Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by ScootaVaran »

Well, it's official. The Torosaurus has been unlocked. That's all of the BotM.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

ScootaVaran wrote:Well, it's official. The Torosaurus has been unlocked. That's all of the BotM.
Awesome, now I just gotta wait for the 28 inch Rex. That thing is gonna be a beast.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:Well, it's official. The Torosaurus has been unlocked. That's all of the BotM.
Awesome, now I just gotta wait for the 28 inch Rex. That thing is gonna be a beast.

:shock:

OK, 1. glad all of them got unlocked, especially given I was too poor to help contribute lol.

2. 28 INCH T. REX. Where? I MUST SEE THIS

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Next year is the kickstarter for the Tyrannosaur series.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Added in 3 hours 4 minutes 5 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote: Awesome, now I just gotta wait for the 28 inch Rex. That thing is gonna be a beast.

:shock:

OK, 1. glad all of them got unlocked, especially given I was too poor to help contribute lol.

2. 28 INCH T. REX. Where? I MUST SEE THIS
Update 12 on the ceratopsian Kickstarter. He was writing scales on the notebook and he has Rex at 28 inches

Here is the pic of the notebook:

And here is the link to the page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cr ... ts/2636959
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

You've got sometime to wait till that is even up on the kickstarter.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

ScootaVaran wrote:You've got sometime to wait till that is even up on the kickstarter.
Good, because I’m saving up for that bad boy

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

'Some time' as in like three or four years, right? :lol:

With this line being such a small operation, it takes a while for anything to get done. Not really a problem, though, as it allows us to plan for buying and making room for these figures way the heck in advance.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

JAGzilla wrote:'Some time' as in like three or four years, right? :lol:

With this line being such a small operation, it takes a while for anything to get done. Not really a problem, though, as it allows us to plan for buying and making room for these figures way the heck in advance.
Exactly, gives me enough time to save up for what could potentially be a 300+$ figure

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Edel's Kickstarter is not going well, with less than $6,000 pledged, 19 days remaining, and a total needed of over $200,000. Their "Johnny-Come-Lately" status compared to Beasts of the Mesozoic does not help. Andy( of Andy's Dinosaur Reviews )is plugging for them - hard - but I fear that it may be a lost cause now... :(

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Eh, there's mumurs that the guy behind the Edel Kickstarter is a known scammer.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Nathus214 wrote:Eh, there's mumurs that the guy behind the Edel Kickstarter is a known scammer.
Then where did those cool Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor prototypes come from? I'm not plugging their Kickstarter, mind you, as it appears to be a lost cause anyway...

BTW, if anyone 'Stateside is gonna get the Papo Limited Edition Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, you might wanna order from a 'Stateside source. To order it from the UK, will cost over $100, including shipping. Order it from a US retailer, like Dan's Dinosaurs or Happy Hen, and you'll be paying $70-75, shipping included.

Added in 1 day 5 hours 38 minutes 51 seconds:
Stopped at another Palais Royal store. Found 3 Carnotaurus, 2 Dilophosaurus, 2 green T-Rex. Apparently the glossy Indominus is the "hot one" in this wave. Meijer up north, has Snap Squad too, so it seems that REGIONAL Dept. Store chains are the place in the US for the 'lil buggers. Stashed a green T-Rex and a Dilophosaurus, as the Dilopho I already have has a sh*t package. Wish that EE knew what their bloody case packs of Snap Squad are, so I knew whether to order or not. The ones I stashed are as good as got, so I don't NEED a Wave 2 box. Anyone here order Snap Squads from EE lately?

Added in 6 hours 23 minutes 19 seconds:
Got my JW Savage Strike Plesiosaurus from Amazon today. Picked it up at Palais Royal, which is an Amazon Hub. The sales clerk requested a "code number" to take it. I didn't have the number. It was already in my hands. I said, "It has my name on it. What's to stop me from just walking out the door with it?" She said, "Well, the protocol is..."

Me: 'Bye...

When I saw the package, I was NOT happy. It was in a padded envelope! Fortunately, it seems to have survived the trip undamaged - by the Grace of God. When Amazon asks for my feedback, I'm gonna tear them a new one... :evil:
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I might have to order the Plesiosaurus from Amazon if my local stores don't start getting some new crap in soon. It's just been the same old stuff clogging up the shelves and pegs for months, now. Not that my wallet is complaining, mind you, but they really need to stop repainting/repacking the same figures over and over again. I don't think anybody is ever going to buy another Stiggy or Raptor.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Wal-Mart Site-To-Store is FREE. You just pay for the item + sales tax. Go to your Wal-Mart and pick it up when it comes in. That's it...

I agree that we've gotten MORE than enough versions of Stiggy...

Added in 5 days 16 hours 9 minutes 38 seconds:
Picked up my Battle Damage Plesiosaurus the other day. Package is in good shape, one small ding in a bottom corner, otherwise minty. Paint aps are good, including the eyes. The shipping box was a lot bigger than it needed to be, but there was airbag packing inside, so it didn't bounce around much. Nice to get it for so little scratch...

Added in 12 hours 45 minutes 35 seconds:
Heads Up!!! The Battle Damage black/yellow Pteranodon has finally shown up 'Stateside - at Ross! $5.99 IF they have it! Wasn't looking for it, but when I found it, I grabbed one. Also, went back to the Palais Royal that I stashed the Snap Squads at, picked up my green T-Rex, Dilopho with a better package, and an extra Carnotaurus, cuz I dig Carnotaurs. $4.48 each...

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

^^^ What would you say is a equivalent to those Palais Royal stores?
Would really love to find some Snap Squads myself.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

ScootaVaran wrote:^^^ What would you say is a equivalent to those Palais Royal stores?
Would really love to find some Snap Squads myself.
Regional Dept. Stores. Palais Royal is in Texas, maybe some other states. Meijer is based in Michigan, and also found in states AROUND Michigan. You just have to find what chain is in your area...

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

xeno rex is up for preorder at bbts if anyone's interested

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/110599
your source of self destruction

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

With only THREE days to go, and a total of just over 7,000 USD, against a goal of $223,000, I am predicting the END of the Edel Kickstarter. Andy is still plugging away for them, but at this late date, unless some toy-loving philanthropist swoops in at the last second, all is lost. The figures appear quite nice, but amid rumors of a scam artist running this thing, backers are few...

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

The new Rebor Stegosaurus is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur!
I also checked Dans Dinosaur but nothing yet.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ScootaVaran wrote:The new Rebor Stegosaurus is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur!
I also checked Dans Dinosaur but nothing yet.
I figure (heh) I'll have Garden in hand from BBTS sometime around Presidents' Day...

Added in 20 minutes 31 seconds:
Photos of the Rebor Steg "Garden" in hand are coming out of China...

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6405416759

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6407943281