What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by eabaker »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:01 pm Went to the Toho Kingdom forums at around 1 AM today, saw a new thread called "ahahahahaha", clicked on it and saw the more horrible picture ever posted on the forums. I'm not going to go into the details, but...it was a dead body. According to the views, 6 other people saw it before it was taken down. It was really shocking and the person who posted it is a scumbag.
I can assure you that there are serious conversations happening behind-the-scenes of the site to figure out how to prevent this from happening again.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

eabaker wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:10 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:01 pm Went to the Toho Kingdom forums at around 1 AM today, saw a new thread called "ahahahahaha", clicked on it and saw the more horrible picture ever posted on the forums. I'm not going to go into the details, but...it was a dead body. According to the views, 6 other people saw it before it was taken down. It was really shocking and the person who posted it is a scumbag.
I can assure you that there are serious conversations happening behind-the-scenes of the site to figure out how to prevent this from happening again.
That's good to know. You guys are awesome.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah if you see a thread title that doesn't make any sense like that, just don't click it. The guy who posted it, Omegazila, is just a troll that pretty much wants to upset people with those images because he's a sad little twit who has nothing to do with his life.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Yeah, if you see a new thread by a user you don't recognize, take a look at their profile first. You can preview their thread without seeing pictures if you click on the user posts search thing.

Edit: FML I just tested it on my own profile and the pictures I posted do show up, at least the ones with the [img] tags. I could swear it used not to. Okay, then if you see a new thread by a user you don't recognize, best not to click it. If they're a legit user, they'll probs chime in in the other threads so you can see what they're like. Unless they chime in those other threads with gore, I guess. But then again, the mods are putting measures in place to stem that. They'd pretty much have to act nice for a while before finally being able to post their hamburger pics, and I guess we'll have to see if they're willing to put that much effort just to be a prick.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Beast Blood wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:42 pm If they're a legit user, they'll probs chime in in the other threads
Boss Anderton (Omega's latest alt) replied on some General Discussion/Monsterverse threads.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

WAY to early to ruin the whole day and I saw this coming for sometime now. It has survived three moves and has been used to display figures in the past before being turned into a movie shelf when I moved here years ago. Now, after all this time, it has finally come down.

A typical dusting and a bump from my dog caused the side to finally give out entirely. Only reason it didn't fall directly down is because of the second shelf (a newer one) catching it. Its gonna have to stay like that for a lil bit until I can get a new shelf. Not something I was ready to do today. No movies were ruined and only one of the shelves actually dropped/spilled.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am WAY to early to ruin the whole day and I saw this coming for sometime now. It has survived three moves and has been used to display figures in the past before being turned into a movie shelf when I moved here years ago. Now, after all this time, it has finally come down.

A typical dusting and a bump from my dog caused the side to finally give out entirely. Only reason it didn't fall directly down is because of the second shelf (a newer one) catching it. Its gonna have to stay like that for a lil bit until I can get a new shelf. Not something I was ready to do today. No movies were ruined and only one of the shelves actually dropped/spilled.
This image bothers me greatly. :(
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am WAY to early to ruin the whole day and I saw this coming for sometime now. It has survived three moves and has been used to display figures in the past before being turned into a movie shelf when I moved here years ago. Now, after all this time, it has finally come down.

This image bothers me greatly. :(
Yeah, probably the worst shelf collapse I ever had. Thank God it wasn't a figure shelf though, lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

That is just a sad sight. :(
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

G-Matt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:01 am

That is just a sad sight. :(
Indeed. Granted, I have thought about embracing my dark humor and taping a little plane on the side. :P

Quote of the Year:

Challenger007
Ronin

Post by Challenger007 »

I realized that the weather could ruin my day. For example, in winter the crane has few sunny days and when you plan a lot of household chores and there is a sunny day on the weekend - all plans go to hell. I definitely want to take a walk in the park, spend time in the fresh air, in the sun. Likewise, rain can ruin plans to do things outside the home. Everything is very situational.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That shelf is a sorry sight. At least nothing else was damaged, though.
Challenger007 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:10 am For example, in winter the crane has few sunny days
I assume 'the crane' is supposed to be 'the Ukraine'?

And yeah, I know the feeling. Our winters in Georgia, USA, are relatively warm, but we tend to get a lot of dreary rain, often for days on end. That makes getting outside to walk the dogs a miserable chore. This winter has been pretty dry so far, though. Hopefully that doesn't mean we'll get another drought in the summer...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

My brother seemingly forgot he was supposed to drive me to work today, so I had to walk out in the snowstorm to get there. And then my mom didn't want to get a ticket because curfew saying we need to be home at 8, so she left at 7h41 when I came out my workplace at 7h42... So I again had to walk through the snowstorm to get home.

And my back is somehow more painful than before, so... Yeah. A fun day overall. At least I can sit and warm myself back up while complaining.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Learning about Chronic Wasting Disease in deer. If you never want to not feel paranoid don't look it up.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I went on Netflix to binge Symbionic Titan (it's a Super Robot show by Genndy Tartakovsky, what more to ask for?) and then, I remembered We Can Be Heroes exists. As someone who grew up with Sharkboy and Lavagirl, I was at the very least intrigued about the sequel. I just watched the trailer and... oh god, what did they do to it? The plot is just a generic Avengers-style alien invasion, no mention of dreams even once, the aliens are literally just bootleg versions of those bowling-ball things from the Incredibles, and the lines are bad. Sure, the writing in Sharkboy and Lavagirl wasn't exactly good either but it was at the very least fun. We Can Be Heroes, on the other hand, feels like what the rest of the movie seems to be: a cashgrab with no heart.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly excited. Hopefully, I'm just judging an at-least okay book by its cover.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I just got a 400$+ dollar bill for an after surgery procedure! Ugh...

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm I went on Netflix to binge Symbionic Titan (it's a Super Robot show by Genndy Tartakovsky, what more to ask for?) and then, I remembered We Can Be Heroes exists. As someone who grew up with Sharkboy and Lavagirl, I was at the very least intrigued about the sequel. I just watched the trailer and... oh god, what did they do to it? The plot is just a generic Avengers-style alien invasion, no mention of dreams even once, the aliens are literally just bootleg versions of those bowling-ball things from the Incredibles, and the lines are bad. Sure, the writing in Sharkboy and Lavagirl wasn't exactly good either but it was at the very least fun. We Can Be Heroes, on the other hand, feels like what the rest of the movie seems to be: a cashgrab with no heart.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly excited. Hopefully, I'm just judging an at-least okay book by its cover.
So uh, I've actually watched this movie, and while I haven't seen Sharkboy and Lavagirl in its entirety in over a decade I did watch the all Spy Kids movies quite a fair bit growing up so I think I'm somewhat qualified to talk about it. Personally I didn't love it, but it was better than I was anticipating. The characters weren't stellar but none of them grated on me like I was predicting they would, and there is a smattering of decent lines/jokes that land pretty well. The plot is pretty generic but not quite as much as you'd think from the trailer(which I didn't see, went in totally blind), and there are action sequences that work. That was the real standout to me, some of the CGI looks genuinely good. Not a lot of it, most of it is about what you'd expect from Spy Kids and SB&LG, but there are moments and entities that are very nicely executed. All in all it feels pretty at home in this weird, kid-friendly spy-hero action genre that seems to exist solely to contain the rest of these films. My younger self probably would have ate it up and I wouldn't mind showing it to my nieces and nephews along with the others.

Also I just made the connection that the Robert Rodriguez who directed all the Spy Kids movies is the same Robert Rodriguez who directed Chapter 14 of the Mandalorian. My brain is confounded.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm I went on Netflix to binge Symbionic Titan (it's a Super Robot show by Genndy Tartakovsky, what more to ask for?) and then, I remembered We Can Be Heroes exists. As someone who grew up with Sharkboy and Lavagirl, I was at the very least intrigued about the sequel. I just watched the trailer and... oh god, what did they do to it? The plot is just a generic Avengers-style alien invasion, no mention of dreams even once, the aliens are literally just bootleg versions of those bowling-ball things from the Incredibles, and the lines are bad. Sure, the writing in Sharkboy and Lavagirl wasn't exactly good either but it was at the very least fun. We Can Be Heroes, on the other hand, feels like what the rest of the movie seems to be: a cashgrab with no heart.

So uh, I've actually watched this movie, and while I haven't seen Sharkboy and Lavagirl in its entirety in over a decade I did watch the all Spy Kids movies quite a fair bit growing up so I think I'm somewhat qualified to talk about it. Personally I didn't love it, but it was better than I was anticipating. The characters weren't stellar but none of them grated on me like I was predicting they would, and there is a smattering of decent lines/jokes that land pretty well. The plot is pretty generic but not quite as much as you'd think from the trailer(which I didn't see, went in totally blind), and there are action sequences that work. That was the real standout to me, some of the CGI looks genuinely good. Not a lot of it, most of it is about what you'd expect from Spy Kids and SB&LG, but there are moments and entities that are very nicely executed. All in all it feels pretty at home in this weird, kid-friendly spy-hero action genre that seems to exist solely to contain the rest of these films. My younger self probably would have ate it up and I wouldn't mind showing it to my nieces and nephews along with the others.

Also I just made the connection that the Robert Rodriguez who directed all the Spy Kids movies is the same Robert Rodriguez who directed Chapter 14 of the Mandalorian. My brain is confounded.
I watched it a few hours ago and honestly, I share your opinion (if not a bit more negative). Would've worked way better as its own thing, though.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:45 pm
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 pm

I watched it a few hours ago and honestly, I share your opinion (if not a bit more negative). Would've worked way better as its own thing, though.
Personally now I'm kind of hoping this results in a sequel somewhere down the line that crosses over with Spy Kids, just because.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Technically yesterday, but I had my first ever seizure. :freak:

I’m fine now, mostly sore. It’s still scary looking back on it though. There was no warning. I’m just glad I’m staying at my parents (who are both doctors) instead of my apartment during this current lockdown. And I’m glad I was sitting against something soft, instead of standing or traveling on the stairs.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.