Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Diablos wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:23 pm I feel like GvK Godzilla is a safe bet, as would be his atomic blast version, but I'm not sure about Kong... Aren't Kong action figures a licensing nightmare?
They are but I'm fairly certain this Kong should be easy to license. Much clearer source with WB

RIP Evan.

Diablos
Ronin

Post by Diablos »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:35 pm
Diablos wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:23 pm I feel like GvK Godzilla is a safe bet, as would be his atomic blast version, but I'm not sure about Kong... Aren't Kong action figures a licensing nightmare?
They are but I'm fairly certain this Kong should be easy to license. Much clearer source with WB
I'd be glad if so! This would be only, what, the third King Kong figure made by Bandai? Crazy for such an icon of cinema.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

master_of_monsters wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:41 pm
Diablos wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:50 pm Was just thinking, whenever they inevitably do an Azure Rathalos, they should include different stand accessories to provide a different flying pose. Wouldn't cost as much as other new molds and it would be cool to have the the two Rathalos flying in different poses together on a shelf.
silver and dreadking wouldn't be too farfetched either (though dreadking is notably larger than a normal rathalos) and a slight resculpt then you have a rathian and all of her subspecies and deviant
I feel like Rathian would be the perfect "Low budget" lull after the triple whammy of Nargacuga, Rathalos, and Zinogre without being a repaint. I can't imagine the Monster Hunter Monsterarts are cheap to design and produce with all the new sculpts. The only parts on Rathian that really need new sculpts are the head, back, shoulders, and tail tip. Doesn't even need different accessories, though I would appreciate an actual fireball.
or a purple "swish" for her backflip attack
your source of self destruction

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Kong 62 is, not kong 2021 since WB legendary own it.
Last edited by Naruto65 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Now that we've seen Godzilla in GVK and absolutely nothing has changed, I bet we'll get a reissue of 2019 in a new box maybe.
Kong and [THE SPOILER] also seem like safe bets? Maybe Azure Rath or Rathian, but maybe a reissue of Rath first that fixes some of the issues I heard people had with it?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

EKnightMedia finally shipped the GMK Godzilla :) look forward to it arriving! Not so much looking forward to the invoice for Biollante sometime in February.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Now that we've seen Godzilla in GVK and absolutely nothing has changed, I bet we'll get a reissue of 2019 in a new box maybe.
Kong and [THE SPOILER] also seem like safe bets? Maybe Azure Rath or Rathian, but maybe a reissue of Rath first that fixes some of the issues I heard people had with it?
[/quote]

Actually I could see them putting out a GvK Godzilla fig about the same size as their Godzilla Earth fig to make Kong about 6 inches... hopefully we find out soon. :mrgreen:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

A bigger Goji 2019/2021 figure?

...shit I'd HAVE to jump on that.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Nathus214 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:44 pm A bigger Goji 2019/2021 figure?

...poop I'd HAVE to jump on that.
same
your source of self destruction

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Or they'll repaint to look like the playmates. I'd love a Godzilla Earth sized version of the 2019 figure.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I imagine Kong will just be smaller rather than making an even bigger Goji.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

So Funko has revealed their Kong v Godzilla pops, hopefully Bandai will show off the new MonsterArts soon.

burtmacklin
Ronin

Post by burtmacklin »

Do we know for sure we’re getting movie figures?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

burtmacklin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm Do we know for sure we’re getting movie figures?
Why wouldn't we?

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

burtmacklin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm Do we know for sure we’re getting movie figures?
It's a pretty safe bet. SHMA has consistently done figures for new Godzilla films.
G2014 (Standard, Poster, Atomic Breath)
Shin Godzilla (Form 2, Form 3, Form 4, Form 4 Awakening, Form 4 Frozen)
Anime Trilogy (Filius and Earth)
KotM (G19, King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, Spitfire, Poster)

I'd expect them to do, at the very least, G19 reissue and Kong. Probably the spoiler.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

I am beyond ready for GvK Trailer, Movie and Monsterarts Figs.!!!

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

On Tamashii Nation's IG Stories, they posted a picture of the Godzilla vs Kong poster with the caption: "Great Things Coming".

Let the speculation begin....

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Hopefully we get a toy reveal (and maybe even a preorder?) after the trailer's release...
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

A 1960's Toho Kong with interchangeable long/short arms, and chugging barrel with eye-rolling head!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 pm A 1960's Toho Kong with interchangeable long/short arms, and chugging barrel with eye-rolling head!
It’s a pipe dream but I’d buy that instantly. It would also make me seriously regret passing on the ‘62 Goji...