Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official News topic

Post by eabaker »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:30 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:18 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-suprem ... 44625.html

when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

Uh huh. I knew an article like this would eventually come out. A person of color commits a racist act it's still white supremacy. That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard, this entire article is.
The article is saying White supermancy has created a culture in which people think its okay to be racist. LSD however has told you the Yahoo news articles are only trying to get reactions out of people.
Ultimately, the problem with this article, as with a lot of online journalism, is that it uses hyperlinks in the place of thorough quotation and citation. Rather than thoroughly lay out its claims, the article is basically just an extended thesis, with all of the supporting arguments spread throughout a dozen or so linked articles.

Basically, there's no point in forming any opinion about this article if you haven't also clicked through and read at least a few of the linked articles as well.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Guess he got tired hiding his true self.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/media/ad ... index.html
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:57 pm Guess he got tired hiding his true self.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/media/ad ... index.html
He was hiding it to begin with?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Related -
Moving Ahead. Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga says that the government has put off figuring out what to do with all of the contaminated water building up at the destroyed Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant for long enough - and it's time to start dumping it into the ocean.

Suga's hand is forced given that the plant will soon run out of space to store the contaminated groundwater seeping into the facility, The Japan Times reports, and he's framing the controversial plan to release the water into the Pacific Ocean as "Unavoidable."

Japanese officials have been debating how to best contain the radioactive water at the Fukushima plant for years, but the plan that seems to have stuck is to purify the water as best as possible, dilute the radioactive tritium that persists even after the cleaning process, and to dump it over the course of 30 years.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tbeasley wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 am
Moving Ahead. Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga says that the government has put off figuring out what to do with all of the contaminated water building up at the destroyed Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant for long enough - and it's time to start dumping it into the ocean.

Suga's hand is forced given that the plant will soon run out of space to store the contaminated groundwater seeping into the facility, The Japan Times reports, and he's framing the controversial plan to release the water into the Pacific Ocean as "Unavoidable."

Japanese officials have been debating how to best contain the radioactive water at the Fukushima plant for years, but the plan that seems to have stuck is to purify the water as best as possible, dilute the radioactive tritium that persists even after the cleaning process, and to dump it over the course of 30 years.
I guess the difference is that the United States has more land, and hence areas to dump the waste. Not a good thing at all, and one of the major key issues with it is often people assume everything will go fine with nuclear energy...until it doesn’t.

The Japanese government is idiots for dumping radioactive water into the ocean. There’s obvious environmental problems, but then consider how much it’ll damage japans fishing industry (both trust and amount of fish), how they look as a country, and many other things.

I get the impression there was no easy solution, and from my understanding it seems as though this is more preferable to letting it seep into the local ground water, but still...They’ve had ten years to sort of solve this problem so it’s a big “What”.

Don’t be surprised if the next Godzilla film incorporates it in someway. Actually, now that I think of it, SP sort of has, but we’ll see where that goes.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Related -

Well, time to stop eating sea food...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:55 am Well, time to stop eating sea food...
Don’t worry, I’m sure some horrible chemical has worked it’s way into whatever else you’re eating. :(

“The sea is full of cobalt and mercury, too much fumes in our oxygen...”

:Hedorah:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:55 am
Related -

Stop? Dude now is the best time to eat it. We'll get superpowers and save the world.

It's sushi time.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:55 am
Related -

What, you don't want a little radiation to go with your microplastics?

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:18 pm
when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

Uh huh. I knew an article like this would eventually come out. A person of color commits a racist act it's still white supremacy. That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard, this entire article is.
Well I think we can agree the media is very sensational. They don't really care about accurate information so long as it gets clicks.

As for Japan they need to get blasted for this stupid decision. As someone who is critical of the American government myself I feel if the American government did this the outrage would be much larger. When it comes to the environment it shouldn't matter what country is destroying it. It needs to stop ASAP.
Last edited by Zasraniec on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Oh lordy
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Another Cop accidental shooting everyone.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

She needs to get fired and go to jail.

Can't keep letting cops believe they're above the law. Even if it was an "accident", what moron pulls out a .22, cocks it, and fires it on accident?

Brings me to a more archaic point about how we're born into a singular track where we pay to live till we die, just cogs in a system we never agreed too. Humans shouldn't be restricted to hiveminds.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:30 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Another Cop accidental shooting everyone.
That'll probably get away with it.

Tired of seeing cops get away with literal murder. They should be held to a higher standard, not the other way around.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

'Please drink' treated Fukushima water: China asks Japanese minister
BEIJING - China on Wednesday asked Japanese Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso to drink treated radioactive water accumulated at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, after he said it is safe to drink it.

On Tuesday, the Japanese government decided to release the treated water into the sea from the plant in two years, a major development following more than seven years of discussions on how to discharge the water used to cool down melted fuel there.

Aso, a former prime minister who has often made controversial remarks since he became deputy prime minister and finance minister in 2012, said at a press conference on Tuesday, "I have heard that we will have no harm if we drink" the treated water.