DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
17%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
48%

Total votes: 42

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Batman will reportedly continue filming without Pattinson for the time being, using stunt doubles and the like when necessary.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The Batman will reportedly continue filming without Pattinson for the time being, using stunt doubles and the like when necessary.
Good I guess?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, it's good that they're not totally shutting down. Obviously safety has to come first, but the film industry is going to quickly end up in a bad way if they can't adapt and work around Corona. And hopefully Pattinson gets through his case quickly and without long-term damage.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Pretty late but not sure if you guys heard that The Suicide Squad will be rated R.

Since that is going to be the case, I'm now sold! :D

James Gunn directing, King Shark, not holding back?

It almost has everything it needs! :D

The only thing it has missing a bromance between King Shark and Killer Croc...:( Hopefully, a future DCEU has that.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Why they chose to make Killer Shark a plump joke rather than a vicious roided out shark man i will never know. But i guess i should've expected it with how they treated Killer Croc in the last one.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

There's going to be a The Suicide Squad prequel series on HBO Max for John Cena's character Peacemaker.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Why they chose to make Killer Shark a plump joke rather than a vicious roided out shark man i will never know. But i guess i should've expected it with how they treated Killer Croc in the last one.
Given it's all but been confirmed Taika Waititi is playing him, I'm assuming they wanted to contrast a chil high pitched voice with literal shark human murder hybrid.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Taika is playing him?

May as well call him Korg-Shark.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Taika is playing him?

May as well call him Korg-Shark.
We have no confirmation on actor for King Shark, just the on set double. Given that Taika is the only actor in the cast who hasn't had his role confirmed and playing big, threatening characters with his placid voice has become a thing between Korg and IG-11, people are guessing he is.

We have no confirmation though.

RIP Evan.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The casting of Hawkman for next year's BLACK ADAM has swooped in. Aldis Hodge(Supernatural, Underground, Leverage, The Invisible Man) will be playing Carter Hall.
https://www.thewrap.com/aldis-hodge-bla ... ero-movie/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know with the Flashpoint film coming, i'm curious if Henry Cavill is also gonna be Superman one last time before he also gets rebooted.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

How come JOKER isn't an option? It's my favorite DC live action film of the past decade.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Vakanai wrote:How come JOKER isn't an option? It's my favorite DC live action film of the past decade.
The poll is likely regarding the DCEU films which Joker isn't part of.

But yes I will definitely agree that film alongside Shazam! are as of date my favorite DC films.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Vakanai wrote:How come JOKER isn't an option? It's my favorite DC live action film of the past decade.
The poll is likely regarding the DCEU films which Joker isn't part of.

But yes I will definitely agree that film alongside Shazam! are as of date my favorite DC films.
Then the poll should be retitled to reflect that it's just the DCEU then and not DC films.

Shazam was alright, I liked it. Aquaman was a bit too bombastic. Wonder Woman has probably been my favorite actually good film of the DCEU so far. But really I probably get the most out of the Director's Cut or Extended Cut or whatever of Batman v Superman. I mean yeah it's a bad movie objectively, but seeing that one Batmobile chase sequence and that Batman warehouse fight scene is my favorite DC live action experience just about.

Movie I'm most interested in going forward is The Batman. Which also won't be in the DCEU.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Sarah Shahi is a person of interest for the role of Isis in the upcoming BLACK ADAM flick.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/black ... rah-shahi/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yes! Love me some Shahi!

Also it appears that Carla Gugino would have been Snyder's Catwoman before WB decided to abandon the SnyderVerse. That's a casting i would have been all sorts of down for. No surprise really as she seems to be one of his favorite actresses to work with.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I don't know what people are talking about. Snyder's Steppenwolf looks pretty good to me. Sure, the face isn't what we got in BvS but Whedonwolf is way worse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:36 am I don't know what people are talking about. Snyder's Steppenwolf looks pretty good to me. Sure, the face isn't what we got in BvS but Whedonwolf is way worse.
Still looks like something straight out of a PS3 video game.

Even the 90s had better CGI than this. LMAO. Seriously that's the best they can come up with? :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:16 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:36 am I don't know what people are talking about. Snyder's Steppenwolf looks pretty good to me. Sure, the face isn't what we got in BvS but Whedonwolf is way worse.
Still looks like something straight out of a PS3 video game.

Even the 90s had better CGI than this. LMAO. Seriously that's the best they can come up with? :lol:
No guarantee it's final. Besides, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman looked about the same.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

You guys know Thor: The Dark World right? Considered by most fans one of the worst MCU films (I actually liked it and and think is better than Ragnarok which I hate) is apparently above Wonder Woman 1984.