The Official Looking for this Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official "Looking For This" Thread

Post by godzilla898 »

Galaxy NEO sculpt of Tyrant, preferably for under $30.
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMPORT-6-inch-E ... 3a6af75d1a

Only one on ebay. =(

I've ordered from him before. He has multiples of the same figure and uses stock photos.

The Destoroyah I ordered from him was in a different condition than pictured. Just paint wear on the horn and claws on the hand.

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:
godzilla898 wrote:Galaxy NEO sculpt of Tyrant, preferably for under $30.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMPORT-6-inch-E ... 3a6af75d1a

Only one on ebay. =(
I think I'll pass on that, but thanks anyway.
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

General advice needed: does anyone know of a good quality Ghidorah figure (not GMK) that fits properly in scale with BANDAI's 6'' line?
Actually, that goes for Destroyah and Hedorah too.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Rody wrote:General advice needed: does anyone know of a good quality Ghidorah figure (not GMK) that fits properly in scale with BANDAI's 6'' line?
Actually, that goes for Destroyah and Hedorah too.
I'm told the 8" scale King Ghidorah and Hedorah figures fit in-scale fine with the 6" figures but don't own them.

Bandai Creation's Destoroyah figure is fairly in-scale.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I had that impression, but honestly those figures look ugly, especially Hedorah.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Rody wrote:I had that impression, but honestly those figures look ugly, especially Hedorah.

This.

Bandai has only made one good looking Hedorah, and that isn't in scale to anything. And every Ghidorah figure Bandai has made is ugly as sin aside from Grand and Cretaceous.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Legion1979 wrote:
But to be fair, it's still a great looking figure, especially for what it costs.

Oh, pfft, yeah. That goes without saying. I'm looking to grab the movie monster series one, as stated in this thread.
Legion1979 wrote: Ok, let's back up a second. For a figure made in 1984, the original Bandai King Ghidora is a really terrific toy and is loved by many hardcore Bandai enthusiasts. The large Great Monsters Series Ghidora is another really cool figure, and is only hindered by those unfortunately brittle wings. Finally the 8" GMK King Ghidora is another great toy with terrific detail and paint. It's only a let down if you really don't like the design of the GMK Ghidora.

EDIT: WAIT, I take that back. I was looking at the wrong picture. Still, though, compared to today's line, I think it could be done better. Hopefully something will come soon, or perhaps a awesome Tamashii release.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Ghidorah-6 ... 3cbcf8c09d

That looks... Better. But it still shouldn't be smaller than/ of equal size to Godzilla.

And Rody didn't want the GMK version, which I think is better than the movie representation. Don't know why, though.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I want a DESTROYER OF WORLDS, not a mythical underdog. I have the 6'' Movie monster figure, which is pretty nice, but it's so short!

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

If somebody can find any of the GMK monsters for $25 max that would be great.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Rody wrote:I want a DESTROYER OF WORLDS, not a mythical underdog. I have the 6'' Movie monster figure, which is pretty nice, but it's so short!
There's really not much to work with on the 6" scale, dude.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

King Ghidorah should tower over most other monsters. The movie monsters figure is basically the exact same as my other 6'' BANDAI/BC figures.

Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Post by Varan 1958 »

Biollante wrote:If somebody can find any of the GMK monsters for $25 max that would be great.
Sadly, I've rarely see them under $40, and when they are, they usually go up to that amount. Anyways, how did your bidding go on that Ghidorah figure you saw?
Anyways, I'm currently looking for a Godzilla 2K 6in. figure for $30 at most. I've seen biddings of it usually go for around that much, so it's seems reasonable for that amount.
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?
Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Don't know if this is strictly Toho toys, but I'm looking for a Fire Golza from Ultraman Tiga, a Mem. Box G55, 62, 64, 67, 68, 74, Fake G, Rodan, 05, Meltdown, and Ghidorah. From the older Mem. Box I'd like a Megalon, Mothra Larva and Battra Larva. But most of all, I'm looking for a Titanosaurus for under $50.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Post by Biollante »

Varan 1958 wrote:
Biollante wrote:If somebody can find any of the GMK monsters for $25 max that would be great.
Anyways, how did your bidding go on that Ghidorah figure you saw?
Sniped. :(

Varan 1958
Interpol Agent

Post by Varan 1958 »

Biollante wrote:
Varan 1958 wrote:
Anyways, how did your bidding go on that Ghidorah figure you saw?
Sniped. :(
Don't worry, it will pop up again eventually. Here is a tip. When you find another one, don't give everyone on the site a link to it or else you might be out bid by them. I was thinking about biding on it actually, but I found something MUCH better that I got much more eaiser. Anyways, I'm looking for a Godzilla Marmit figure, if possible, under $40.
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GodzillaIsCool wrote:Should we just start spreading our own rumors that Jet Jaguar makes a comeback in this movie? And Godzilla will be stop and go motion puppet?
Or riding a bike with Minilla while singing Born To Be Wild.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

I recall someone on here looking for the Rocket Pro Gamera 1995 version that was originally a game prize before being imported into the US for sale. On ebay now for buy it now at $50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamera-95-Vinyl ... 43aa69b8e5

SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

therealmccoy
EDF Instructor

Post by therealmccoy »

Can anybody tell me what Ultraman movies/discs are available? Besides the original; I have that one already. That's what got me interested. The only thing I can find on Amazon is Tiga, and I don't remember what I found on EBay. The first two boxes of Tiga are priced ok, but the other two are ridiculous; making the jump from I think less than twenty all the way up to seventy-five. Any other series/movies available?
Join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065
Check out Jahgee's Hall of Awesome:
http://jahgeeshallofawesome.forumotion.com/
Check out my monster movie reviews at:
http://skreeonk.com/

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:I recall someone on here looking for the Rocket Pro Gamera 1995 version that was originally a game prize before being imported into the US for sale. On ebay now for buy it now at $50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamera-95-Vinyl ... 43aa69b8e5

Don't really care for Gamera. But this is a super nice figure :g2k:

YonggaryRGG
Yojimbo

Post by YonggaryRGG »

Recently I've been looking for a good photo book for the Gamera films, like this one:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/books/everyt ... dzilla.htm

Does anyone know of any books that come close to this one in terms of presentation?