter run, or the Acclaim video game continuity.
- A sequel to 2018's Rampage that has the same creative team behind it. Or a more faithful adaptation of the games, I'll take either.
- A Jet Jaguar movie.
- "Godzilla vs Duke Nukem" ...hey, don't look at me like that! It says dream movie, doesn't it?
A Gorgo vs Konga movie
These too, please.
Haven't heard anything from Valiant in a while...
Is Quantum and Woody still going?
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Ultraman02 wrote: Haven't heard anything from Valiant in a while...
Is Quantum and Woody still going?
Afraid I don't know, I fell off when they got bought out and Dinesh left the company a year or two ago. :(

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

God of War live-action film with Dave Batista as Kratos.

I'll only accept an film adaption with him as the lead or else I'll protest.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm kinda shocked we never had a big budget Vampire vs. Werewolf movie. Sure there was that final battle in Van Helsing but that barely counts, we need a full on war between the two!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

We could use a pre-colonial killer creature flicks.

One where Native Americans deals with an amhuluk, piasa or wendigo.

Or Australian Aboriginals dealing with the burrunjor or yowie (Notably a movie based on a story by them where before Europeans there was a war between a group of yowies and Australian Aboriginals. I'd say the bunyip too but according to some legends the Australian Aboriginals saw it as an benevolent being so out of respect don't want to accidentally offend their beliefs on the creature.

Heck we could use more historic killer creature flicks for that matter.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.