What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2021 edition

Post by goji89 »

G1985 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:36 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:59 pm Irys feels so out of place in the Gamera trilogy for me, I think it's overrated to high Hell. It feels like a design that would best be used in that Ultraman ripoff series.... Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad?
Tsuburaya Productions' own Gridman is "that Ultraman ripoff series"? We can't be friends any more.
I knew that lol.

I just couldn't remember the name until I wrote ripoff series then it just clicked.

So we can still be friends :huge:
My mom said I can sleepover, we can build pillow forts and stay up late just talking about our hopes and dreams. I'll bring the Marshmallows.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm My mom said I can sleepover, we can build pillow forts and stay up late just talking about our hopes and dreams. I'll bring the Marshmallows.
Imma invite myself to this, as long we're allowed to stay up until 10 o'clock. :g2k:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:21 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm My mom said I can sleepover, we can build pillow forts and stay up late just talking about our hopes and dreams. I'll bring the Marshmallows.
Imma invite myself to this, as long we're allowed to stay up until 10 o'clock. :g2k:
Oh man 10 o'clock?
You're a mad man....I love it, heck maybe till 11 if we sneak some soda's in.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^Mtn Dew, I reckon. We'll chug a few dozen at least. This is gonna be epic.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Actually, I do have a Godzilla holy grail that I havent been able to get:
This is a Mothra Kaiju Legends figure. I did, after all, set out to have every single Godzilla suit in vinyl, and Godzilla 1998 would technically be included because a suit was used in that movie.
*Btw if anyone can find one for a good price/be willing to sell one, let me know ;) *
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:48 am Actually, I do have a Godzilla holy grail that I havent been able to get:
This is a Mothra Kaiju Legends figure. I did, after all, set out to have every single Godzilla suit in vinyl, and Godzilla 1998 would technically be included because a suit was used in that movie.
*Btw if anyone can find one for a good price/be willing to sell one, let me know ;) *
I genuinely didnt think that the very day I posted this Id find a seller willing to hold it for me till I get paid and give it to me for $60, but today was indeed that day.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

To each their own I guess, but I think $60 for that figure is really high. It’s only about 3.5 inches tall. I had that set and sold it a few years ago b/c it didn’t really hold up IMO. The figures somehow seemed less than typical Bandai quality and all four of them had issues with really loose joints.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

canofhumdingers wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:59 pm To each their own I guess, but I think $60 for that figure is really high. It’s only about 3.5 inches tall. I had that set and sold it a few years ago b/c it didn’t really hold up IMO. The figures somehow seemed less than typical Bandai quality and all four of them had issues with really loose joints.
Considering that its the only vinyl toy of 1998 out there that actually looks decent and its extremely hard to fine, I truly don't mind.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:48 am Actually, I do have a Godzilla holy grail that I havent been able to get:
Always preferred the Yutaka Real Hero Series Godzilla 1998, myself.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 am

I have never even heard of that before. Damn. Honestly, it looks very similar to the Bandai one.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:08 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 am

I have never even heard of that before. Damn. Honestly, it looks very similar to the Bandai one.
But wait, there's more....there's also this 4" high solid vinyl candy toy from Bandai's 1998 assortment of their Hyper Godzilla line:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I was aware of that one, and could have gotten it. But I passed on it, simply cause the lack of paint

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

There's also a Battle Box figure of the version that appeared in Final Wars (so "Zilla 2004" maybe?). I do own one but don't have a photo of it at the moment.

In my opinion it's the best American Godzilla vinyl we've ever gotten. Great sculpt, proportions, and choice of color for the vinyl/paint. The only downside is its small size. If they could just upscale that thing to 6 inches and release it in the Movie Monster Series...

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Matango on a Tricycle.

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

I would say that I have two: X-Plus Biollante and Gigantic Shin, either roaring or closed mouth.

I’m a little salty at the moment because I had found a reputable site that had a Biollante up for preorder; I recently got the email from them canceling my order and refunding me. So close!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

My holy grails are so rare and out of my price range that it isn't even worth mentioning them.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:24 am My holy grails are so rare and out of my price range that it isn't even worth mentioning them.
But now that you have mentioned them, you might as well tell us what they are… :P :huge:

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

At this point my own list isn't impossible or even very difficult, I just don't know how best to make it work. I want a decently posable Ghidorah (classical style) that will be tall enough to work with my Music Box 1989 Godzilla, which sort of set the 'scale' to use the word very loosely for my monster shelf. I know that MonsterArts made one that was good except supposedly the wing joints were rather fragile. I look forwards to seeing if Super 7 makes something comparable that would be cheaper, I have their Baxter Stockman, so I know their joints don't have to be particularly fragile in the Ultimates line, but we'll see. I'm not buying anything till I see what they come out with and if MonsterArts does another Ghidorah as it was one of their ones in the survey. One advantage I do have is I don't have any timetable, so if I have to wait a while, that's fine if it gets me what I want.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:45 pm X-Plus 30 CM Godzilla '62, '68 or '74.
Marmit Anguirus '04
SHMA Mecha-King Ghidorah
Adding to this:

CCP Varan
CCP King Ghidorah

Currently eyeballing a possible Ghidorah, but man, I can't find the Varan anywhere anytime.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?