What blew your mind today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: What blew your mind today?

Post by KaijuCanuck »

So like... apparently Bumblebee is good?

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Zarm wrote:
I hate that. Once you become conscious of it, it takes forever for your mind to get off of it and automatic breathing to resume... (Or maybe that's just me).
No I do that too. :lol:
You guys *huhh* are crazy *huhh*. Don't know *huhhhh* what you're talking about *huhhhhhhh*.
This used to scare the crud out of me as a kid. Luckily I have it under control now kjgrjm uhgvphguh fjfingfd;ljngfjgfdjoijgfs

*GASP!*

Darnit! That's what I get for being cocky.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

At my brother's insistence, I finally cracked and watched The Trailer. Holy F'ing S. This thing is going to be a ride. Like, Rodan alone might be worth the price of admission.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

So, I watched this show on Netflix today, Haunted. It's a docudrama based on true stories. I've say through the first two episode, the second one instead me the most.

This family claims that their parents/grandparents were serial killers that murdered hundred of people in upstate New York in the 70s. So I'm sitting in chair, thinking that this can be right. Not only have these people have said their relatives killed people, buried them in the woods, but admitted to destroying evidence of said killings.

So started looking online for anything about this true story, and all I find is allegations of Netflix making stuff up, or failing to go report this to the police.

The more I've looked into this the more, the more suspect it becomes. As the people behind the show have claimed to contacted the police, while others have checked with them and have found the police and have been told that no report has happened.

So what the he'll is going on here?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

The person who voices All Might in My Hero Academia also voices Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. That literally blew my mind considering how good of a voice actor he is since they don't sound alike.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The person who voices All Might in My Hero Academia also voices Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. That literally blew my mind considering how good of a voice actor he is since they don't sound alike.

I like Chris Sabat as a voice actor. I really do. But I can always tell it's him when he's voicing someone. Maybe it's just because I'm a fan of his work.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I like Chris Sabat as a voice actor. I really do. But I can always tell it's him when he's voicing someone. Maybe it's just because I'm a fan of his work.
Next episode of Yu Yu I watch I'll have to listen more carefully to Kuwabara then to see if I hear All Might in his voice.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Snails the size of rabbits exist.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The Jump Stars series predates Super Smash Bros.

I'm well aware the gameplay of both are different but in terms of crossover fighting game, the concept is pretty much the same.

Why the skreeonk is that not a crossover yet?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:Snails the size of rabbits exist.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du-mcwiUcAAef7m.jg]
It'll take like 28 things of salt to melt that thing.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Pound for pound this little bird has a stronger bite than T-Rex.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jurassic-lark ... ccounter=1

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Pound for pound this little bird has a stronger bite than T-Rex.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jurassic-lark ... ccounter=1
Great Grandpa would be proud. :D

Added in 29 seconds:
ALSO

HOLY FUCK.

I found a random video recommendation of the viral Ted Talk by Weyland for Prometheus.
Scrolling thorugh the comments, someone had finally got the whole "point" of the movie.

The engineers held the secret of creating life. They made humans and left them on their own. Humans learned to make thier own life (androids) and came to meet their creatores. Their creators attacked them and tried to destoy them.

Why?

Because their inferior creation had learned the secret of creating life.

In the myth of Prometheus, forbidden knowledge is given to lowly humans, causing the gods to lay down punishment in anger.

What happens in the film Prometheus? The forbidden knowledge of the "gods" is used in a way by humans, causing them to punish humanity.

That's it. That's the point of the movie.

Scott, could you please stop putting the good shit that explains your movies in the viral marketing?

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So Ridley Scott's grand master plan was to turn the xenomorphs into divine punishment for creating androids? :)

Last edited by Zarm on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Wow... it’s almost like those movies were BAD. :lol:

In all seriousness, I actually kind of liked Prometheus. It wasn’t perfect but it held some promise for the future. There were questions I wanted answers for.

And then... then there was Covenant... I still can’t believe I bothered seeing that in a theatre...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The person who voices All Might in My Hero Academia also voices Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. That literally blew my mind considering how good of a voice actor he is since they don't sound alike.

I like Chris Sabat as a voice actor. I really do. But I can always tell it's him when he's voicing someone. Maybe it's just because I'm a fan of his work.
I've been hearing his voice since the early 2000s so yeah I can usually tell when he voices a character. Do you watch Dragonball GodzillaFan1900's?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Apparently I shook hands with a former VP of Warner Bros. tonight.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Someone made a horror film about Bill Crosby! And the dam thing is up Amazon prime for free.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Finding out that the same voice actress who voiced Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion also voiced Jessie in the original Japanese version of Pokemon and the title character from Satoshi Kon's Paprika.
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Although I am sick, I have a script meeting this morning that I'm not gonna miss. I took of work yesterday to recover, but I am not taking time off from my dreams, you know?

One of the guys I have my script meeting with today is a coworker. Since I was home sick yesterday, I texted him asking if he could pick up my check for me.

He let me know that he'd picked it up.

Then texted, "You have a really nice apartment."

Weird, because he's never been here...

Then he texts, "I know because my sister is moving into your building! I recognized the address on your check immediately!"

Turns out immediately after our LAST script meeting, he met up with his sister and they came and looked at this building.

I actually thought I saw him out my window that day, but I was like, "Nah! What are the odds?"

Since he was coming to help his sister get settled in last night, he was able to drop my check off even sooner than anticipated!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Godzilla (2014) are essentially the same film.

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-stuff/it ... verse.html
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.