General Cryptid Topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: General Cryptid Topic

Post by G2000 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I wish i could feed you all a pill or drug of some kind that would dissolve and MAKE some of you believe in bigfoot.
I think you should take a pill or two
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

G2000 wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I wish i could feed you all a pill or drug of some kind that would dissolve and MAKE some of you believe in bigfoot.
I think you should take a pill or two
What can i do to convince you there MIGHT be something? I could link you to podcasts or post pictures and audio recordings.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

What good would it do? Whether anyone 'believes' or not is irrelevant when concrete evidence of Bigfoot's existence seems impossible to obtain. Believers sometimes spend years searching in the woods and never have a single sighting, while the most hardline skeptic who considers the whole subject a joke might randomly find one of these things with its face pressed up against his living room window one night. It's all down to chance. Or maybe it isn't, I don't know.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:What can i do to convince you there MIGHT be something? I could link you to podcasts or post pictures and audio recordings.
You can try but it would be pointless, I stopped believing in Bigfoot a long time ago

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

JAGzilla wrote:
What good would it do? Whether anyone 'believes' or not is irrelevant when concrete evidence of Bigfoot's existence seems impossible to obtain. Believers sometimes spend years searching in the woods and never have a single sighting, while the most hardline skeptic who considers the whole subject a joke might randomly find one of these things with its face pressed up against his living room window one night. It's all down to chance. Or maybe it isn't, I don't know.
Yeah. That's true. Must be frustrating for a lot of people to never see any results after decades.

Even if it's not true, I really enjoy listening to this stuff and reading it as entertainment. I love researchers take the time to talk to native american communities, and try to blend the spiritual side with science.

May I ask what you think of the Sasquatch phenomenon?
G2000 wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:What can i do to convince you there MIGHT be something? I could link you to podcasts or post pictures and audio recordings.
You can try but it would be pointless, I stopped believing in Bigfoot a long time ago
You did? Why did you stop believing? And how much time did you invest into this?

I know a researcher who gave up and just accepted the fact that he'll never know and he has no control over this. He didn't want to be one of those guys who spends decades and never finds anything. He just accepted that it is whatever it is.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:You did? Why did you stop believing? And how much time did you invest into this?

I know a researcher who gave up and just accepted the fact that he'll never know and he has no control over this. He didn't want to be one of those guys who spends decades and never finds anything. He just accepted that it is whatever it is.
I used to be obsessed with it as a kid but eventually the more I read the more apparent it was that if there was a real breeding population of sasaquatches in America we'd have some sort of undeniable proof

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:What can i do to convince you there MIGHT be something?
Don't listen to those podcast because they're probably just people looking for fame, make sure to dive deep into a sighting to make sure it's legitimate... actually capture one?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Don't listen to those podcast because they're probably just people looking for fame, make sure to dive deep into a sighting to make sure it's legitimate... actually capture one?
But what if they come back with proof of having found a chain of vaguely bones shaped islands that has a giant one?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
But what if they come back with proof of having found a chain of vaguely bones shaped islands that has a giant one?
As long as they keep it away from New York, we'll be fine. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: May I ask what you think of the Sasquatch phenomenon?
I think there's something to it. There are hoaxes, lies, and misinterpretations involved, absolutely... but it's been going on too long, too many sightings, too many tracks, to just be nothing but that stuff. Even if one is inclined to dismiss Native American beliefs for whatever reason, some sightings were reported by isolated people or communities long before Bigfoot was in the (non-Native) collective consciousness, and before there was anything to be gained from a hoax. And even today, many sightings are reported anonymously, so those people can't be attention seekers... some are just liars or wrong, but all of them? I don't know. That'd be pretty depressing, wouldn't it? :lol:

As for exactly what Bigfoot is... I don't totally discount the possibility of an unknown primate. If these creatures are as smart as or smarter than we are, combined with their in-depth knowledge of forest environments, they could certainly be elusive if they wanted to. The fact that none of them ever screw up and get shot or hit by a vehicle or die in a conspicuous location or stand still long enough for someone to get a decent photograph is a problem, though. There is the possibility of a coverup by logging companies and/or the government, but it's hard to believe it would be this effective.

So, as I've said elsewhere in this thread, I think Bigfoot is something more than flesh and blood as we know them. An interdimensional entity, a 'spirit', whatever you want to call it... it exists in a state we don't understand, apparently flickering in and out of reality as we know it, or possibly changing form, and that's why we can't find it. Other cryptids, ghosts, UFOs, and various religious entities (no offense) behave similarly, so that implies that they may be part of this same phenomenon. These things are encountered constantly, everywhere on Earth, across every culture and all throughout human history, and while they may appear in different guises for different times and places, they behave broadly the same way. That doesn't seem like a coincidence.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

One thing that really irritates me is how bigfoot "researchers" have to get involved with every other cryptid that vaguely sounds like a great ape. Orang Pendek? It's a bigfoot! Sure, the supposed foot morphology, behavior, and appearance is different, but it's an ape that walks on 2 legs, so it must be the same! Mapinguary? It walsk bipedally and is hairy, right? it MUST be a south american bigfoot. Let's just conveniently ignore the giant claws, horselike face, and long tail that tally better with a giant sloth (Which is something that did live in the area and we have proof of existing), this is proof positive great apes exist in the americas because it would make sense for them to colonize south america too!
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:One thing that really irritates me is how bigfoot "researchers" have to get involved with every other cryptid that vaguely sounds like a great ape. Orang Pendek? It's a bigfoot! Sure, the supposed foot morphology, behavior, and appearance is different, but it's an ape that walks on 2 legs, so it must be the same! Mapinguary? It walsk bipedally and is hairy, right? it MUST be a south american bigfoot. Let's just conveniently ignore the giant claws, horselike face, and long tail that tally better with a giant sloth (Which is something that did live in the area and we have proof of existing), this is proof positive great apes exist in the americas because it would make sense for them to colonize south america too!
Oh tell me about it. Or how every lake monster becomes "(Insert Country) Nessie"?

Cryptozoologists have this weird mix of believing ALL this bullshit and also downplaying the weird. Like, yes these legends of a shark squid sea god are real but it's not REALLY a god its just an octopus, the same octopus as these dudes in Asia talk about despite having no contact and wildly different accounts

RIP Evan.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I like the idea that Nessie could be a giant mollusk rather than a plesiosaur or whatever, because I really want giant mollusks to exist.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

1. Loch Ness Monster
2. Bigfoot
3. Yeti
4. Molkele Membe
5. Mothman
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I've uploaded some art of cryptids over in my art thread

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My father claims to have seen a Yowie in the bush back in '85.
For Emperor and Empire!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

VoyagerGoji wrote:My father claims to have seen a Yowie in the bush back in '85.
Don't talk about your mother that way.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

tbeasley wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:My father claims to have seen a Yowie in the bush back in '85.
Don't talk about your mother that way.
:mad: C’mon.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira2001
GPN Volunteer

Post by Gojira2001 »

Aka The Australian Bigfoot (or the Australian Gigantopithecus).

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

A cool concept came to me in my head and wanted to share it since this is the most appropriate. Something I'd love to see in a show, movie, or such.

The idea that Bigfoots/Sasquatches are spiritual beings from the Spirit World that at times comes into our world before returning back to the former being these guardians of forests.