What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by eabaker »

Reema Dodin, a girl (now woman) I was friends with in elementary school/junior high/high school, is now deputy director of the White House Office of Legislative Affairs. She is the highest ranking Palestinian-American women ever to work in the executive branch, and assisted Dick Durbin on the Senate floor for years.

“For years, my person on the Senate floor has been this woman. This amazing woman. I am grateful for her service to the Senate, her service to the people of Illinois and to our nation,” the Democratic senator said. “I know that she’ll be a tremendous asset to President Biden, and to the nation. In these divided times it’s rare to find a public servant like Reema, whose excellence and integrity is so widely admired on both sides of the aisle. No one understands better than Reema how this Senate works,” Durbin added.

I am so, so happy for her.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I am undergoing a hype overload due to a certain movie trailer.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:57 am I am undergoing a hype overload due to a certain movie trailer.
Doctor KingKevzilla recommends a comfortable chair and a good stiff drink for that.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:57 am I am undergoing a hype overload due to a certain movie trailer.
This right here. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Trump lawyer Giuliani faces $1.3 billion lawsuit over 'big lie' election fraud claims

- https://www.yahoo.com/news/dominion-vot ... 15010.html

hahahahaha I hate this P.O.S and considering he made 20K a day making those bogus fraud claims and inciting the Capital Riot I hope they get it. Yes I know its unlikely but I do find it funny.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I would say that the trailer might've shown a bit too much of the action, but beyond that mild critique, holy mothertrucking crap.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I think I just saw Neil Breen in a commercial playing the piano with a kid.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Waking up to a beautiful, calm morning after a night of heavy rain. It's been cloudy the past few days where I live and I love it.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Caught a glimpse of a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my birdfeeder and managed to find it again hopping about the trees. Gosh it's been, what, 7-8 years now since I've seen one? I was beginning to think they had left my local ecosystem entirely. I checked on Audubon's website afterwards and it turns out their year-round/winter range has shifted a bit since my busted old field guide, so it looks like they're only winter guests now. Still I'm happy to know they're out there, looking forward to spying them again in the future.
Last edited by Gomi: Ninja Monster on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:33 pm Caught a glimpse of a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my birdfeeder and managed to find it again hopping about the trees. Gosh it's been, what, 7-8 years now since I've seen one? I was beginning to think they had left my local ecosystem entirely. I checked on Audubon's website afterwards and it turns out their year-round/winter range has shifted a bit since my busted old field guide, so it looks like they're only winter guests now. Still I'm happy to know they're out there, looking forward to spying them again in the future.
Nice! I have those in my area, too, but I don't see them often. Or at least don't recognize them when I do; they're kind of nondescript from a distance, and I probably mistake them for their smaller brown-headed cousins, which I see all the time. Last time I had bird feeders active they made pretty regular appearances, but it's been about two years since I took the old feeders down. I'll have to get new ones up soon, I miss them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G-Force Personnel

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:09 am
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:33 pm Caught a glimpse of a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my birdfeeder and managed to find it again hopping about the trees. Gosh it's been, what, 7-8 years now since I've seen one? I was beginning to think they had left my local ecosystem entirely. I checked on Audubon's website afterwards and it turns out their year-round/winter range has shifted a bit since my busted old field guide, so it looks like they're only winter guests now. Still I'm happy to know they're out there, looking forward to spying them again in the future.
Nice! I have those in my area, too, but I don't see them often. Or at least don't recognize them when I do; they're kind of nondescript from a distance, and I probably mistake them for their smaller brown-headed cousins, which I see all the time. Last time I had bird feeders active they made pretty regular appearances, but it's been about two years since I took the old feeders down. I'll have to get new ones up soon, I miss them.
Ooh, never seen those, range doesn't extend far enough. It's easier for me to tell the Red-breasted apart from other birds because the only species with similar mannerisms is the White-breasted Nuthatch, which is almost twice the size. Definitely put them back up if you can, I stopped refilling mine consistently for a few months and yeah, life got a lot less vibrant. Probably need to replace my wooden feeder though, the birds are starting to crack seeds and peck for insects in the gap between the roof boards.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've been trying to make thumbnails for Death Battle for.. about a good month now after i learned about Google Drawings. I'm not too proud of most of them, but this one? Perfect renders, plus nice background= something great! Plus the fact it's a match i really love: Anti-Spiral (Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagaan) vs. Anti-Monitor! (DC Comics)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Beat Demon's Souls on the PS5! That was one hell of a ride. Easily one of the most challenging games I've ever completed, definitely between this and Dead Space 2 on Zealot difficulty; unless you want to talk old school, then Castlevania or Super Mario Bros 3 on NES might take the cake. It was the perfect game for me, one that challenged me to improve without frustrating me so much that I just threw my controller down and quit. I want to go back and give Dark Souls another shot now. Previously, I haven't been a fan of the Souls games, but I enjoyed Demon's Souls so much that it's made me open to giving them a second chance. Might start with Bloodborne, since that's the only other one I own. Hopefully, I'm "gud" enough now...
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:02 pm Beat Demon's Souls on the PS5! That was one hell of a ride. Easily one of the most challenging games I've ever completed, definitely between this and Dead Space 2 on Zealot difficulty; unless you want to talk old school, then Castlevania or Super Mario Bros 3 on NES might take the cake. It was the perfect game for me, one that challenged me to improve without frustrating me so much that I just threw my controller down and quit. I want to go back and give Dark Souls another shot now. Previously, I haven't been a fan of the Souls games, but I enjoyed Demon's Souls so much that it's made me open to giving them a second chance. Might start with Bloodborne, since that's the only other one I own. Hopefully, I'm "gud" enough now...
Bloodborne or Dark Souls is a good place to start post Demon Souls! I think though that since Dark Souls is more technically similar to demon it'll be easier starting that out. I hate to tell you this, but Demon souls is generally considered the easiest.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:28 pm Bloodborne or Dark Souls is a good place to start post Demon Souls! I think though that since Dark Souls is more technically similar to demon it'll be easier starting that out. I hate to tell you this, but Demon souls is generally considered the easiest.
I'm thinking of downloading Dark Souls Remastered but I'm hesitant to spend $40 right now. Maybe when I get my next paycheck...

Interestingly, my friend who first got me to try Dark Souls a few years back thinks the difficulty order is: Dark Souls 3 > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Sekiro. But most other people I've talked to seem to think Bloodborne is the hardest. Have you played that one through?
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yay my income tax return has been accepted!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Went on a walk with my family through the snow-drenched neighborhood last night. It was just what I needed to end the day.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

made friends with a random human in monster hunter
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I met a kid I’d acquainted in Germany when I had a vacation there 4 years ago. Turned out he moved to Australia in 2018. We met at a cafe, and at first we didn’t take notice but then we recognised each other. It was a joyous time.
For Emperor and Empire!

G-Force Personnel

Got my shipping email from BBTS, my order is waiting for carrier pickup.

Oh, and the dentist didn't find any cavities, that's cool too.