2020 Wish Lists - What are your REALISTIC hopes

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: 2020 Wish Lists - What are your REALISTIC hopes

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:NECA's not doing any GVK stuff.
Has this been confirmed, or are you just confidently speculating?
I think they just admitted it straight up that they weren't doing any GVK merch. Must have gotten tired of the hassle it took for KOTM. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ah. Well, at least they're up front about it. *sigh* I wish this company wasn't so damn frustrating to deal with. I'm leaning toward passing on the NECA Rodan and Mothra and getting the MMS vinyls, just because I don't want them sitting around as weird outliers in an otherwise Godzilla-only collection, like my poor, lonely Knifehead. Problem is, there's every chance that as soon as Rodan and Mothra's prices start climbing, NECA will about-face and start releasing other monsters.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

I don't keep up on toy news, so I don't know what's been announced, or who has licensed what. Maybe some of these ships have sailed, but it's a wishlist, right?

- Jakks Pacific: Complete the KotM line with 6" scale Godzilla and Mothra. And why not do simple repaints of the 12" Godzilla, in blue atomic blast, and red/orange fire/burning versions?

- Bandai Creations: The reissues seem to have sold well. But they missed out on not refreshing the line in time for the holidays. Keep the line going. Reissues are fine, but also include new figures. Megalon and Titanosaurus would be my top picks. Plus more versions of Godzilla and Ghidorah. And more 10" figures. Reissue G'14, and bring over the Japanese molds of Shin G and G Earth.

- NECA: Keep the classic Godzillas coming. But complete the MonsterVerse with a MUTO 2-pack, Skull Island Kong, and King Ghidorah 2019. Make him twice as big as Godzilla, and I'll pay twice as much, no problem. And maybe some classic Godzilla opponents. A Showa MG w/ the kind of accessories they do for their horror figures would be AMAZING.

- Bandai Japan: Again, reissues are fine. But do some new sculpts as well. Megalon, Rodan '56, and Showa Baragon. I'm not going to make a wishlist for the Ultra Hero / Monster series. They're doing just fine. Just feel free to sprinkle in some older monsters. Oh, and paint the damn tails!

That's all. No mention of SHMA, because I don't collect them. I'd just like to see NECA expand a bit to become a true counterpart.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Hoping for more obscure Ultra-Kaiju to show up in future series (Takkong, Gimaira, Peguila, etc.), which usually guarantees us new figures of these guys.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

a 12" long skullcrawler to display with my mezco kong

larger scale monsterverse mothra and rodan to display with bigger godzilla figures (5.5-6" height,14-18" wingspan)

24" long NECA shin and/or 2019
your source of self destruction

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

NECA:

Godzilla 2002
24" Godzilla 2019
M.U.T.O
King Ghidorah

S.H. Monsterarts:

'98
Orga

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NECA:

- 1968 Godzilla with a bloody forehead repaint version to represent Godzilla vs. Gigan
- 1989 Godzilla with Ohrai Biollante poster art box
- 1991 Godzilla, remold of 1989 with Ohrai Ghidorah artwork

Not much else I can really ask for that isn't too far out there or likely to come anyway.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote:NECA:

- 1968 Godzilla with a bloody forehead repaint version to represent Godzilla vs. Gigan
- 1989 Godzilla with Ohrai Biollante poster art box
- 1991 Godzilla, remold of 1989 with Ohrai Ghidorah artwork

Not much else I can really ask for that isn't too far out there or likely to come anyway.
Yes to all of these but I'd rather a skeleton hand/scarred eye Hedorah repaint for 1968 then 1972, personally

RIP Evan.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I just want a badass Kong figure, from the Monsterverse. I know there's that cool looking Mezco Kong out there. But I want one from a Godzilla universe.

Wishful thinking:

NECA Ghidorah (accurate sculpt and scale)
Last edited by KingKaiju on Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think there's a halfway decent chance of a X-Plus doing a Gigantic Godzilla 1984 this year. They usually do 2 Gigantics a year and one of those should be Mechagodzilla. There's still a lot of other suits left but I feel 84 or maybe FW Godzilla being strong possibilities.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

NECA so far has been getting better with their Showa Godzilla figures, 1964 being their best so far. I hope they definitely keep up with the Showa era, I would like to see them do Godzilla 1968, & Godzilla 1975, hopefully some Showa figures of Mothra, Rodan, & King Ghidorah, but I would very much like to see them do Showa Mechagodzilla(1975 especially) & Titanosaurus if we're lucky, & perhaps 6inch figures of Form 2 & 3 of Shin.

But most of all, I really want NECA to make more Giant Godzilla figures, especially 1954 & Shin, & maybe even 1984.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I think there's a halfway decent chance of a X-Plus doing a Gigantic Godzilla 1984 this year. They usually do 2 Gigantics a year and one of those should be Mechagodzilla. There's still a lot of other suits left but I feel 84 or maybe FW Godzilla being strong possibilities.

The hot speculation going around seems to be the second Gigantic for 2020 being Showa Gigan, based on some prior commentary from Gee Okamoto. Leslie Chambers had a live stream a week or two ago, where the 2020 possibilities were discussed and this was tossed around...

With the upcoming Yuji Sakai Collection 30cm '84 Godzilla coming in a couple months, I'd be very surprised to see X-Plus go right to '84 for the second Gigantic in the same year, especially given how on-model perfect that Sakai looks. Despite the evidence from Gee, I'm also doubtful that X-Plus would go two non-Goji characters in a row for the Kaiju end of the Gigantic series.

I mean, they do Goku every other figure in the DBZ Gigantics, they don't do two-in-a-row Vegetas...

That said, it is high time for a Gigantic Mothra to go with the Gigantic '64, or at least a Gigantic Mothra Larva, a Gigantic Baragon to go with the GMK, and you just know that they aren't going to bring us the '74 MechaGodzilla without a '74 Godzilla to fight him.

Personally, if *I* were Gee Okamoto, I'd want the second Gigantic for 2020 to be Mothra 1964, and I'd want to be using some of the new features they've recently added to some of their figures to make her the most incredible X-Plus figure to date.

If you haven't seen it, X-Plus is releasing, under the Star Ace brand at the end of January, a 30cm figure of the Lycan from the Underworld film series which features an actual fur mane on its head.

Can you imagine an appropriately furry Mothra, scaled to the Gigantic '64? A Gigantic Mothra, if done right could be produced much less expensively than a big vinyl Goji, allowing for the expense of the flocking. The moment I saw that Lycan, the image of that furry Gigantic Mothra (and a furry 30cm King Caesar) popped right into my head...

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

I would like to see some more Showa figures from either SHMA or NECA. For me, NECA could pair up their MosuGoji figure with an adult Mothra and larva, and if they wanted to- Rodan (since they made the MV version of each figure). In that vain, NECA could also make a SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah figures as well.

Likewise, I would like to see more Shows-era kaiju from SHMA- Anguirus, Gigan, Megalon, King Caesar, and Hedorah.

I'm a sucker for the MegaroGoji suit, so it would cool to see that from either company.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

SHMA:

King Kong (2020)
Godzilla (Final Wars)

I'm probably done with the line after that. Tired of getting my hopes up for variety.

Playmates 6 inch figures
Skullcrawler
MUTO (preferably Male *and* Female)
Behemoth
Rodan (KOTM)
Mothra (KOTM)
Titanosaurus
Varan

10+ inch scale
Ghidorah (KOTM)

NECA:
Godzilla 2000 (maybe)
Rodan 1956 (I don't expect this from them at all, but I'd probably buy it)
Mothra 1964 (same as above IF the QC is good)
Last edited by Cosbydaf on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: SHMA:

Anything Showa.
Biollante repaint.
I cant belive I called this lmao

RIP Evan.

Gonzilla
Yojimbo

Post by Gonzilla »