Random facts about you

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Random facts about you

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Oh that's a good one.

It's true. While I'm at work me and a couple of my coworkers take an unofficial break.... ;) and go outside to light up a cig and just unload on each other about everything in our life's or just skreeonk about management.
Sounds like back in High School when the boys would all meet up after school, just smoke and rag on each other for all the shiit that happened to them that day.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The social factor is the part that is weird, to me. And yeah, okay, I get that some people need to smoke to cope with things or whatever, fine, but you can't deny that plenty of people just think it makes them look cool. I work with a bunch of people who fall into that category, and they've asked me more than once if I have any interest in smoking or vaping, with the implication being that they'd be happy to help me start. That's not an addiction they're trying to get out of, you know?

I do believe in respecting life choices, though, so anybody who wants to is free to smoke all they want. *shrug*
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JAGzilla wrote:The social factor is the part that is weird, to me. And yeah, okay, I get that some people need to smoke to cope with things or whatever, fine, but you can't deny that plenty of people just think it makes them look cool. I work with a bunch of people who fall into that category, and they've asked me more than once if I have any interest in smoking or vaping, with the implication being that they'd be happy to help me start. That's not an addiction they're trying to get out of, you know?

I do believe in respecting life choices, though, so anybody who wants to is free to smoke all they want. *shrug*
With the exception of edgy highschool students, I don't think anyone legitimately smokes because it looks cool. Maybe vaping though, I'm at the point where I'm out of touch with the youth.

I don't like the smell, and I recognize the health issue, but at the same time I've met and seen people who use smoking as a 'holier than thou' debacle.

But, anyone who wants to help you start smoking is a bit ridiculous.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Damn, I ended up starting a whole debate about smoking and vaping on here.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Smoker coworkers are just annoying from my experience because they got extra breaks that regular workers didn't and ended up abusing it ("Somebody blinked at me? That's enough stress much for today, time for a smoke break") to the point where the management got anal about it and required you to clock in and out for basically anything that wasn't going to the toilet.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Smuggers wrote:Smoker coworkers are just annoying from my experience because they got extra breaks that regular workers didn't and ended up abusing it ("Somebody blinked at me? That's enough stress much for today, time for a smoke break") to the point where the management got anal about it and required you to clock in and out for basically anything that wasn't going to the toilet.
Wow that sucks.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I smoke because I like it...... that's it, nothing more to it.

Not to be edgy
Not to be cool
Not for stress
Not to subdue hunger

I like smoking, especially with a cold as fuck beer. I don't smoke around my kids nor inside my home nor in my car. I don't walk around town smoking, nor smoke where people are. I smoke because that's me and what I like.....thats it really.

Oh, and I'm smoking now and blowing the smoke in TK cough for me....mmm mmm good sweet nectar of life.
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I might have some degree of thalassophobia; whenever I play a game that features underwater themes and I start reaching the deeper parts of the water, I start becoming uneasy and nervous. I feel like I need to get out of the water as quickly as possible, even if there's nothing around that can actually provide a threat. It's why I struggle to play games like Ace of Seafood, since I could never manage to swim down to the deeper parts of the sea without panicking at the thought of running into a great white or some other large threat.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I trained myself to be semi-ambidexterious. My right hand is still my main one for writing, drawing, using the mouse, etc. But I can use my left one for a lot, if not most other things just as well.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:I trained myself to be semi-ambidexterious. My right hand is still my main one for writing, drawing, using the mouse, etc. But I can use my left one for a lot, if not most other things just as well.
How long did that take you? I’ve always loved the idea of being able to use either hand to write, draw, etc.

#BotM

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Godzilla165 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:I trained myself to be semi-ambidexterious. My right hand is still my main one for writing, drawing, using the mouse, etc. But I can use my left one for a lot, if not most other things just as well.
How long did that take you? I’ve always loved the idea of being able to use either hand to write, draw, etc.
Untill I was in my final 2 years of high school or my ealy 20's. Somewhere in that time frame. I can techincally write with my left hand, but it takes a longer time. I can't draw well with the left hand though. Tried many times.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I have a hard time processing my emotions because I've been suppressing them for about 8.5 years. main reason for such is, frankly a large sob story but I'm trying to get the hang of it again
your source of self destruction

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

master_of_monsters wrote:I have a hard time processing my emotions because I've been suppressing them for about 8.5 years. main reason for such is, frankly a large sob story but I'm trying to get the hang of it again
Call a crisis line and cry about it, you'll feel better. I do that at least once a month. uwu
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Its a headcanon of mine that I consider Doom and John Wick to be set in the same universe. Doom is John Wick in the future where Doom Slayer is the reincarnation of John Wick given both their pets were named Daisy (Rabbit and Beagle) going out of their way to get revenge on those that killed their beloved pet.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I've always wanted to try goat and venison. Alligator, too.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Alligator is really good, probably my favorite meat but deer is the shit, I get jerkey, steak and burgers every year from friends
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I'm down to try any species meat including human if it looks tasty tbh.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Fish Cakes wrote:I'm down to try any species meat including human if it looks tasty tbh.
Literally me, tbh.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Marijuana enthusiast

Horror movie enthusiast, none of that new shit please, I'm an oldies guy.

Father of two
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Kiryu2012 wrote:I've always wanted to try goat and venison. Alligator, too.
My brother has actually had it.

He says it tastes like chicken but thicker.