What blew your mind today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What blew your mind today?

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Godzilla (2014) are essentially the same film.

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-stuff/it ... verse.html
Pretty sure I pointed out a lot of similarities on this very message board, nearly five years ago now. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

eabaker wrote:Pretty sure I pointed out a lot of similarities on this very message board, nearly five years ago now. ;)
I think we can all agree that Gamera: Guardian of the Universe though is the far superior and better film.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
eabaker wrote:Pretty sure I pointed out a lot of similarities on this very message board, nearly five years ago now. ;)
I think we can all agree that Gamera: Guardian of the Universe though is the far superior and better film.
I would 100% agree with that, yes. I like G'14, but GotU is on an entirely different level.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

eabaker wrote:I would 100% agree with that, yes. I like G'14, but GotU is on an entirely different level.
Glad we agree on the same thing. :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Nah. I won't.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Maritonic wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Nah. I won't.
Yeah. I personally think they're very close, but I'd give the slight edge to LPG. GGotU always felt like the weakest movie in the Gamera trilogy to me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: I think we can all agree that Gamera: Guardian of the Universe though is the far superior and better film.
Nah. I won't.
Yeah. I personally think they're very close, but I'd give the slight edge to LPG. GGotU always felt like the weakest movie in the Gamera trilogy to me.
Same here. It blew my mind as a kid, but as I've rewatched them all it's the one I enjoy the least.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Nah. I won't.
Same here. It blew my mind as a kid, but as I've rewatched them all it's the one I enjoy the least.
I this it's a serious contender for the best-structured "vs" script in the entire genre.

Really, the only significant flaw I see in the movie is the relative blandness of Yonemori, in both script and performance.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Finding out that Romi Park (the voice actress of Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill La Kill) did the voice of Gerald for the Japanese dub of "Hey Arnold!: The Movie".
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Unlike G14 Gamera GotU actually has a sense of fun about it. Its arguable which one is a better made film but Gamera is definitely more fun. Kaneko also has far more talent as a director than Edwards will ever have.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Unlike G14 Gamera GotU actually has a sense of fun about it. Its arguable which one is a better made film but Gamera is definitely more fun. Kaneko also has far more talent as a director than Edwards will ever have.
This man speaks the truth. Gamera: Guardian of the Universe is was what Godzilla (2014) never could had been and should had been.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

Ivo-goji wrote:https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/end-ti ... anslation/

This, this blew my mind.
Wow. Godzilla being controlled by Antichrist is not a thing you see on everyday basis.
Last edited by BigGrayGecko on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

This, this blew my mind.
Goji and Watch had mentioned this in a thread a while back, it's nice to hear some more about it.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

BigGrayGecko wrote:

This, this blew my mind.
Wow. Godzilla being controlled by Antichrist is not a thing you see on everyday basis.
So are we forgetting the time Varan was the Beast of Revelations?

https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... varan.html

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

HISHE manages to make one of their videos more sad then funny.

Because I gotta admit the Donatello part was actually very emotional.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

just found out Maritonic became a mod. it was weird because this morning he wasn't and he was when i saw him now. congrats on your much deserved place in the higher ups!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Watched the entire season of Love+Death+Robots on Netflix while high as a kite on a windy morning, and not only is it my new favorite thing ever, but being an artist I really appreciated the different art styles done per episode.

Beyond the Aquila Rift absolutely blew my marbles and is one of the greatest twists I've ever seen, AND IT'S ONLY 16 MINUTES.
Yet it's my favorite of the season.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

tyrantgoji wrote:just found out Maritonic became a mod. it was weird because this morning he wasn't and he was when i saw him now. congrats on your much deserved place in the higher ups!
Well, shucks. Thank you!

Added in 42 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:Watched the entire season of Love+Death+Robots on Netflix while high as a kite on a windy morning, and not only is it my new favorite thing ever, but being an artist I really appreciated the different art styles done per episode.

Beyond the Aquila Rift absolutely blew my marbles and is one of the greatest twists I've ever seen, AND IT'S ONLY 16 MINUTES.
I just saw that episode last night and it was utterly horrifying. That show is fantastic.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Watched the entire season of Love+Death+Robots on Netflix while high as a kite on a windy morning, and not only is it my new favorite thing ever, but being an artist I really appreciated the different art styles done per episode.

I just saw that episode last night and it was utterly horrifying. That show is fantastic.
Exactly! Living in the Shadows was such a good song for it too, the entire episode leaves you questioning everything you know about intergalactic travel and the consequences of it.
Spoiler:
A cosmic web just floating in space snatching up ships and sapping the unknowing guests in some sort of twisted alien spider kinda way is, as you put it, utterly horrifying. I see some people saying "Greta" was benevolent in nature, but I saw it more as these creatures are purely animalistic in nature and prey on unsuspecting victims while they're asleep in simulations for years, until they're rotted husks.
Man the reveal was shocking, disgusting and frightening to think about.
I'd love to see a Season 2
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira