What are your dream movies?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Re: What are your dream movies?

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

An adaptation of Creepy, with each story done in a different style and Uncle Creepy hosting the whole thing.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

An animated PG-13 adaptation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 is like the only thing I've ever wanted. Just want more "grown-up" TMNT stuff in general honestly
why did i have to be the chosen one?

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

An animated R-rated adpatation of Art Spielgelman's graphic novel MAUS.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

- Another movie based on Dean Koontz's Phantoms that follows the story a bit more closely while not relying on an overabundance of CGI for the actual Ancient Enemy.

- A final Nightmare on Elm Street movie starring Robert Englund in the role to actually bring the series to a proper closure.

- Valley of Gwangi remake but with the dinosaurs kept in their old, retro-style stances and such as "accurate to 1800's depictions of dinosaurs." I would not want this movie to go the route most dinosaur movies go nowadays and instead remain faithful to what the audiences and paleontologists of the time believed dinosaurs to be.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

KillCrites wrote:An animated PG-13 adaptation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 is like the only thing I've ever wanted. Just want more "grown-up" TMNT stuff in general honestly
This, 100%. I've wanted a faithful animated adaptation of Return to New York or City At War.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

-Live action Evangelion film, but Anno MUST be the one doing it.

-Jaws 5, no reboot, no remake, but a solid Jaws sequel.

-Del Toro adaptation of Faust or At The Mountains of Madness, both with him allowed to have complete creative control.

-James Wan remake of The Amityville Horror, we got a better Amityville Horror film in the first 15 minutes of The Conjuring 2 than all of the sequels since Amityville II: Possession.

-Lastly, Clive Barker, with a REAL budget, with complete creative control, remaking Hellraiser.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I totally agree with Evangelion and At the Mountains of Madness.
I also would love to see a Monsterverse Loch Ness movie, a new live action Attack on Titan, a live action Transformers movie in space, and you know what more space movies in general.
Also:
A real Cloverfield sequel
Dante’s Inferno
Paradise Lost
A Revelations film
A real Prometheus sequel
A Pacific Rim 3
A live action Hollywood Gamera
Interstellar 2
Independence Day 3
Live action Ice Age movies based off the first three animated movies
New live action Anastasia

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Anguirus wrote:I also would love to see a Monsterverse Loch Ness movie
Yay I ain't the only one! :D

And with Gareth Edwards as the director. Wasn't a fan of his approach on Godzilla but it'd definitely work for a movie like this considering like the shark in Jaws. Nessie too is an fully aquatic animal. It'd also be a good way to save CGI by doing the Jaws approach such as Nessie for the most part being seen under the waves or breaking the surface until later being seen in her fully glory. Say an 50-80 million dollar budget and it'd at least do decent in the box office. Not exactly a hit mind you but to the point it makes a good profit.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

More movie based on real word mythologies (Egyptian, Greek, Mayan etc), you could even make an cinematic universe out of it

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ShinGi wrote:More movie based on real word mythologies (Egyptian, Greek, Mayan etc), you could even make an cinematic universe out of it
Holy skreeonk yes! I always dreamed of such as idea. Best part about that is they're all in the Public Domain, so no rights would have to be used. :D

Just imagine a world where pantheons rules over the particular lands (Greece with the Greek Gods, Egypt with the Egyptian, Scandinavia with the Norse Gods, Japan with the Japanese Gods, etc.) acting like the United Nations of earth. Lot of potential there!

I would only imagine the earth being like that of Alderaan in Star Wars.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I remember liking Gods of Egypt but sadly that flopped. More Egyptian based movies would be great.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

Anguirus wrote:I remember liking Gods of Egypt but sadly that flopped. More Egyptian based movies would be great.
Really didnt like Gods of Egypt, if they a movie based on Egytian mythology gets ever made again hopefully its more authentic to the actual myths

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

It recently occurred to me while reading 'Classic Movie Monsters' that we've never had a horror movie about any of the Were predators from other parts of the world (Werehyenas, Wereleopards, Weretigers etc.). If done well enough, the concept would really give the genre something unique and interesting. A Weretiger would be especially badass and terrifying.
Last edited by Leviarex on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KillCrites wrote:An animated PG-13 adaptation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 is like the only thing I've ever wanted. Just want more "grown-up" TMNT stuff in general honestly
I've often wondered how well that would actually work in practice. TMNT #1 is such a dry, straight-faced parody of certain early/mid-80s comics tropes, and I just don't know how well the humor would translate to another medium, especially decades detached from its origin.

But, then, to me, a big part of the appeal of the TMNT is their (no pun intended) mutability; that they can go so far to the kiddie ('87 series) or the grimdark (Image era), sci-fi silliness (issues 4-7) or the mystical (Soul's Winter).
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I'll leave superheros and Toho monsters for another time, so here's some other ideas that studios wouldn't make (mostly)

Tarantino samurai movie - Which I know he already did with KB.
Kong series - If GvK is MonsterVerse Kong's last movie, then Kong really should get his own series. He's about the only other (giant) monster with Godzilla's clout, but more importantly he's more unique than the general reptilian or bug type monsters.
LA DBZ - so difficult to do well, but it could be so amazing.
LA Evangelion - Doing this with Hollywood level effects would make this movie unprofitable for studios in Japan, but I would rather have a Japanese studio make this.
LA AoT - Actually Hollywood could do this well, but doing it well would make it a $180 million R movie that Hollywood wouldn't go for.
Ultra series - A big budget Ultra series by the studio would also be unprofitable, but super cool.
Daimajin - Like Kong, more unique than most other large monsters.
Three Treasures - A great legend.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MM Raids Again wrote:- A final Nightmare on Elm Street movie starring Robert Englund in the role to actually bring the series to a proper closure.
To me, Wes Craven's New Nightmare serves that purpose. I basically think of Freddy vs. Jason as its own entity.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

It's hard to explain, but I really want a good "Mel Brooks"-style satirical comedy. I'm not saying Brooks should do it since he's retired, it's just that his style comes to mind. I mean nowadays all comedy seems to follow the same pattern, so something ala Spaceballs would be nice.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Considering this is Toho Kingdom, I'm gonna skip my plans for a Batman vs Dracula black and white film and focus on giant monster movies I want made:

About a year or two ago in one of those bins full of cheap DVDs at Wal Mart I stumbled upon like an 8 pack of films or whatever. Now none of those films really caught my eye, but the cover for the whole bundle certainly did. It was inspired by one of the films, although most definitely not an actual scene or period accurate piece of art for the movie; it had the yeti/Abominable Snowman as a big white giant sized gorilla like the '05 King Kong or George from Rampage out on a snowy Himalayan alp just towering over a freaking tank. Biggest version of the Abominable Snowman I've ever seen (except maybe from Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer). The film was from the 50s, and through googling it just now I believe it was based off the film The Snow Creature (at least the 50's date and dealing with yeti theme matches, although like I suspected no tanks). I think I even just rediscovered that same picture again - sadly I had built it up in my mind and I don't think it looks quite as cool as I remembered (just how it goes, still I got an even better picture stuck in my head, so that's something). So yeah, a dream movie of mine would be a 1950's period piece giant yeti movie with him as a giant sized snowy white gorilla battling a freaking tank or more. I want that movie made, like right now! Doesn't even have to be a theatrical, I'll settle for a DTV with decent special effects. Maybe the same studio that did that Beyond White Space film could do the effects, they were pretty good and couldn't have been that expensive considering it wasn't a theatrical film best to my knowledge.

While I don't care one bit if it takes place in the Monsterverse or not, as previous posters above me mentioned I would love to see a good Loch Ness Monster movie. Truth be told, I have a soft spot for that Ted Danson movie. But yeah, not enough Loch Ness Monster movies out there. I'm a huge cryptozoology fan, but most movies featuring cryptids...leave a lot to be desired. Usually you wind up with a Syfy film, blegh.

Impossible sadly, but if given a time machine I'd make sure to create a timeline where King Kong vs Frankenstein and Abbot and Costello Meet King Kong are real movies.

A new Gamera movie. Preferably Monsterverse, but I'll take what I can get. Also a new Daimajin. And a Hollywood level CGI Ultraman movie.

A 2D animated, action packed, Godzilla movie. Like those awesome DTV DC Batman and Justice League movies. Like Under the Red Hood level of awesome, but with kaiju!

Beyond those "dream" movies, I'd also like to see more original giant monster movies in general, from the big films like Pacific Rim and Rampage to smaller features (I'd list some, but I can't think of any good, cheap modern giant monster movies [or even not so good][wait, I forgot - Colossal]). Basically the kaiju equivalent of such superhero films as Kick-Ass or Super or Kill All Superheroes. I know pulling off creature effects on that small a budget can be daunting, but hey if an episode of Legends of Tomorrow can do it why not?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I want a Cryptid Cinematic Universe.

It could have something like the MCU has such as the origins of said cryptids ranging from natural evolution to supernatural.

Among my ideas would be how Bigfoot and other hominid cryptids came to be.

They all descended from a member in the Australopithecine family that left Africa long before we did and spread across the world (New World with Bigfoot, Fouke Monster and Skunk Ape), Himalayas (Yeti), Yeren (China), Yowie (Australia) evolving to become big and strong then soon enough we evolved what were Homo Sapiens Sapiens and left Africa spreading across the world. Because we were better adaptive we began to outcompete them but unlike other megafauna they were all intelligent enough to come to realize they didn't have a shot in competing with us and with their numbers dwindled began moving into areas where we wouldn't find them to avoid us such as Bigfoots moving into the Pacific Northwest, Canada and Alaska, Yetis moving into the high Himalayas, Fouke monsters staying in the acres of swampland in Louisiana, etc. Those sighted in the U.S. and such were individuals that liked to travel such as the case with the Patterson film.

Eventually in this so called cinematic universe their existence would be revealed to society and due to being equally as intelligent as us though not capable of speaking are integrated into society and many folks demanding equal rights for them. Those that didn't want to were given their own communities and reserves.

I got this idea from Harry Turtledove's State of Jefferson Stories where Sasquatches and other hominid cryptids lives alongside us granted rather then being less evolved looking primates are essentially human beings.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A dinosaur movie set in the 60s that opens with the main character(s) in a theater watching a Lost World style film done in stop motion.