Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GojiLamb (Re-Birth)
Ronin

Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by GojiLamb (Re-Birth) »

*I give full credit to "Kaijunator" for this thread*
There have been many X-plus threads on TK so I decided (with the idea from "Kaijunator")
to start a X-plus Thread. So I've made this to discuss every little part/detail of X-plus from 2011-present, and share news on what's to come, and your opinions on the company.
If Godzilla 1974 isn't your favorite suit…… then I don't know you anymore.https://s2.yimg.com/cd/resizer/original ... wvfRMc.GIF

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Kaijunator »

Cool. How cool would it be if Diamond got to bring Ric-Boys over to the US? I'd pick up TokyoGoji, MireGoji, and Gigan. I wonder if Diamond will bring over all the new X-Plus figures coming out, like KG and G14.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

This one too, is gonna get locked. And you're likely gonna get warnings from the Moderators for creating unnecessary threads, Goji-Lamb.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

MandaSaurus wrote:This one too, is gonna get locked. And you're likely gonna get warnings from the Moderators for creating unnecessary threads, Goji-Lamb.
I think the 2015 thread would be locked. Why? Because then we won't have to keep creating seperate threads and we can have just one thread to keep up with.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GojiLamb (Re-Birth)
Ronin

Post by GojiLamb (Re-Birth) »

MandaSaurus, 1st: When "trying" to state an opinion, please always remember to use proper grammar.
2nd: There has not been a full-on X-plus discussion thread, it's only been one per year Ex: "2013 X-plus
Discussion Thread" and "2014 X-plus Discussion Thread"
3rd: Like Draglord says "Don't be an A-Hole in the toy section" after all it's the season to be jolly
Mandasaurus. :huge:
If Godzilla 1974 isn't your favorite suit…… then I don't know you anymore.https://s2.yimg.com/cd/resizer/original ... wvfRMc.GIF

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

I don't have any problem with one's enthusiasm and interest in starting a new thread, but their seems to be a process involved. Did you contact the Member listed as authoring the current thread that you have interest in continuing? This XPlus thread has been going on for years, and to wake up one day and see someone take over your thread might be eye opening to them, and others?

BTW, I was the original author of this thread, and one year was contacted by the now current who had ideas and wanted to take it over. i didn't mind and here we are today.

Brad, did you still want to refresh this thread each year?

Also, if someone wants to start a thread that discusses a specific company's product, they might want to include a link in the introductory post, to that company's site, http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 2Ftop.html, for people to quickly reference. Especially if the company gives regular updates that we would want to know about.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

This should be the official TK XPlus thread. :D

I always thought the yearly threads was a waste. If SH MA threads can do it why can't Plus threads.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

always thought the yearly threads was a waste. If SH MA threads can do it why can't Plus threads.
I completely agree.

On a sad note Anime Island have cancelled my GMK pre-order (re-release)
and the Gargantuas are not available anymore for the late Dec re-release.
Apparently Diamond has sent an e-mail canceling all additional re-release :(

Do you guys know what is happening, is this the end of Diamond partnership with x-Plus ?
Back to the good old time with the Japanese sellers forever ??

At least I pre-order KG from Ami Ami, so at least I have a consolation prize :D

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

From what I know, Diamond is releasing G'89 and Gorosaurus for Jan'15. GMK looks like will not be included. Contract is still up but most likely terminating soon.

Plus still pumping out kaiju after kaiju and now aiming to release small 6.5" figures like in their heydays.

This will be 12 inch though :D

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

ILL GREEN wrote:From what I know, Diamond is releasing G'89 and Gorosaurus for Jan'15. GMK looks like will not be included. Contract is still up but most likely terminating soon.

Plus still pumping out kaiju after kaiju and now aiming to release small 6.5" figures like in their heydays.

This will be 12 inch though :D
http://www.kaijuaddicts.com/wp-content/ ... a2014b.jpg
GMK? Can you tell us more please?
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Well the contract between Diamond and XPlus expires at 11:59pm on Dec. 31, 2014. Diamond has to release any figure they have ready by then and it looks like GMK Goji was cut off to because production was behind. No signs of renewal either. Unless Diamond is really planning to release their own sculpts like they mentioned a few months back.

http://www.kaijuaddicts.com/x-plus-diam ... -7-update/

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

Hoping we continue to see reissues, I have a couple holes in my collection that I could fill the second time around.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I wonder if the Ric-Boy G14 will have a Femuto head and a charge-up effect.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I would totally buy a 6 inch X Plus 2014.
Godzilla

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

g2vd wrote:I would totally buy a 6 inch X Plus 2014.
That and the MUTOs.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

brand new to x-plus how much do 6 inch figures usually go for in this line?

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Only 15 days left until X Plus King Ghidorah is released.
Godzilla

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

Can't wait for the shipping costs! \o/ :D

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

Gahdzilluh wrote:brand new to x-plus how much do 6 inch figures usually go for in this line?
no such thing with their current lines.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Leunames wrote:
Gahdzilluh wrote:brand new to x-plus how much do 6 inch figures usually go for in this line?
no such thing with their current lines.
In Japan, yes. 6 inch figures were XPlus' first gig in the game. You can find a handful on eBay for $50 to $80. Its been a while though, mostly 8 and 12 inchers make up the catalog nowadays with the arrival of 3 inch figures coming soon.