Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Wish X-Plus would do the T.rex from The Last Dinosaur.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Wish X-Plus would do the T.rex from The Last Dinosaur.
I'd prefer the T Rex from Planet of Dinosaurs. That one rules
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I'm hoping that the 30cm One Million Years B.C. dinosaur series, which starts with the Allosaurus in Q3 '20, signals a trend in "old school" sfx dinosaurs/creatures...

I'd love to see The Last Dinosaur's T.rex, or Planet Of Dinosaurs T.rex, or the T.rex from that early 80's Ringo Starr movie Caveman...

... or the T.rex from My Science Project

... and I'd love a Grumpy, or a Big Alice, from Land Of The Lost...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Love the fat elderly T.rex in Caveman.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Oooh. The hydra from Jason and the Argonauts. I would be on that so fast.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Steel Hellkite wrote:Oooh. The hydra from Jason and the Argonauts. I would be on that so fast.
There is so much Harryhausen I would love in 30cm... I have the early 2000's X-Plus Ymir, Cyclops, Sinbad Dragon, Kali and Talos. I'd love if they did a Gwangi, or a Kraken, or Rhedosaurus, or Mighty Joe Young... I can't wait to see the rest of the One Million Years B.C. dinosaurs...

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Agreed. Guess we can only support the line and see if it's enough.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Don’t see that line surviving with the Pacific Rim line falling apart with bad sales from Knifehead etc.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Need some opinions guys. Saw a couple of Gigantic G19 Ric on Ebay selling for $1600 USD, some close to $2k all including shipping, is it worth the money? At $1600 it's a little more than twice the retail price on Ric Site but as it stands now, they don't have future plans of reissuing it. Am I just doomed to pay that much to get one now?
Last edited by ultrazilla on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Speaking as someone who spent more than a reasonable amount on collectibles this past year, I can’t think of many collectibles where I’d be willing to drop $1600+ on one item. Especially when we’re talking about a recent mass produced vinyl figure. If you’ve got the expendable income and you really really want it, well, you only live once as they say.

But if you’re here agonizing over it on an anonymous message board, I’d guess you don’t really truly deep down actually want to blow that much cash on it. In that case I’d say save your money. Maybe find something else (maybe the standard release or a different statue/figure with the fins lit up?) that scratched that itch for a more reasonable price.

But that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

canofhumdingers wrote:Speaking as someone who spent more than a reasonable amount on collectibles this past year, I can’t think of many collectibles where I’d be willing to drop $1600+ on one item. Especially when we’re talking about a recent mass produced vinyl figure. If you’ve got the expendable income and you really really want it, well, you only live once as they say.

But if you’re here agonizing over it on an anonymous message board, I’d guess you don’t really truly deep down actually want to blow that much cash on it. In that case I’d say save your money. Maybe find something else (maybe the standard release or a different statue/figure with the fins lit up?) that scratched that itch for a more reasonable price.

I'll never understand why some folks only use E-Bay when I've seen that figure going for almost half of that on non-bidding websites. But then again, I've had to explain what sites like HLJ and Mandrake are to "collectors" more than once.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

canofhumdingers wrote:Speaking as someone who spent more than a reasonable amount on collectibles this past year, I can’t think of many collectibles where I’d be willing to drop $1600+ on one item. Especially when we’re talking about a recent mass produced vinyl figure. If you’ve got the expendable income and you really really want it, well, you only live once as they say.

I got the Standard already and was thinking about getting the Ric later if it turned out well but who would've thought they sell out so fast. Well lesson hard learned, always pre-order The Ric first and buy Standard later. X-plus impressed me but don't want more of my money at the same time :(, so I pre-ordered the King Ghidorah statue from Spiral Studio as of now.

Added in 2 minutes :
MM Raids Again wrote:

I'll never understand why some folks only use E-Bay when I've seen that figure going for almost half of that on non-bidding websites. But then again, I've had to explain what sites like HLJ and Mandrake are to "collectors" more than once.
I've checked those sites and they weren't on the listing, are you sure you didn't just see the Standard? Can you give me a link maybe?

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

https://sta.sh/022spj4bvxjx
https://www.deviantart.com/themasterofm ... -825752447
https://gemr.com/item/Xg_3mrEHBAAb3ak_/ ... unter-crew

it's not an X-plus but it's about the same size as a 30cm and the box kind of looks like an X-plus, at least to me
your source of self destruction

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

ultrazilla wrote:Need some opinions guys. Saw a couple of Gigantic G19 Ric on Ebay selling for $1600 USD, some close to $2k all including shipping, is it worth the money? At $1600 it's a little more than twice the retail price on Ric Site but as it stands now, they don't have future plans of reissuing it. Am I just doomed to pay that much to get one now?

Well ultra, speaking as having the ric, it's a pretty cool piece, but it certainly ain't worth that kind of money. Heck, I paid a bit less than that for my big kaiyodo a few years back. I'd feel a bit sick if i shelled that out for the ric, especially when you have a very good piece in standard. As you said, the spiral studio ghidorah is less than that, and I expect will be a far finer piece. Besides there are plenty of other things to blow out cash on coming down the pike, be sure of that.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Steel Hellkite wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:Need some opinions guys. Saw a couple of Gigantic G19 Ric on Ebay selling for $1600 USD, some close to $2k all including shipping, is it worth the money? At $1600 it's a little more than twice the retail price on Ric Site but as it stands now, they don't have future plans of reissuing it. Am I just doomed to pay that much to get one now?

Well ultra, speaking as having the ric, it's a pretty cool piece, but it certainly ain't worth that kind of money. Heck, I paid a bit less than that for my big kaiyodo a few years back. I'd feel a bit sick if i shelled that out for the ric, especially when you have a very good piece in standard. As you said, the spiral studio ghidorah is less than that, and I expect will be a far finer piece. Besides there are plenty of other things to blow out cash on coming down the pike, be sure of that.
I agree, $1600 is just not worth it, besides the money is already going towards King Ghidorah now :) . Also heard Spiral Studio is planning to do all of the Monsterverse Titans in the future so maybe they'll do a Supercharged Godzilla too.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Supposedly they're doing Mothra next.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Supposedly they're doing Mothra next.

Well, we've already seen the prototype for the '74 MechaGodzilla at like 4 or 5 shows, so I'm pretty sure that's the next Gigantic, but the one after that is not yet known.

I want a '64 Mothra, to go with the Gigantic MosuGoji, but I've heard that Gee Akamoto has specifically mentioned the Showa Gigan as being a character coming as a Gigantic.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Does anybody know what the next Japanese toy expo/show with an X-Plus booth is?