Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Nothing will make me abandon vinyls. I have separate areas for neca stuff and vinyl stuff and have the same incarnations for some figures. I love vinyls since they have the largest selection in a standard style and scale, not just with Godzilla but Gamera and Ultraman too.

You guys don't want your vinyls send em my way :lol:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:56 pm Yeah something tells me we'll be seeing more than 2 figures a year this time, HYPE!
Super7 actually does waves! Up to 4 a year for one line sometimes! Buckle up boys! Your wallets are going to hell, and they're not alone!

I just want Angurius :)
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

The funniest part is that the one figure that'll be out in time for this year was already ready to go cuz they thought they had cornered the license 2 years ago, ran into a snag, hit pause, and since the deal became complete a couple weeks ago essentially had one all ready to go!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

While I'm certainly happy to hear Super7 intends to do as much (and as many) as possible, I still remember Randy of NECA saying they had permission to do lots of stuff; not a whole lot came of that. I certainly hope for the best with Super7, but I'll hold off my excitement until we see something genuinely new.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Nathus214 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:29 pm I just want Angurius :)
This. Well... and '60s Rodan. And Megalon. I guess.... I guess a Gezora would be nice, too. And Jet Jaguar.

And Titanosaurus.

And Gabara. Maybe a few dozen more. But that's it, I swear.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Super7 must be flush with mad cash to obtain the license for all monsters under the Godzilla brand. Or Toho is being generous now.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Hard to believe, knowing what I've seen/heard in the past that they just sent Toho a list and they were like, "OK sure have at it."
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Agreed - everything I ever heard through the grapevine about IDW and NECA regarding kaiju licenses is that Toho nickel-and-dimed each kaiju (and even versions of kaiju) and it made the licenses quite expensive.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Might change with the “world of Godzilla”. Toho realizes they can make more with toys if they work together!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 am Might change with the “world of Godzilla”. Toho realizes they can make more with toys if they work together!
Must be the case. Toho is ramping up a second coming of Godzilla with SP and then their own cinematic universe after Godzilla vs Kong. With Godzilla coming back on all fronts, makes sense to have the license be more available.

God I hope this could lead to new video game.

daikaijusaurus
Ronin

Post by daikaijusaurus »

Oh my gosh! I cannot say how excited I am for this! I feel like a kid jumping up and down! I'm not a huge fan of Super 7, I have a few of their He-Man figures and while they have their faults, they are extremely well made figures (a little overpriced too) and you can tell that these people are fans. I am super excited to see what they do with Godzilla, I've been hoping for Ultimates style Godzilla figures for a long time and am so happy that Super 7 are the ones doing it. I am also hoping for Anguiras, as well as Hedorah and Gigan. One thing I love about the Super 7 ultimates is that they are usually always packed with accessories such as various heads, hands, weapons, etc. So I'm hoping we'll be getting the same treatment for Godzilla. I would love to see different blast effects for Godzilla, or even Mechagodzilla's finger missiles!

Again, I am Super 7 excited for this! 2022 can't come soon enough! This is such a great time to be a Godzilla fan! :D

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Damn it! I had my godzilla vs kong shelf planned as well as dipping my toes into old trendmasters finally. Now I got this to worry about XD
Super excited thou. Have some Super7 Papa Emeritus figures I just LOVE

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

The fact that they mentioned various versions of kaiju as well must mean the walls have been broken down. I'm not getting too ahead of myself here, but companies usually don't speak in such big words unless they intend to see these things through. I'm weeping at the idea of a consistent scale, and high quality set of Toho kaiju. I think these would be the perfect medium between MonsterArts and X-Plus.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

The thing that really sucks here, none of these toys will be releasing until 2022. That is a long ass time from now.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

It hopefully wont feel too long, if we can keep the general kaiju hype train going that long.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Mr. Yellow wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:16 am The fact that they mentioned various versions of kaiju as well must mean the walls have been broken down. I'm not getting too ahead of myself here, but companies usually don't speak in such big words unless they intend to see these things through. I'm weeping at the idea of a consistent scale, and high quality set of Toho kaiju. I think these would be the perfect medium between MonsterArts and X-Plus.
If you're not familiar with the Cyberpunk 2077 diaster, I'd advise you look it up. It proves companies do use big words to generate hype and then deliver on less than half of what was promised.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:59 am
Mr. Yellow wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:16 am The fact that they mentioned various versions of kaiju as well must mean the walls have been broken down. I'm not getting too ahead of myself here, but companies usually don't speak in such big words unless they intend to see these things through. I'm weeping at the idea of a consistent scale, and high quality set of Toho kaiju. I think these would be the perfect medium between MonsterArts and X-Plus.
If you're not familiar with the Cyberpunk 2077 diaster, I'd advise you look it up. It proves companies do use big words to generate hype and then deliver on less than half of what was promised.
Seems disingenuous to compare an independent toy company with a multi-million dollar gaming studio.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

NECA themselves have done the same regarding "Multiple versions of Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah"
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Can't wait to see what these guys do with the license, should be cool!

I do see folks anticipating Super7 doing things like Kong or MechaniKong, and I would remind them that Super7 can't license that which Toho isn't willing, or capable of granting license, and the Kongs definitely fit the latter description.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

They’ve already stated they don’t have the ability to do Kong or MechaniKong in one of the interviews or press releases or something. Don’t remember exactly which source it was, but Super7 explicitly stated they couldn’t do those two already.