The Official Looking for this Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Re: Official "Looking For This" Thread

Post by MothraPeanuts »

^Uh, no. $70+ is not unreasonable for that figure at all, especially for the original issue with the plastic tag.

MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Post by MothraPeanuts »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
MothraPeanuts wrote:^Uh, no. $70+ is not unreasonable for that figure at all, especially for the original issue with the plastic tag.
I'm not looking for the original with tag.
Never said you were.
Just any version, preferably without tag.
For any version (except perhaps for the Memorial Box one), $70+ isn't unreasonable.

MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Post by MothraPeanuts »

Legion1979 wrote:
MothraPeanuts wrote:^Uh, no. $70+ is not unreasonable for that figure at all, especially for the original issue with the plastic tag.
Wait what? You're saying $70 isn't an unreasonable offer for an original 1984 Ghidora with tag? Am I following that correctly?

Because even in Japan those things go for $200 and up.
Now I'm confused. You're saying that in Japan they go for $200 or more, and yet $70+ is unreasonable? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

MothraPeanuts wrote:Now I'm confused. You're saying that in Japan they go for $200 or more, and yet $70+ is unreasonable? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here.
To find one selling for $70 with tag is not realistic. To offer someone $70 for a rare toy with a value of $200 + would be unreasonable to the seller.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Post by MothraPeanuts »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:
MothraPeanuts wrote:Now I'm confused. You're saying that in Japan they go for $200 or more, and yet $70+ is unreasonable? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here.
To find one selling for $70 with tag is not realistic. To offer someone $70 for a rare toy with a value of $200 + would be unreasonable to the seller.
But that was my point. G2K was looking for one in the $70 range, and basically said that anything over that is unreasonable. So I disagreed, saying that it was perfectly reasonable becuase they usually go for a lot more. I apologize if I didn't make that clear.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

MothraPeanuts wrote:
Kaiju no Mura wrote:To find one selling for $70 with tag is not realistic. To offer someone $70 for a rare toy with a value of $200 + would be unreasonable to the seller.
But that was my point. G2K was looking for one in the $70 range, and basically said that anything over that is unreasonable. So I disagreed, saying that it was perfectly reasonable becuase they usually go for a lot more. I apologize if I didn't make that clear.
There are reissues of that mold that you can get around $70-100. Legion is speaking about the 1st issue as the link Frank provided shows that picture first. And I don't think Frank cares what issue it is as long as it's that same mold.
Godzilla 2000 wrote: Traitor!
lol I was only trying to clarify a misunderstanding which you and Legion seem to be having. Legion is talking about the value of the first release of the mold.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:I did say in my original post "I'm on the hunt from ANY version of this figure. I'll even settle for the memorial box one."

Though now I'm not so sure about the Box version. It looks worse than I remember, lol.
The memorial box version won't cost you $200 + and you can always give it a gold paint job. ;)
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

MothraPeanuts
GPN Volunteer

Post by MothraPeanuts »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:There are reissues of that mold that you can get around $70-100. Legion is speaking about the 1st issue as the link Frank provided shows that picture first.
I know, and I was talking about the original issue at first for the same reason. Basically my point was the same as Legion's the whole time, that the figure usually goes for more than $70 and therefore that sum is pretty cheap (reasonable for the buyer).

And I did exclude the MB figure from the more expensive issues.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:I dunno why, but I like the deep gold coloring better than the light yellow coloring.
Well, it's more accurate, for starters...
I agree that it's a very nice looking figure.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Really, any more? Marmit Monster Heavens and Para-Babies. They've become a hideous addiction that I must feed. But, and I can think of one seller on Ebay in particular, they're generally on the expensive side so I have to be pretty choosy.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

New Question:
What's the difference between the original & re-release of the Bandai Ultra monster Antlar figure? Images would be appreciated (if you have any).

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

What's the difference between the 2005 & 2009 releases, or is the paint job the same?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Thanks, guys!
I've been looking at a couple of these figures on E-bay, and was trying to decide whether the paint job was a big enough difference to me. I agree, G2000, the 2009 figure looks better.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Now here's another Ultra Monster I wouldnt mind picking up! Nicely done, fellows.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

ClubTokyo has a link to a site called KaijuKing. It's in the early stages, but seems to focus on Bandai's ultra monster figures.
Here's the website: http://kaijuking.com/

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Drool. I'm such a catalog whore...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

...But that appears to be in Japanese. I don't know how many of us are fluent in the language.

dogora
Monsterland Worker

Post by dogora »

im slowly setting up my ultraman collection and have gotten the bakshim and king joe black with a second hand gudis on the way now its nearly christmas i have the choice of getting 5 vinyil figures now ive chosen 2 which are the newest release gudon, and a tanslucent baltan, i might also be getting a banadi ymir,but i cant geuss what else to get can any of you suggest a good figure between the £5-£13 price mark im interested in getting a dinozaur but i heard its a bit crap?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

@dogora
If you're looking for accurate figures, the current ones are common and really cheap. If Antlar is still available he's really cool looking, and Golza and Telesdon were pretty good too. For some reason I'd also recommend the vintage Antlar. I don't know why; probably because I really loved him as a kid.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'm still looking for a cheap Gomora figure, apart from the main Ultramonster Series figure.