The Official Looking for this Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Re: Official "Looking For This" Thread

Post by Oasis_S »

If anyone has a Future Boom Gabara I swear to Good Golly I'll give you $50 for that.

Got that Gab.
Last edited by Oasis_S on Sat May 09, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

MandaSaurus wrote:Anyone know where I can get a decent price on Yamaguchi Revoltech No. 0129 Lupin III First Series Version( green coat )?
Never mind - bought it for $73.

What is a fair price for Figma/Max Factory's Giant Warrior from Studio Ghibli's "Giant God Warrior Descends on Tokyo"?

CHEEZYSPAM
Ronin

Post by CHEEZYSPAM »

I'm trying to complete my Godzilla Toy Vault collection I only need

Anguirus (Large version)

If someone has one to sell, or knows somewhere or somebody who'd be willing to consider, please let me know! thanks!
Last edited by CHEEZYSPAM on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a mod over @ http://www.reddit.com/r/godzilla. We're a friendly group, so stop by and say 'ello!

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

If anyone has any Bandai Creation or Bandai Japan vinyls they'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to buy em for a reasonable price. Maybe $10-$40, perhaps more for older, rarer ones. Of course I don't have a ton of money and usually rely on my partner giving me money now and then, so it may be a while before I'm able to buy anything. Links to sources of where I can find em for cheap in the US would be helpful too. And if you want to sell to me, provide pictures so I can see the condition the figure is in. Don't have to be mint or have tags, just wanna make sure they're decent.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

KaijuFiend wrote:If anyone has any Bandai Creation or Bandai Japan vinyls they'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to buy em for a reasonable price. Maybe $10-$40, perhaps more for older, rarer ones. Of course I don't have a ton of money and usually rely on my partner giving me money now and then, so it may be a while before I'm able to buy anything. Links to sources of where I can find em for cheap in the US would be helpful too. And if you want to sell to me, provide pictures so I can see the condition the figure is in. Don't have to be mint or have tags, just wanna make sure they're decent.
Ebay is your best bet

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuFiend wrote:If anyone has any Bandai Creation or Bandai Japan vinyls they'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to buy em for a reasonable price. Maybe $10-$40, perhaps more for older, rarer ones. Of course I don't have a ton of money and usually rely on my partner giving me money now and then, so it may be a while before I'm able to buy anything. Links to sources of where I can find em for cheap in the US would be helpful too. And if you want to sell to me, provide pictures so I can see the condition the figure is in. Don't have to be mint or have tags, just wanna make sure they're decent.
Interested in any of the 12" figures? I've got all three and I've been looking to sell them due to a lack of space.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

UltramanGoji wrote: Interested in any of the 12" figures? I've got all three and I've been looking to sell them due to a lack of space.
Unfortunately, no. I prefer the 6" figures. I'd only want 12" if it was something that should be a lot bigger than Godzilla, like Ghidorah, Biollante, or maybe Destroyah.

Ashram52
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ashram52 »

Hey guys, I'm looking for an Iwakura Kameba/Kamoebas, and Ganime.

I'm putting together a 'special project' for the forum and I've managed to gather a figure for just about every kaiju character from Toho's lineup in the same scale except for a few tough holdouts, namely:

-Mecha Kong.
-Titanosaurous.
-Kameba.
-Ganime.

Now I'm aware of existing figures for Ganime and Kameba that will work, but just finding them is challenging. I think Mecha Kong and Titanosaurous are basically a lost cause. I've actually resorted to scratch building Titanosaurous. But if anyone is aware of gashapon sized figures of these characters let me know.

Thanks!

Oh, and I have a lot of figures I'm willing to trade if anyone happens to have any of those Iwakura figures. I'm willing to trade a bunch of figures for those characters. ;)
Custom Godzilla Modeler

Oasis_S
GPN Volunteer

Post by Oasis_S »

I'm sure anyone who has a Zacca Manda probably wants to hold on to it, but I would give exorbitant amounts of money for one.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Ashram52 wrote:Hey guys, I'm looking for an Iwakura Kameba/Kamoebas, and Ganime.

I'm putting together a 'special project' for the forum and I've managed to gather a figure for just about every kaiju character from Toho's lineup in the same scale except for a few tough holdouts, namely:

-Mecha Kong.
-Titanosaurous.
-Kameba.
-Ganime.

Now I'm aware of existing figures for Ganime and Kameba that will work, but just finding them is challenging. I think Mecha Kong and Titanosaurous are basically a lost cause. I've actually resorted to scratch building Titanosaurous. But if anyone is aware of gashapon sized figures of these characters let me know.

Thanks!

Oh, and I have a lot of figures I'm willing to trade if anyone happens to have any of those Iwakura figures. I'm willing to trade a bunch of figures for those characters. ;)
I've had a similar goal. I've sorta given up on it now, but I got fairly far. I still want to do that one day (I did practically finish it for Gamera).

There's a large line of figures from Iwakura/Cast where they covered, well, pretty much everyone. They went as far as the Giant Lizard and Shockirus. Though they're more mini statues rather than figures (they're polystone). They did all of the ones you mention there; I have all of them except for Mechani-Kong. There are a few different ones out there but they're ridiculously hard to find.

ImageImage
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Ashram52 wrote: I'm putting together a 'special project' for the forum and I've managed to gather a figure for just about every kaiju character from Toho's lineup in the same scale except for a few tough holdouts, namely:

-Mecha Kong.
-Titanosaurous.
-Kameba.
-Ganime.

Thanks!
I'm assuming you're looking for figures in the 3-4" size range? Have you considered the minimates Titano that was released recently?

Ashram52
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ashram52 »

I'm assuming you're looking for figures in the 3-4" size range? Have you considered the minimates Titano that was released recently?
A good assumption, 3-4 inches is the desired range. :D

I've filled my ranks with everything from hyper figures to gashapon, and even some custom stuff ('Mecha-Mothra' and 'Hyper Mecha King Ghidorah' as examples). I have been eye-balling mini-mates Titanosaurous since its release. I'm somewhat tempted to use it. It's about the right size, but the quality isn't that great. The custom one I made is about as good, except for maybe the face. :?
I've had a similar goal. I've sorta given up on it now, but I got fairly far. I still want to do that one day (I did practically finish it for Gamera).

There's a large line of figures from Iwakura/Cast where they covered, well, pretty much everyone. They went as far as the Giant Lizard and Shockirus. Though they're more mini statues rather than figures (they're polystone). They did all of the ones you mention there; I have all of them except for Mechani-Kong. There are a few different ones out there but they're ridiculously hard to find.
I was actually reading your article about Iwakura figures a few days ago, good stuff. Iwakura has produced some great figures if you can find them. I've been looking for months on E-bay and had some success. I actually did see a listing with Kameba and Ganime a few weeks back, but they were part of a huge lot, most of which didn't interest me. Ended up selling for like $250 which is a little more than I'd like to pay for those.

How big are those Mecha-Kongs you posted? Anywhere else I should look?

Thanks! :)
Custom Godzilla Modeler

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Ashram52 wrote:I was actually reading your article about Iwakura figures a few days ago, good stuff. Iwakura has produced some great figures if you can find them. I've been looking for months on E-bay and had some success. I actually did see a listing with Kameba and Ganime a few weeks back, but they were part of a huge lot, most of which didn't interest me. Ended up selling for like $250 which is a little more than I'd like to pay for those.

How big are those Mecha-Kongs you posted? Anywhere else I should look?

Thanks! :)
Patience is something you'll need a lot of when it comes to these things. I'm not sure where to get them; the ones I have all come from Ebay, and those were over the course of years. Never know what you'll find, though. I got my 3" Titanosaurus in a lot of cheap plastic figures that was pretty cheap. I've seen a few of these Iwakura/Cast figures pop up on Mandarake from time to time. I believe I recently saw a Ganimes there, but its gone now.

The Mechani-Kongs, like most of these figures, should be in the 3" range, might be a bit smaller due to the large bases. I haven't seen many pictures of them so I'm not sure.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

Looking for. $25 max no tag. $30 tagged.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

Ashram52
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ashram52 »

Mr. X wrote:Patience is something you'll need a lot of when it comes to these things. I'm not sure where to get them; the ones I have all come from Ebay, and those were over the course of years. Never know what you'll find, though. I got my 3" Titanosaurus in a lot of cheap plastic figures that was pretty cheap. I've seen a few of these Iwakura/Cast figures pop up on Mandarake from time to time. I believe I recently saw a Ganimes there, but its gone now.

The Mechani-Kongs, like most of these figures, should be in the 3" range, might be a bit smaller due to the large bases. I haven't seen many pictures of them so I'm not sure.
I'm sure you are correct about patience Mr. X, sound advice.

A little help helps too. A friend on the forum has pointed me in the right direction of a "Mechani Kong - Artic Base" version. Unfortunately it's pretty pricey and the site it's on doesn't give much info on it. For the price I'm not willing to take a stab at it without knowing for sure that I"ll be able to use it. So does anyone on the forum actually have this figure? And if so, can they give some idea of the dimensions? Or even better post a picture with a more common figure for a size reference? Say a 4" Godzilla hyper figure or a common gashapon figure.

Interestingly, the figure in question doesn't quite fit the descriptions of either of the two from Mr. X's photos. It looks like the Kong from the right sided photo, but the base is totally differant from either. It appears to be taken from the moment in the film where it rises from the arctic base for the first time.

By the way Mr. X, could you post a picture of that 3" Titanosaurous? I wasn't even aware one of those existed, haven't found so much as a photo of one. Ganimes should be pretty easy for me to find on my own. There is in fact a lot on e-bay right now that has it, but again it's part of a larger lot of things I don't really need. Still, I'm confident another one of those will turn up soon.

Kameba on the other hand is one I haven't seen more than once in the year or so that I've been looking.

Thanks! :huge:
Custom Godzilla Modeler

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Ashram52 wrote:I'm sure you are correct about patience Mr. X, sound advice.

A little help helps too. A friend on the forum has pointed me in the right direction of a "Mechani Kong - Artic Base" version. Unfortunately it's pretty pricey and the site it's on doesn't give much info on it. For the price I'm not willing to take a stab at it without knowing for sure that I"ll be able to use it. So does anyone on the forum actually have this figure? And if so, can they give some idea of the dimensions? Or even better post a picture with a more common figure for a size reference? Say a 4" Godzilla hyper figure or a common gashapon figure.

Interestingly, the figure in question doesn't quite fit the descriptions of either of the two from Mr. X's photos. It looks like the Kong from the right sided photo, but the base is totally differant from either. It appears to be taken from the moment in the film where it rises from the arctic base for the first time.

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/shpimg/00/03/208/510.jpg
They put out quite a few Mechani-Kongs, I'd say a good 5 or 6 at least. That one's the second largest (behind Mechani-Kong in his hangar).

ImageImage

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact size, but from what I've seen all of their figures should be in the 3" size range. I looked for some more pics that would be able to tell me the size but couldn't find anything.
By the way Mr. X, could you post a picture of that 3" Titanosaurous? I wasn't even aware one of those existed, haven't found so much as a photo of one. Ganimes should be pretty easy for me to find on my own. There is in fact a lot on e-bay right now that has it, but again it's part of a larger lot of things I don't really need. Still, I'm confident another one of those will turn up soon.

Kameba on the other hand is one I haven't seen more than once in the year or so that I've been looking.

Thanks! :huge:

Its from Cast, basically a tiny statue (it came broken when I got it, actually, these things are fragile as hell). One of my favorite figures.

With Ganimes its just a matter of time, thankfully he was in the standard Iwakura line and is relatively easy to find compared to these. Mandarake might be the place to go for a Kameobas. Not sure if he pops up too often but I have seen others from the set he's a part of.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Ashram52
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ashram52 »

Its from Cast, basically a tiny statue (it came broken when I got it, actually, these things are fragile as hell). One of my favorite figures.With Ganimes its just a matter of time, thankfully he was in the standard Iwakura line and is relatively easy to find compared to these. Mandarake might be the place to go for a Kameobas. Not sure if he pops up too often but I have seen others from the set he's a part of-
Very cool Titanosaurous. Looks good with the gashapon figures. And as I figured, it puts my custom one to shame. :P

Well I spent a couple hrs tonight trying to do some research to find out specifications on Mechani-Kong. No luck, it's a pity that no one has documented much about these figures. I suppose I'll try to contact the folks listing the figure, but it's not an English as a primary language type vendor, so I wonder how helpful they'll end up being. I'm a little surprised that no one on the forum has this figure. Well, maybe I'll be the first. :)
Custom Godzilla Modeler

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Ok, this may not be the place to post this, but I really wasn't sure where to ask the following:

How the heck do you search for stuff on the Mandarake website????? I have never purchased anything from their website before, only from their stores. And I hear that several people find some good stuff at decent to good prices, but when I type Godzilla in the search bar, I get a measly 8 pages of books and figures. I know for a fact that they must have a ton more stuff than that. Can you give me hand?

I am looking for this set:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Check your messages :P From last I checked them, I did not see the set posted. Rule of thumb, search in Japanese and NEVER! Click "Show Sold Out Items". You will cry :P
Edit: Whoops, meant to PM that. Mass edit!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

mikenes wrote:Ok, this may not be the place to post this, but I really wasn't sure where to ask the following:

How the heck do you search for stuff on the Mandarake website????? I have never purchased anything from their website before, only from their stores. And I hear that several people find some good stuff at decent to good prices, but when I type Godzilla in the search bar, I get a measly 8 pages of books and figures. I know for a fact that they must have a ton more stuff than that. Can you give me hand?

I am looking for this set:

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx253/ultramandyna/untitled.png
I have one of those!
I have Pagos.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.