Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:They're not even recolored or anything.
Technically, they are. These releases feature less paint on them than the older releases.

Gigan's blue is now exclusively on his upper body and there's no trace of it anywhere below his shoulders. His tail tip is also unpainted and the fins are now less extensively colored. I'm not sure but I think the coloration on his metal bits is also brighter than the original. Anguirus' shoulder armor, tail tip, and tongue are now unpainted. His shell and horns also seem to be more flatly colored (similar to the Bandai Creation figure). And much like Gigan, anything below G54's shoulders are now unpainted. Only the top of his head and the spines have any paint on them.
HNNNNG, wish you hadn't pointed that out. Now I'll have to get them. The Gigan one is the most drastically different.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:They're not even recolored or anything.
Technically, they are. These releases feature less paint on them than the older releases.

Gigan's blue is now exclusively on his upper body and there's no trace of it anywhere below his shoulders. His tail tip is also unpainted and the fins are now less extensively colored. I'm not sure but I think the coloration on his metal bits is also brighter than the original. Anguirus' shoulder armor, tail tip, and tongue are now unpainted. His shell and horns also seem to be more flatly colored (similar to the Bandai Creation figure). And much like Gigan, anything below G54's shoulders are now unpainted. Only the top of his head and the spines have any paint on them.
HNNNNG, wish you hadn't pointed that out. Now I'll have to get them. The Gigan one is the most drastically different.
Why would you want the same figures, but with much worse paint. None of these new releases hold a candle to the originals paint wise.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Why would you want the same figures, but with much worse paint. None of these new releases hold a candle to the originals paint wise.
Cause I had all those figures since I was like 7 or 8, and they lack the tags and also are a little damaged. Since I don't have to import those it's not a bad deal. Obviously, other new molds and recolors will get priority, such as the GFes version, but if I see those at a hobby store, or somewhere randomly I'll definitely pick them up.

Added in 2 months 36 minutes 46 seconds:
What is a fair price for a Shin Ghidorah figure? Please post in USD. I'm curious what they go for.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

While not Japanese exclusively, there's a second wave of those little mystery bag Godzilla clips/key chain things. I have the first wave. Were kind of fun to get. Looking forward to getting wave two and using clips as shelf decorations.

Glad wave 2 is Heisei after the *mostly* Showa wave 1 which only had Kiryu as a non-Showa kaiju. Kind of weird Anguirus doesn't have one yet, but maybe he'll be in Wave 3.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

MM Raids Again wrote:While not Japanese exclusively, there's a second wave of those little mystery bag Godzilla clips/key chain things. I have the first wave. Were kind of fun to get. Looking forward to getting wave two and using clips as shelf decorations.

Glad wave 2 is Heisei after the *mostly* Showa wave 1 which only had Kiryu as a non-Showa kaiju. Kind of weird Anguirus doesn't have one yet, but maybe he'll be in Wave 3.
These look adorable...I especially love the Dorat, lol.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

For anyone disappointed (like myself) in the Bandai MMS standard Ghidorah 2019.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... nt-version

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MM Raids Again wrote:For anyone disappointed (like myself) in the Bandai MMS standard Ghidorah 2019.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... nt-version
If Corona isn't too bad I'll take a trip to Tokyo and get it!

Looks good, and is slightly bigger, though I hope that it'll be better standing up right.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Looks good, and is slightly bigger, though I hope that it'll be better standing up right.
I don't think they changed the actual mold at all, so it's probably going to have the same problem.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Looks good, and is slightly bigger, though I hope that it'll be better standing up right.
I don't think they changed the actual mold at all, so it's probably going to have the same problem.
It might just be the paint, or my memory, but looking at the feet/legs it looks like the mold has been given slightly more detail. In any case I would be more careful which one I purchase and be careful with it. Might be a nice new exclusive to add to my collection though.

Btw, really nice exclusive Movie Monster Series Shin is in stock:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550010/

And a hedorah to boot, hmm maybe I'll take a trip.
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0900031/

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So no Maguma stuff at all, huh?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So no Maguma stuff at all, huh?
What made you think we'd ever get Maguma stuff?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
No lie, I was really hoping the Bandai Premium line would stay away from the main stream kaiju so we'd get figures of guys like Maguma, Dogora and the Yog trio... :(

Quote of the Year:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Show some damn respect to the kaiju who destroyed North Korea alone.

But like MM says, I was hoping that too, maybe with the Griffin from Lattitude Zero.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yoooooo.
april fools

Quote of the Year:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

You ass nugget. I forgot it was April Fool's Day.

Funny you post this exact custom though. I posted something similar in the Custom Figures thread.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

New DST reveal for pre-order now. Was supposed to be a SDCC exclusive. Then a Gamestop exclusive. But since both of them are virtually dead, places by BBTS are taking orders...

Quote of the Year:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

New, and what will probably be the final, set of KOTM figures. It's some special Gashapon thing:
Includes Godzilla, Fire Godzilla, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Mothra Larva and Mothra Adult.
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG1290001/

I'm sure these are higher quality figures than the standard set. However, what annoys me is that with that price, you could've easily thrown in a Behemoth, the Muto Queen, Scylla and that other monster.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

YMSF is reissuing both Megalons and Pink Eyed Kumunga on 7/4

https://www.facebook.com/ymsf.llc He's selling them through facebook
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

If Bandai doesn't keep using the Gamera license, hopefully Revoltech picks it up again and starts their G3 line.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote of the Year: