What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Joker surpassing Aladdin in the box office.
Damn I can taste the edge.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Damn I can taste the edge.
Good edge I can revel and dance over. :D

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Joker surpassing Aladdin in the box office.
Did Aladdin bully you when you were a kiddo?

Did he make fun of you, or stole your lunch?
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Did Aladdin bully you when you were a kiddo?

No. I just hate Disney at this point for the evil and manipulative greedy megacorporation it is.

That and these lifeless carbon copies of the original animated classics shouldn't even exist since we have the animated classics only being made to take advantage of people's nostalgia.

Also Joker was a good movie that more then earns the money it had made.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:06 am, edited 6 times in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:Did Aladdin bully you when you were a kiddo?

No. I just hate Disney at this point for the evil and manipulative greedy megacorporation it is.

That and these lifeless carbon copies of the original animated classics shouldn't even exist since we have the animated classics only being made to take advantage of people's nostalgia.

Also Joker was a good movie that more then earns the money it had made.
And that would be a valid reason for criticizing Aladdin once. Maybe twice or even thrice.

But every single fucking time?

Dude, you're O B S E S S E D with bitching on Disney and Aladdin and Marvel and whatever else you bitch about, I don't care.

And I won't claim to speak for everyone, but also I sincerely doubt I'm the only tired of seeing you bitch about Disney endlessly
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I just found out that Love Actually, one of my favorites, will be shown on the big screen here on the 17th! What a great early Christmas present! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Our towns Christmas parade....

This year they have good floats.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Last night I went to a really awesome Christmas party with an open bar. Today I’m hopping on a bus to go to Shiga Ken to study Japanese for a week at this place. Shiga ken is beautiful, there’s a large lake and some other stuff. Tonight I’m stopping in Nagoya to see another friend as well. As the school semester ended my life for the next few weeks is in total relaxation mode.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I think I just found a real life mad genius. And yes, it's an actual burning laser and not just a pointer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmdmiFvOvsg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

On the Shinkansen to Lake Biwa/Shiga-Ken. The autumn foliage in japan is so beautiful, and it’s cool seeing snowy mountains in a five minute time span.

Added in 6 hours 32 minutes 36 seconds:
I’m attending a week long seminar near Kyoto sponsored by the government, in order to improve my Japanese. These aren’t Japanese classes per say, but college level classes about interpreting and communication in Japanese. A lot of it is super nuanced.

I just took two classes, and they’re all in Japanese, but I was able to get by. The topic/class was about the difference between “translation” and “interpretation” and the different styles of interpretation. There’s so many skills people don’t think about going into the former. Tons of super jargon stuff but good.

Anyways, I gotta change into my suit and attend a formal dinner party now. It’s cool because since I’m so close to Kyoto I might try to go to Kyoto tomorrow night and see if there’s anything interesting Godzilla related.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:On the Shinkansen to Lake Biwa/Shiga-Ken. The autumn foliage in japan is so beautiful, and it’s cool seeing snowy mountains in a five minute time span.

Added in 6 hours 32 minutes 36 seconds:
I’m attending a week long seminar near Kyoto sponsored by the government, in order to improve my Japanese. These aren’t Japanese classes per say, but college level classes about interpreting and communication in Japanese. A lot of it is super nuanced.

I just took two classes, and they’re all in Japanese, but I was able to get by. The topic/class was about the difference between “translation” and “interpretation” and the different styles of interpretation. There’s so many skills people don’t think about going into the former. Tons of super jargon stuff but good.

Anyways, I gotta change into my suit and attend a formal dinner party now. It’s cool because since I’m so close to Kyoto I might try to go to Kyoto tomorrow night and see if there’s anything interesting Godzilla related.
Wait, you're in Japan?! I had no idea! :O

Anyway, my depression finally came back today after way too long being happy and confident. So, that's nice for other people I assume. Here at least.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

おはようございます!

Place where my conference is along Lake Biwa. Pretty sure some Toho films have moments with the lake in it. I think this is the same lake that Sanda and Gaira swim and fight in.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Image
おはようございます!

Place where my conference is along Lake Biwa. Pretty sure some Toho films have moments with the lake in it. I think this is the same lake that Sanda and Gaira swim and fight in.
Also where one of the two IGFA world record largemouth was caught (outweighed the previous record by an ounce but they changed the rules so it’s now a shared record)
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Got the tree up today with some custom made Gorillaz ornaments:

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Good evening
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I went holiday shopping with my mom. Got stuff for everyone on my list and a couple dumb shirts for myself. One's that "Godzilla World Destruction Tour" one (without the design on the back, but whatever) and the other is a cool one of Pennywise I liked the design of, reminds me of a tarot card.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’ll let you know when Frankenstein shows up.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

This was back on Monday night, but I haven't been on the board much, so I didn't have time to mention it, but...

It turns out that I do not need open heart surgery at this time!

I will still need it at some point. Might be in a year, might be in five years, probably won't wait as long as ten years. But even if it does wait that long, as long as I maintain my current diet and exercise regimen, I should still be an ideal candidate for surgery at that point.

Also, we got a puppy late last week. Her name is Buffy Shellhammer.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

eabaker wrote:This was back on Monday night, but I haven't been on the board much, so I didn't have time to mention it, but...

It turns out that I do not need open heart surgery at this time!

I will still need it at some point. Might be in a year, might be in five years, probably won't wait as long as ten years. But even if it does wait that long, as long as I maintain my current diet and exercise regimen, I should still be an ideal candidate for surgery at that point.

Also, we got a puppy late last week. Her name is Buffy Shellhammer.
That's great news.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Someone I think is cute called me cute. Like, they meant it and junk and now I'm crushing on them. >_<